Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Jun 13, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our August 2012 Trip with Brangelina - Day 15 - Shopping and return of Brangelina

So, where was I?

Oh yes, later on today at some point Brangelina were going to be back (hurray I hear you all cry - what shenanigans will they cause now).

Today we decided we would pop round a few shops and because we wanted to have a look at the Cheesecake Factory we headed off to Mall at Millennia.

Whilst on the way there I did a little experiment in seeing what MPG I could get out of the 7 seater with just us in it - sad I know but thought I would have a go and see if I could get it above 30 as I got the Mustang over 32 indicated (US Gallons remember) on the trip back from our friends.

Managed to get an indicated 31.8 on the drive there - not too bad.

Not really that much to say about this day as we just had a mooch about at this point. Didn't bother with the good camera today so just took a few pictures on my old phone. Here is one of the Cheesecake Factory on our way in (wow Dave - what great photos you are taking today - so interesting)

We had a mooch around the various shops - mainly buying up clothes for Emily, we probably bought ourselves a few things too as we seemed to buy a lot more clothes over there this year than we normally would.

Lunch - we just wanted to grab something quick so decided to have a look in the food court. Emily wanted a Chick-fil-A kids meal so we got her one from there and we decided to have something from Firehouse Subs. Now - if you like the likes of Subway - you will LOVE Firehouse Subs because the meat is hot and it was easily the best sandwich I have had in years. Got some really nice hand cooked crisps too as well as a Red Firemans Hat for Emily

We did some more shopping after this and then decided we would head to Downtown Disney for a mooch about there - stopping off at The Cheesecake Factory on the way out so I could get a take away slice of Cheesecake.

Now I am a lover of Cheesecake - but oh my lord, how do they make them like this! I cant even remember what I got but it was really Chocolaty and they put a lot of whipped cream on it, so of course it being about a zillion degrees outside I had to have a bit of it in the car. One mouthful and I felt sick because it was just that rich - but I couldn't stop I ate about half of it before we whacked the Aircon on full and headed to downtown disney.

When there we stopped off at the hole in the wall at Raglan Road which was fairly quiet (usually you cant get a seat there when we have been). Just had a glass of Magners for me, one for Lindz and a Sprite for Emily - oh and I tucked back into my Cheesecake. I must have been asked by about 10 people where I got it from ha ha.

After a bit of a walk about, a look in some of the shops (and a few more purchases) we decided we would head back to the Villa as it was late afternoon - hopefully Brangelina would not be back yet.

Our luck was in - they weren't back (hurrah). So we decided it was double pool time - first a swim then a game.

I had bought a few of these earlier in the holiday to try - was quite nice.

Eventually, Brangelina got back about 9:30ish - with madam having yet another one of her faces on her. We had the garage door open as we were playing pool, she purposefully got out of the car and walked over to the front door to go in rather than through the garage to say hello. Steve walked through the garage and when I asked him if they had a good time he said yeah and nothing more.

While I got another few drinks from the kitchen he did tell me more about their trip and that Sarah was tired which is why she went straight to the room without even saying hello (perhaps she had used up all the manners she brought with her earlier in the holiday and couldn't get any more). Steve did pop into the garage for a quick game of pool but got off to bed himself fairly soon as he was tired (in other words, he didn't want to risk her mood getting worse because he was fraternising with us).

We continued to have a game of pool - and because their room was quite close to the garage we did the kind thing and turned the music down ... nah - did we hell, we turned it up and when we went back into the house after a bit we put the iPod dock in there and had it on a decent volume too.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 13, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Probably a good job you turned the music up. They were probably having a row! So enjoying your reports. I have been checking for the next instalment. Thanks.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 13, 09:35 PM  
Link to this Post
JK's Mummy
Imagineer

Oh dear- wish you'd post a photo of them, would love to see what they look like!

We missed Cheesecake Factory last year but since cheesecake is my ultimate favourite food it will not be a mistake I'll repeat!
JK's Mummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 13, 09:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lol
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 13, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by JK's Mummy View Post
Oh dear- wish you'd post a photo of them, would love to see what they look like!

We missed Cheesecake Factory last year but since cheesecake is my ultimate favourite food it will not be a mistake I'll repeat!
There already is a kind of Hidden Brangelina
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 13, 04:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love the Cheesecake Factory !
Shame about Brangelina"s rudeness
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 13, 08:41 AM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

Can't believe she didn't even say hello- she is so rude.
Been waiting for the next instalment, it would have ruined my holiday
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 13, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Wozi
Imagineer

Another great instalment. I seriously do not know how you all managed to put up with them!
Old 15 Jun 13, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That's not nice how rude not even saying hello

Joan
Old 15 Jun 13, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
We thought it was hilarious her being such a ... cow (PG version).

As for how we put up with them... I have no idea how I kept so calm because I am so intolerant usually - it's a complete mystery to me, more so going over it again writing this trip report.