Notices

Old 29 Jun 13, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
mrbigbeak
Excited about Disney

The cat is let out of the bag, finally...

Hello,

After 6 months of constant sneaking about we have finally told our daughters of our 2nd walt disney world trip. We are booked for the 22nd of August and staying for 3 weeks we will be returning on the 13th of September. So allow me to introduce ourselves... We're the Gummers, there's me Mark 35 & my wife (mrsbigbeak) Sarah 29 and our 2 beautiful daughters Samara (littlebeak) 12 and Anya 3.

A little info on us, Me & Sarah have been together for 13 years and married coming up for 2 years,

We live in the South Wales valleys and though the weather is terrible and despite what you see on tv the valleys is no where near as bad as they portray it, we love it.

Our first and "once in a lifetime trip" was in August/September 2012 and if I am honest with you it was perfect, everything we could have asked for we got and a lot more as well, we spent 2 weeks in Disney's port Orleans French quarter and in that time we done all the disney parks including the water parks, Universal, Busch gardens, Seaworld, & Kennedy space center.

I hate flying and the thought of flying for over 9 hours was terrible I even said during the flight that I will never go again, BUT and I expect a few of you have felt the same way as me as soon as I layed eye (Mike Wazowski mention ) on the castle However long it took, however long I would have to fly, WE WERE COMING BACK

So now onto our 2nd once in a lifetime trip.

When we returned all we talked about was disney, remember this & remember that, you all know how it goes, we never seriously considered booking again until late November early December, we started looking and was checking prices on a daily basis we aimed for a August/September return as we had such a perfect time last time. We checked everywhere online, we tried packages, we tried separately until we found what looked perfect. We crunched the numbers and crunched them again, if we were strict on ourselves we could do it,

So on to the numbers

Fly drive with British airways booked on the 31st of December 2012

22nd August until the 13th of September for £2465 booked through quidco for £75 cashback £2390

Hotels and park tickets

For the first week, 22nd-29th August we booked Rosen Inn closet to Universal with Alpha rooms at £219.01 through top cash back for £34.65 cash back so £184.36

Remaining 2 weeks 29th August until 12 th September we booked port Orleans French quarter with free qsdp, theme park tickets and with 100 dollars gift card through disney at £2517.50 through quidco for £75 cash back so £2442.50

Total up to now includes flights,car,hotels and disney theme park tickets

£ 5,016.86

Having missed out on certain things when we were there the fist time and with a week extra we decided on a few extras, so we booked Discovery cove ultimate tickets with attraction tickets direct for £559

We also booked Blue man group with attraction tickets direct for
£118

And we booked Universal tickets again with attraction tickets direct for £386.

We found ATD brilliant the first time we booked from them so used them for this trip and they price matched every ticket for us and gave us a few freebies so I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them at all, we dealt with Sammie and she was very nice.

Running total so far £ 6079.86

Next up after a talk with the wife decided to book a night at Universals lowes royal Pacific resort to make use of the complimentary fast passes they offer we booked with Thomas cook at a price of £153.93 through quidco and got £20.01 cash back for a total of £133.92

We booked mnsshp for 10th September at a cost of £ 156
Disney's photopass plus for £99 great value as last time we had over a 1000 pictures

Grand total £6468.78

We are taking $3000 spending money

Here's our plan for the 3 weeks up to now with final decisions still to be made

Thursday 22 - Chill out by the pool, we arrive late
Friday 23 - Universal Studios Check Into Lowes Royal Pacfic Hotel
Saturday 24 -Islands of Adventure
Sunday 25 - Universal Studios
Monday 26 - Islands Of Adventure
With the fast passes and using the dibbs busy guide we figured this is the best way, and we can make the most of the photo connect card
Tuesday 27 - Day - Auqatica Night- Blue Man Group
Wednesday 28 - Seaworld
Thursday 29 - tbc - & Check into Port Orleans French Quarter
Friday 30 - Magic Kingdom. Preferred viewing at Wishes.
Saturday 31 - Epcot. Preferred viewing at illuminations
Sunday 1 - Hollywood studios
Monday 2 - Seaworld
Tuesday 3 - Discovery Cove
Wednesday 4 - Busch Gardens
Thursday 5 - Animal Kingdom.
Friday 6 - Magic kingdom Night - Downtown Disney
Saturday 7 - Epcot
Sunday 8 - Hollywood studios
Monday 9 - tbc
Tuesday 10 - Water park. Night - Mnsshp
Wednesday 11- tbc
Thursday 12 - Magic Kingdom

Like I said this is a rough guide and things will change, we need to add a day for Kennedy space center, our last trip was pretty much the same planned as above for the 2 weeks we stayed, again we used the dibbs busy day guide and never waited more than 30 minutes for a ride, the most we que'd was for olivanders wand shop over an hour but was well worth it because our oldest daughter Samara was chosen eeeeeekkk. We also planed that we had at least a day and half in each Disney main park. So there you have it, thats us and our plans up to now, thanks for reading and to finish a few pictures from our last trip.

Samara & Anya in Epcot

[URL=http://s40.photobucket.com/user/mrbigbeak/media/Photo0590FourBySix.jpg.html]

Old 29 Jun 13, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbell654
Gone all Goofy

Lovely report.We went for a once in a lifetime holiday in 2011,and like you my husband hates flying.We have just returned after spending a fab two weeks in my favourite place.My husband didn't come this time,it was my mum three children and me ! He couldn't face the flight as he gets himself in such a state.Since we have been back all we have done is talk about Florida and I think he now wishes he had come.I said to him today do you think you will do Florida again and he said maybe ! Here's to 2015 ( I've took his reply as a yes ! ) Enjoy the planning
tinkerbell654 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 13, 06:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Gillz121
Apprentice Imagineer

Gillz121's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Sounds amazing, looking forward to the trip report. 2 pretty girls you have!
Gillz121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 13, 07:10 PM  
Link to this Post
laalaa
Very Serious Dibber

Sounds great! I really like the idea of a split stay with Disney & IDrive. It means you can literally not leave Disney property for your stay there & then get all the benefits of IDrive there too!

Looking forward to reading more!
Old 29 Jun 13, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

great pre-trippie, you have it well planned out

What did Samara think of KSC last time ? We are thinking of visiting with an 8yo but she keeps saying she thinks she will be bored but Dp and I would like to visit! We are still undecided!
Old 29 Jun 13, 07:48 PM  
Link to this Post
chaffey
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Oh dear the Disney bug has bitten as we all know - once is just never enough.

look forward to reading more of your plans as they develop

Love the photos from last time
chaffey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jun 13, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Sounds like a fantastic trip and how lovely the girls can now share in the excitement !
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 13, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsbigbeak
Imagineer

Thank you for all the replies

1st time POFQ Aug/Sep 2012- 2 weeks -2nd time Rosen inn,POFQ 3 weeks-3rd time NYC,Canada,DC,Rosen inn, Coranado springs 5weeks-4th time Vegas,San Fransisco,Hollywood, Anaheim & NYC 3 weeks - 5th time,Rosen inn international,Disney all star music resort 3 weeks

Edited at 09:39 PM. Reason: Posted on wrong name
mrsbigbeak is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jul 13, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mrbigbeak
Excited about Disney

Thank you all for the lovely replies. @first timer, to be honest I'm not quite sure what samara thought of it, I will ask and get back to you. Our day at Kennedy was a bit of a let down really not because we didn't like but we didn't have much time there due to the fact that we got lost and wasted half a day, what we did see I really liked. The highlights for me were the Massive Saturn v rocket you really do have to see it to believe it, the launch pad as well and even though we didn't get close, just see it and to think of all the triumphs and tragedies that has happened was a experience, I think that if Atlantis wasn't there we wouldn't have gone back this year but this really is an opportunity not to be missed, if you like I can post a few pictures of our visit?
Old 1 Jul 13, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Originally Posted by mrbigbeak View Post
Thank you all for the lovely replies. @first timer, to be honest I'm not quite sure what samara thought of it, I will ask and get back to you. Our day at Kennedy was a bit of a let down really not because we didn't like but we didn't have much time there due to the fact that we got lost and wasted half a day, what we did see I really liked. The highlights for me were the Massive Saturn v rocket you really do have to see it to believe it, the launch pad as well and even though we didn't get close, just see it and to think of all the triumphs and tragedies that has happened was a experience, I think that if Atlantis wasn't there we wouldn't have gone back this year but this really is an opportunity not to be missed, if you like I can post a few pictures of our visit?
aww thank you so much I would love to see some pics. This post has made me want to go even more so I def think we will head maybe one of the early days in the holiday and be there for when it opens! Am I right in saying it is about an hour from Orlando? We are staying on Idrive