Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jun 13, 05:14 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our August 2012 Trip with Brangelina - Day 16 - Universal and more Shopping

So - the last day we had the Mustang (and therefore freedom from Brangelina).

I have been deep in thought on this day because I couldn't remember what we did (and too no pictures - so apologies for that). But I eventually have remembered what we did.

This is not going to be the most exciting day report, the longest or even include any pictures (boooo!) - in fact I wouldn't blame you for clicking the back button for a hasty retreat (promise, tomorrow's is better).

So - what did we do today?

Well after staying up a bit later than we usually would to ensure that we (1) started to use up the excess alcohol in the house, (2) played music louder than we would have to annoy Brangelina we didn't really feel like an early start to the day.

We did think that Brangelina would be up and about before us but alas no - when we got up we were greeted with the usual Wild Hog snoring from their room that we had become accustomed to. As we were about to leave they surfaced and Steve mentioned something about the Mustang having ants in it because they got bitten loads in the last 2 days they had it and saw them all over the dashboard when driving. Thinking great - thats another thing they have ruined we went off for the final day in the Mustang. I had a good look in the car before we got in and could not see a single ant or evidence of an ant (nothing dead). In fact - nothing at all the whole day - perhaps they were just thinking they would try and ruin our last day in the car.

So we went off to Universal as our tickets were still valid and spent the morning there - after a stop off at McDonalds for some breakfast. Our over exuberance on the beers the night before must have dehydrated us because we were constantly gasping for drinks - luckily we had our trusty refillable cups with us (having brought them with us last few trips).

Nothing really to say about it - we milled around both parks and eventually decided we would make our way to the Premium Outlets for some shopping as the weather was looking like it could turn.

As we were driving out of the Universal Car Park - obviously with the roof down to make the most of the echo and the lovely exhaust note it looked like it was going to rain as we were exiting the car park so I decided its best to put the roof up and was going very slow so started - well the roof got stuck halfway up and I didnt know if we would make it past the height restriction I stopped, engine off, engine on, roof fully up and made our way out before someone plowed into us (rookie mistake).

So - we went off to do some shopping to rid ourselves of some money, again buying Emily more clothes as well as a stop at the discount Disney shop where we bought some things for our kitchen that we were going to be getting done when we got back - and 3 birthday Duffy's as they were on offer (we kept them for ourselves ).

Weather was a bit on and off with the rain so before long it was starting to get late in the afternoon - so we made our way back to the Villa.

As we got there - great, Brangelina were not there So we enjoyed one of the last times we would get in the pool by ourselves and before they came back we made our way out to Manny's again so that we could get Buy on get one free Fajitas. Manny's was as good as it was the time before - we got the Chicken Wings to share as a started - easily enough for two people! We both got the combo Fajitas, the steak was so tender it was hard to tell it from the chicken! Also as I drove last time, Lindsay had the diet coke and I had a cocktail and a couple of beers with my meal. Emily had the Grilled Cheese again as she really enjoyed it the time before (she is a creature of habit). Emily got Ice Cream again and I decided I would have to have a slice of Strawberry Cheesecake which was lovely (I was supposed to share this with Lindsay but she only wanted a bit so I ate most of it). As we were leaving I got myself a Manny's T-Shirt (which I still haven't worn).

We got back to the villa (with our extensive leftovers) fully expecting Brangelina to be there but they still weren't (bonus). Unfortunately they did arrive back not long after - they did tell us what they did this day but clearly I can't remember what they did (nor do I care).

Tomorrow - the Mustang goes back so we are stuck with them for the last full day
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 13, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good last day on your own

Joan
Old 24 Jun 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Can't be a bad day if shopping was involved Sounds like you really enjoyed Manny's

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 13, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post

I loved the comment about the ' wild hog snoring coming from their room' that really tickled me!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 13, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Manny's is great - cant wait to go back there in August.

As for the Wild Hog Snoring, well - you seriously have to hear it to believe it. Our bedroom was at the opposite end of the villa and with doors closed you could still hear it over the TV in our room.
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 13, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Shame the car is going back and you are stuck with Brangelina, am I the only one gagging to see a photo of them?! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 13, 01:33 PM  
Link to this Post
pandanne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Shame the car is going back and you are stuck with Brangelina, am I the only one gagging to see a photo of them?! Pussycat
Nope, I want to see them as well. ... Sounds like a good second to last day - at least you were able to do your own things. Can't wait to read tomorrow's excerpt.
Old 26 Jun 13, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Having a great time with your report, looking forward to the end summary LOL.
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jun 13, 07:45 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
The next one to do is the Final Full day there with them - it's going to be an interesting one
Old 26 Jun 13, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Manny's sounds delicious. I love combo fajitas!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List