Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jul 13, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

The “We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time” Trip! June 2013 - Day 10 Magic Kingdom

Day 10 - MK

We were due to leave at 7:45 guess what? Yep you guessed right we left late, only 15 minutes, Im guessing my Mum was sorting her hair out again

We still made it for the opening ceremony though and in fact when we were on the monorail we saw the characters sat waiting on the railroad train and they all started waving. I love the opening ceremony and it puts me in a great mood for the rest of the day. This may be spoilt later by whining.

The plan was to head straight for buzz fastpasses and get on the speedway. Buzz fastpasses secured for 9:40, good we only have half hour to fill. Speedway was 10 minute wait and in fact it stayed like this for most of the day, I know the Paris one gets extremely busy very quickly. We were 5 and wanted 5 cars together, the one behind me was on the wrong track so the girl put Hollie in the one behind that and was going to move the other, however some manager looking guy stuck a kid in between us who insisted on stopping every few seconds so that none of us could see Hollie!

Ah well time for buzz, I got a measly score of 8000, although not as bad as Hollie who only got 2000, not sure how either of us managed that. My Dad found it hilarious! More on that later

Next up Monsters Inc, now I've always found this funny but today was extra hilarious as my dad and brother both got picked on. Matthew at the beginning, when it shows random ones and put a saying on the screen, "this guy has offered to buy everyone churros" was the one Matthew got. Thanks for that Matthew! Then my dad got picked, well we were all in stitches! He got the one with Sam and Ella? (Names might not be correct) They spotted his t-shirt which said "sorry I can’t hear you over how awesome I am" or something and they were taking the mick! They were asking where we were from and you know the way the monster says something silly, well most people say no that’s wrong, not my Dad, he said yes! Oh my days, well I don’t think the Monster knew what to say haha! She looked shocked. Then the girl one started flirting with my dad and he blew the monster a kiss. Well I’ve never laughed so much in all my life. Later on Dad said that when we’d gone in, he’d had his hat and sunglasses on his head, but had decided to take them off because he thought if he left them on he’d get picked on! He now realizes he had the wrong t-shirt on for today!

We headed to Main Street ready for the move it, shake it, celebrate it street party and dream along with Mickey had just started. I enjoyed this having not seen it before, however it was extremely hot today and we were all suffering, but the plan was to stay all day and watch the very last parade after Wishes, I’ve always found that one to be quieter.

We secured Peter Pan fastpasses and they were for 1:25, and then grabbed some lunch, the plan was to monorail over to Epcot after the 3pm parade to look around world showcase and then monorail it back. After lunch we rode Peter Pan and The Carousel. Once we'd done this, we headed for Haunted Mansion, and it was about a 25 minute wait, so we went on. This seemed to break down and we aren't really sure why, they put people on two different cars, then suddenly stopped the rides and we're having to lift the kids out, but none of the cast members seemed to know what they were doing! After about ten minutes, when someone who actually knew what they were doing came along, they moved these people and the ride started again and everyone was cheering. I had to laugh!

It was time to head up Main Street for the parade. By now all the shade was taken and there was barely any space left to sit down on the pavement, we grabbed two spots though, but had to put 2 ponchos and a cardi on the floor to sit on it was that hot. My Mum & Matthewheaded to starbucks as it was "too hot." Remember me saying about the whining when it rained, well now we had it because it was too hot, unfortunately my darling family you can't have it both ways. We watched this and I’m glad we saw it as it got rained off last week and we got the rainy day parade instead. We headed back to the villa for a few hours to cool off in the pool.

We didn’t eat out tonight, in fact we’ve not ate out as much this holiday as previous ones. We’d decided to grab a snack later in Magic Kingdom. We got back to MK about 8:15 and we were going to watch the 10 o'clock fireworks and 11pm parade, so we headed to BTM which was shut until Monday! Oh no! I hope nothings delayed and it does open Monday, we leave on Wednesday :/ Back to Tomorrow land, we rode the cars again and got 3 cars together this time, then rode buzz again which seemed to break down a few times while we were in the queue. Guess what though, Hollie beat my Dad’s score this time! She was really impressed with herself and it certainly stopped him laughing.

We were all a bit peckish by now, a few got ice cream, and one got nachos with cheese, we ate this while stood watching the show on the castle then the fireworks. I've always been in that crowd that is walking out of MK at 10:20, but it was amazing to watch just how many people were leaving.

We parked our bums on the floor near the top of the main street to wait for the parade. I popped over to the emporium as id seen a nail varnish in a few stores in the new makeup range and they'd never had the colour in stock that I wanted, I finally managed to get it

11pm came and they dimmed the lights, the parade was great as always. I find this one much better to watch and there is about half the number of people watching it. By 11:30 we were on the tram heading back to the car.

Bed about 12:30, we were off to Blizzard Beach tomorrow(a new thing for us), leaving time of 8:45, can we manage it? I think not!

Day 11 - Blizzard Beach/Shopping

Edited at 06:06 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

lovely day in MK at least there wasn't any rain today!

Ps I don't like whingers on holidays either !
Old 3 Jul 13, 04:48 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Brilliant day as you say shame when people whine
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:44 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Great day, some fab pics but I am loving the ones from Buzz - they are priceless. I agree, the whineing can get you down after a while - its like "loosen up , its a holiday, who cares!". Lovely day - but a long one - will you all be up in time tomorrow - eek.
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 10:01 PM  
Link to this Post

Love the Buzz photo's, hope you managed to get out early tomorrow.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 05:26 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great photos

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 07:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

You all did really well today... what a long, but enjoyable day you had There's nowhere like MK

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jul 13, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by WileyCoyote View Post
Great day, some fab pics but I am loving the ones from Buzz - they are priceless. I agree, the whineing can get you down after a while - its like "loosen up , its a holiday, who cares!". Lovely day - but a long one - will you all be up in time tomorrow - eek.
Originally Posted by izzywoo View Post
Love the Buzz photo's, hope you managed to get out early tomorrow.
Thanks guys! Matthew can be quite funny when it comes to ride photos and he came up with some real crackers this time
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 13, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
charandcubby
slightly serious Dibber

Its hard to keep everyone happy all the time isn't it, the last group trip we did me and my husband thought we can't do this again, there are good times, but waiting for people to be ready in the mornings just isn't our bag, were too impatient lol, did get frustrating at times! Love the monsters inc show, enjoying your trippie so far
June/July 2011 TLV, Nov/Dec 2011 LBV
May/June 2001 RPM, Sept 2005 BWL
charandcubby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 13, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

A lovely MK day. Hope the whiners don't ruin things too much for you in the days to come.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List