Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Jun 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Our August 2012 Trip with Brangelina - Day 17 - No more Mustang & Stuck with Brangelina

Well, after having some freedom on the holiday today was the day we had to take the Mustang back - didn't seem like we had it a week (and wish Brangelina had taken the pre-holiday trip of getting their own car!).

So, we gets up early (I say we - I mean us, not Brangelina). We had to have the car back at the Dollar office on the 192 by 10am so had arranged an early start to make the most of the day, saying we wanted to be dropping it off for about 9 so we can then make the most of the day.

Guess what - they only surfaced about 9:30 and with all the faffing we decided that I will take the 7 seater and they can drive the Mustang back to the place, then we would go back to the villa to get Lindsay and Emily. So we go and drop our freedom off at Dollar and head back to the villa. We could only really go to Universal as thats the tickets we still had a day left on - so after picking Lindz and Emily up we popped off to Universal.

Steve said he would drive on the way back so I could have a beer (I need it with his driving). When we got to the park about 11 ish I quickly said 'so, what time shall we meet up' (hint hint) - which went down actually better than I expected as we just wanted to mill around and do things like Simpsons Ride again and they had things they had not done. We agreed on about 5pm by Rip Ride Rockit where we would go and get a final meal somewhere together.

So, we pops off round the parks (I actually took some pictures again but rubbish ones on my old mobile).

We watched a Dinosaur being hatched (It was real I tell you)

And we spent a bit more time in Seuss Landing (can't seem to drag Lindsay and Emily away from this place)

Now - it really looks to me like Marge is actually a Man, is 'relieving' himself whilst Lisa is quite embarrassed.

We did the T3-4D again as was just about to start when we were walking past - have done this before but wanted a bit of Aircon

It was at this point I decided it was getting close to Brangelina time again so as we were passing one of the beer carts got one of the big can of Fosters (I was kind and let Lindz have a bit - she didn't want her own)

As we were walking around, got myself another beer at one of the carts, and I think I got another big Fosters before we went to watch Beetljuice Review thingy.

... we continued round to kill a bit more time and had a look down some of the Universal side streets.

It was time to meet up but I got a text from Sarah saying they would be a bit later as they were stuck in a queue for a ride - no problem because there was a parade starting and we were pretty much stuck where we were anyway. Emily got a High 5 from one of the Parade People.

So - it was time to meet up with Brangelina ...
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
So - we meet up with them and Sarah has one of her faces on her again. If I gave a toss (and hadn't had a few beers) I would have asked her but thought what the hell.

Steve was going on about the Harry Potter ride in the castle - the 3D one because they had done it and said it was better than Spiderman 3D and we had not done it. So, we decided to pop back over to Islands of Adventure to have a look. Lindsay was not really wanting to, so her and Emily were going to stay around Seuss Landing again.

As we are walking over, Sarah is stomping ahead like an angry Pig (not sure what that's like - just wanted to call her an Angry Pig if I am being honest). I did ask Steve if she was upset over something and he just shrugged his shoulders (thanks - that clear that one up then).

So, we get there - passing the talking fountain thingy.

The queue wasn't that bad - lots of people milling around the entrance which makes it look busy but when we got in there it wasnt too bad. We went to find a locker (with Sarah storming off again) and put our stuff in - found Sarah and got in the queue - walked most of the queue. Was quite impressed with the queue in there to be honest.

Finally we get to the front and get on the ride. This is where Sarah's mood was not going to improve any more because when we were getting on the guy made her move to the end of the ride away from us because they have to line things up or something.

I was quite impressed with the ride - similar but different to Spiderman, and I would also say its better.

After leaving the ride, we made our way to get me a pint of Hogsmead Beer in the Pub place. I prefer tasteless chemical based brews but it was OK - bit like a mild, but I got my Souvenir Cup (which I use loads).

We headed back to find Lindsay and Emily, and then it was time to say goodbye to the park and go and get some food.

This is where Steve tells us that dinner is on them to say thanks for the holiday - wasn't sure to be grateful or insulted to be honest!). I decided to go down the middle so on our way out it was decided we were going to eat at Bubba Gump's as they had not eaten there and we had eaten at the Florida and NYC ones. As we were walking over I said - hey, let me buy us all a drink at NASCAR as want to have a last drink in there (kind of my way of lessening the 'debt' of having to be bought dinner by them). So when we get in there I made sure everyone got a couple of drinks (Steve had soft drink as he was driving, Emily had a Margarita (joke)). Sarah made reference to the flashing NASCAR cups so I got her a drink in one of them too - spent a fair bit in there really which was good

So we head off to Bubba Gumps - not having reserved so didn't know if we would have to wait. We were seated pretty much straight away.

Not sure what we got to eat - I don't do seafood so would have got something Chicken based or a burger (who cares, I was enjoying the beers). What me and Lindsay did get were these.

These were great - and we got the souvenir cups and holders so we can make them at home too.

Sarah's mood had not really lightened, and then it hit me why she was probably in a mood. It was clearly Steve's idea for them to buy the last meal there and thats why she was probably in a complete strop. What a complete cow - but do you know what, I didm't give a stuff about her the stroppy cow

After our food (and drinks) we headed off back to the car as it was getting late and we had to ensure that we had everything packed ready to leave the villa the next day having given it the once over.

When we got back home we started the sad process of checking and double checking we hadn't forgotten anything ready for travelling home the next day
(UPCOMING)2018- Florida V6.0beta (Aug) Pre-Trip Report 2016- Mexico (Aug) Menorca (Oct), 2015- NYC & Florida, 2014- Gran Canaria, Aug (Puerto Rico), 2013- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clearwater and Westhaven Villa) - Pre-Trip Report, 2012- Florida, Aug (Sunset Lakes Villa) - Brangelina Trip Report, 2011- Santorini, Aug (Kamari Hotel - Sisters Wedding), 2010- Florida, Aug (Rolling Hills Villa), 2009- Florida, Aug/Sep (Clear Creek Villa)

Edited at 07:28 PM.
FloridaDave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 07:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
It's unbelievable how anyone could be so miserable in such a happy place, good job you were all getting the happy vibes as she so easily could have ruined your holiday...sad that it's coming to and end
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear she doesn't get any better :angry: have too say I think I would be glad to be going home

Joan
Old 27 Jun 13, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa123wm
Imagineer

Sarah really does sound delightful. I wonder if Steve would have been not so bad without her influence. No excusing the grunts and belches though...

I guess future trips with friends are out? Lol!
Aug/Sept 09, Jan/Feb 10 - DLP, Aug 13 - NPBC DLP
Lisa123wm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
hehe, well done you on getting expensive drinks, I would have ordered the most expensive thing, just to see how angry she would get

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 13, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Kellea
VIP Dibber

Fantastic TR !

1993, 2008, 2011 OKW villas 17 nights ( thanks to Irene , 2013 3 nights Renaissance Seaworld, 3 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW and DxDDP, 2014 5 nights HRH Club, 16 nights OKW. 2015 15 nights Sheraton Vistana Villages. 2016 3 nights Sheraton New York Times Square, 3 nights HRH club level, 16 night AKL SV, 2 nights BLT. 2017 5 nights OKW, 5 nights BWV, 7 nights BLT, 4 nights HRH club. 2019 3 nights Renaissance (SW), 4 nights HRH CL, 7 nights BLT LV, 7 nights AKL SV

KELLEA
Kellea is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 06:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Thorpy
Imagineer

great reading... just found this quote int he pre trippie part 2...

"Sarah - 34. We have only known Sarah for a while but she is lovely and very fun. She is unbelievable excited and giddy about the holiday"
Thorpy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The photo of the can of Fosters, would that be Brangelina in front of the can? ...
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jun 13, 09:06 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaDave
Imagineer

FloridaDave's Reviews
Originally Posted by Thorpy View Post
great reading... just found this quote int he pre trippie part 2...

"Sarah - 34. We have only known Sarah for a while but she is lovely and very fun. She is unbelievable excited and giddy about the holiday"
Yeah - funny how initial impressions can be wrong - my initial gut instinct when I first met her was she was a little too confident as she just breezed into our house, said hello, plonked herself down on the sofa and within 10 minutes had her shoes of fans feet curled up. Interestingly she had a few drinks too which made her seem quite a nice person. She wasn't too bad if she was being the nice Sarah - just hadn't met the real Sarah.

If the per trip had said:-
"Sarah - 34, Mardy Cow"
I don't think we would had been so annoyed on the holiday.

Edited at 09:09 AM.