Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Jul 13, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

The “We Can’t Miss Dunkin Donuts Out This Time” Trip! June 2013 - Day 14 Magic Kingdom/The Last Day

Day 14 - Magic Kingdom
Well here we are guys, our last day Bit of a long one so I apologise in advance. Our day started about 6:30! I had a last few bits to put in my case and the last few toiletries I needed to use were then ready for the bin. I didn't bring any out with me to save on weight, we just bought them all in Walmart and it wouldn't have been worth taking them home.

Only a few had breakfast, Me, Vicky, Matthew and Dad didn't bother and decided we'd head into the Main Street Bakery for breakfast. We left at 7:50, and Dad was straight into Wine Dixie when it opened at 8am and he purchased a little purple case for $30, a lot cheaper then £40 for overweight luggage. We arrived at Downtown Disney about 8:20/8:30? I think! There was no-one else checking in and hardly any cases in the lorries. I was surprised. We paid our $10 each and off I went to the desk to complain about being moved on the plane. I wasn't horrible, I just said we'd been moved and I wasn't very happy, was there a reason. To be fair they did have a valid reason, there weren't enough people on the plane so they had to move everyone downstairs. However, the lady on check in was a right miserable drip, she wasn't helpful at all. One of the passports wasn't working or something so she started to look at me and ask why. Ermmm how am I supposed to know, you're the one who works for virgin! She seemed to disappear and not come back for some time, all the time Dad & Co, paid, weighed their cases, checked in and were ready to go back to the car. She finally came back with our boarding cards, kinda threw them at me then came round to put the labels on our cases. I wasn't impressed at all. Not good service Virgin. I turned to my Dad and said “we’re flying Thomson next time, they were much better” To which my Mum told me to keep my voice down

Anyway by 8:45 we were on our way to MK. We parked in Simba 18, which is pretty familiar to us now as this is where we've parked all three MK days. The trams this morning were stupid, it was one massive free for all, with everyone pushing and shoving. We didn't bother trying the first tram as some couple cut right in front of us. Then because there was 6 of us, we'd wanted to try and get in the double one at the front, now as soon as the lady next to me heard me say this, she turned to her kid and said "you can run fast, we'll get it" OH MY DAYS! I've never heard anything so childish in all my life. True to her word, she shoved me out the way and her kid ran and jumped in the front, I was very tempted to shout something extremely rude, but I refrained and got on the tram that pulled up behind. Guess what, the trams got to the ticket and transportation centre at the same time, so did it get her there any quicker? No! Daft woman. I muttered under my breathe that I hoped she was waiting ages for the monorail haha! We ferried it over today, as we'd not done this yet. It was really nice heading towards MK and seeing the castle appear on our last day. I almost felt like I was tearing up again.

We sent Matthew off for Fastpasses for splash mountain. Me, Hollie & Vicky queued for Pluto. Now I thought Americans knew how to queue, I'm well aware the French don't, but there was a very persistent mother trying to get in front of me. Not going to happen darling

We strolled down Main Street after this towards the Bakery. I got a Valencia orange drink and a chocolate brownie. I’m sorry I can't remember what everyone else had! We went and got ourselves a table near the ice cream shop and we just sat and ate breakfast slowly and watched the crowds go by. Our fastpasses were 10:50 and by the time we'd all finished and washed our hands, it was time to head over to splash. Only four of us rode this, some didn't want to get wet with it being the last day, and us only have the clothes we were in. So me, Matthew, dad and Vicky headed off. We had the front two rows, me and Vicky originally in the front but dad said "oh I think there’s more leg room in the front, can we switch" He regretted this once we went down the first drop! Matthew is always pulling funny faces on rides like this, so the rest of us decided we'd do this too today since it was the last day! As soon as I knew we were past the camera, my hands went straight down again to hold on haha!

We grabbed some fastpasses for BTM for 12:35, we don't like going backwards and forwards but today with it being the last day, it was going to be a bit like that, because we were only doing rides we wanted to and not focusing on one land. We'd managed to get Fastpasses for the Little Mermaid after BTM, and we didn't have long to wait. Whilst we were walking over we spotted this guy and as soon as he saw my camera, he started posing.

It took me ages to remember what we did after this, but then I finally remembered we headed over to Pete’s Silly Sideshow to see Minnie Mouse. I wish we’d been in here earlier in the holiday, the cakes were amazing. I really wanted a Dumbo one.

The queue said 20 minutes, in actual fact it was about 35 and we were starting to worry about our BTM fastpasses as they finished at 1:35. The cast member there was asking where we were from and when I said Liverpool, he asked what it was like and I just said "oh it's okay, just Liverpool" he was like "It’s the home of the Beatles" just like everyone else says! haha. It's really funny how everyone says the Beatles. I’m actually from the Wirral, which no-one ever knows, so I just say Liverpool haha. I know there's a few fellow dibbers from the Wirral, so hiii, you all know where we are

Once we’d all ridden BTM, we were starting to get hungry, plus it was getting on for 2pm, and we only had a couple of hours left  I’d said I wanted the nachos from Casey’s corner, Hollie had them earlier on in the holiday and they were lovely! Hollie wanted to try a chilli dog too, so we headed up to Casey’s corner, once we’d got our food, we went over by the ice cream shop and sat on the tables by the water, it was lovely to just sit for a bit and watch everyone go by.

I’d wanted to watch the parade again and it was getting on for 3pm, however by that point everyone was far too hot & tired to move, so I wandered off on my own. Dad followed me up, I parked my bum on the pavement and Dad was stood behind me and I enjoyed the parade more than I enjoyed any others this holiday. I think because it was the last thing I was watching and I was smiling ear to ear like a kid at Christmas. I even managed to video the whole parade on my phone, whilst high-fiving all the characters too as they walked past me.

Once this had finished, I’d suggested we all just have one last browse through the shops, and then grab a drink from Starbucks. A few of the others went to Starbucks and grabbed drinks, whilst I was browsing in the shop. I took my time browsing, I didn’t buy anything, I think I was pro-longing leaving! I went and grabbed another one of the Valencia orange drinks from Starbucks, they really are lovely and I hope I can get them back at home. We took a last few snaps and we headed for the monorail. Once again I’d had a truly amazing holiday and I was sad to be leaving, but we promised ourselves as soon as we can afford it again and Dad is working we’ll be back. In fact throughout the holiday we were already planning for next time, saying we need to do this, that and the other. So once the bank lets us return, we’ll be off to the Mouse again.

The drive to the airport was fairly quick, no traffic or anything. We all sat fairly quiet in the car actually, not saying a lot. I think everyone was a bit sad at how fast the last two weeks went. We arrived at MCO, drove the car up to Alamo. We’d already checked in at DD, so all we needed to do was hand the keys back and go to security. We’d remembered from last time that after security there is only duty free, so we knew we had an hour or so to browse the shops beforehand. Dad bought himself a new t-shirt in the Nasa shop. We’d all been in the same clothes, most of us brought a change of clothes, unfortunately my dad managed to pack his and only realized once the cases had gone, so new socks and t-shirt, he was happy. The rest of us had changed and we headed for the universal shop, where I bought a postcard. I only had $13.60 or something left so I wanted to just use it. I browsed round the SeaWorld shop and I was so tempted to buy the one ocean DVD, but Dad wasn’t sure so we left it. I should have just bought it! Next up was the Disney store, I spotted some cute Dumbo earrings for me and a little mini Eeyore which I wanted to get for Mum. Dad had given me the extra 2 dollars. Now it came to something like $15.95 so dad pulled out this big bag of change to get the $0.95 or whatever it was, when the woman behind the counter asked did we want to get rid of it, so Dad said yeah. Well this money was all over the counter and guess what there was $17! So we paid with all the change and I nipped back to get the pens I’d wanted all holiday with the $13 I had left. We walked out very happy.

By now it was near 6:30pm and boarding was in an hour. Dad wanted to nip into duty free to look for something, so we headed for security. We were through within about 10 minutes, I couldn’t believe how quick it was and NONE of us set the alarms off, even my Mum who usually does because of her knee replacement. We boarded the monorail within 5 minutes and were on our way. Now this is where I really got emotional, I’m like that at home, I always have been, and little things upset me. Well we headed into Duty Free, next minute I turned round and everyone had gone! The two girls, Mum, Dad & Matthew. Well I started walking round the shops looking for them and I couldn’t find anyone, well I just burst into tears in the middle of the airport, then I found my Dad coming out of the toilets. I’ve not cried the whole holiday (apart from the shows) which must be a record for me, so I think the tiredness, going home and everyone suddenly disappeared off just set me off. Anyway back into duty free and Dad said he’d buy me the perfume I’d wanted for my birthday. (It’s not till October but we googled the price and it worked out about £7 cheaper to buy it in duty free) I got Marc Jacobs, Daisy. Bit gutted I have to wait till October to use it, but it’s a lovely perfume.

We strolled down to the gate, grabbing a couple of drinks on the way. I always like to have a bottle of water on the plane as I get awful headaches sometimes. They soon called for any passengers in Premium Economy, then rows 55 and up, then 50 and up, well by then there was only about 5 of us left stood waiting. Anything before about row 44 was empty. This will come in handy later. We took our seats, put away all our hand luggage as did everyone else. We seemed to be sitting and sitting. It was about 8:05pm and we were due to take off at 8:25pm minutes. The pilot then announced we were waiting for 13 passengers; okay fair enough we still have like 20 minutes before take off. Then about 8:15, he announced we were still waiting for 6 passengers, to which the cabin crew behind me said to another “I’d go without them” Yes I totally agree, the majority of us knew what time we needed to be here. By 8:25 the pilot announced that they were opening the door ready to take their luggage off. Finally! I’m pretty sure this should have been done ten minutes ago but hey ho. By some miracle, the passengers suddenly appeared. The six of them, all walked right down economy, past everyone who had been waiting for half an hour, smirking! Yes I couldn’t believe it. If I was that late, I would not be smirking. The lady in front of me started laughing and made some comment about them doing the “walk of shame” I had to laugh. Luckily it didn’t affect us too much and we actually arrived in Manchester 20 minutes early.

The flight was okay from what I remember of it, I watched the two episodes of Nashville they had on there, I’ll find the rest online. They brought food around about 9:15pm, to be honest I wasn’t fussed on anything on the menu but picked the butter chicken, it was slightly too spicy for me, but I ate a little bit of it and the salad. I popped down in Premium to see Mum and Dad (I wish I hadn’t! ) When I went back I noticed from about row 27 to row 44ish was empty, so asked the cabin crew could I move further down the plane and he said yeah, so I took my blanket & pillow and went and lay across three seats, I slept right up until they were getting ready to bring breakfast! It was great.
When I woke up, a lot of others had moved too and we were all dotted around laying across rows. I didn’t eat breakfast, I was still thinking it was about 3am, plus it looked pretty horrible. A cup of tea was fine for me  The three of us moved down to about row 30, before landing, with it being empty we could get off first and we’d be with Mum and Dad. We moved and then before I knew it we were ready to land. We had a short wait because we’d landed 20 minutes early they had nowhere for us. How does that work? We landed an hour early in America and were directed straight to a gate. Good ol’ Britain hey! No queue at customs, we were through within 5 minutes. The cases took a while to start coming out but once they did, we had all 7 within a few minutes.

We rang meet and greet and they met us outside departures with the car. Our holiday was finally over

So there's my trip report! I hope everyone enjoyed reading it. I had a truly amazing holiday as always and I can't wait to go back. I hope I haven't waffled on too much or bored anyone and I hope i've made everyone laugh with some of the stupid/silly things we said and did.
Until next time...

Edited at 06:57 PM.
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 05:49 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Just read this from to start to finish. What a fantastic holiday! Thank you for sharing
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 06:39 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by kaytola View Post
Just read this from to start to finish. What a fantastic holiday! Thank you for sharing

Thanks I've really enjoyed writing it
EmmaBolan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
A cracking trippy Emma I really enjoyed it, thanks for posting

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 06:58 PM  
Link to this Post
First Timer 12
Dibbing with Tink

Hey, thanks so much for sharing your trip report with us. I have loved reading it. Nothing as bad as late passengers for a flight. If it was me I'd be mortified getting on late knowing I'd held up the plane! Grr!
Old 3 Jul 13, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
EmmaBolan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by boltyboy View Post
A cracking trippy Emma I really enjoyed it, thanks for posting
Originally Posted by First Timer 12 View Post
Hey, thanks so much for sharing your trip report with us. I have loved reading it. Nothing as bad as late passengers for a flight. If it was me I'd be mortified getting on late knowing I'd held up the plane! Grr!
Really glad you both enjoyed it, thank you for reading. I was a bit nervous about writing it at first as I've never done one before. So glad you both enjoyed reading.

hahah i know me too, I wouldn't have the guts to get on the plane I don't think
Old 3 Jul 13, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
WileyCoyote
I am not a shopaholic

Last days are so sad but you did have a great day in MK - pleased you did the things you wanted to and sounds like a good flight home ( once you got going , tsk, tsk at the tardy passengers)
Really enjoyed your trippy - thanks for sharing x
WileyCoyote is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 13, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Really enjoyed all your trippie Emma, glad you had such a wonderful time hope you get back soon
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
OllieT
Imagineer

OllieT's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Great trippie, thanks for posting
Old 3 Jul 13, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
MissFortune
Imagineer

Thanks for posting and also for banging each day so quickly.

I hate waiting days or weeks between posts lol. Hope to see your next one whenever it may be ;-)

MissFortune is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List