Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Oct 13, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Snow White Gsy gets her prince - Day 5 - Make up trial and MK

Index of previous days can be found here Index

Today I woke up, showered and actually dried my hair as I had my hair and makeup trial with Beaute Speciale. Matt left about half 10 to go and meet my parents who had just got off the bus at POFQ as the bus they got on didn’t go to both. They were all going to look round POR and take photos while I had my trial.

My trial was booked for 11am but the makeup artist arrived 15 minutes early as she wanted to get started on my make up before the hair lady came. I have completely forgotten the name of the hair dresser and I haven’t written it down (I think it was Jenny?!?!) but my makeup artist was Lauren, all I can say is that they were sooooo lovely! I am quite shy with meeting new people and was really nervous about having my makeup done but they were so friendly we were chatting like old friends. When people learn you are from Guernsey it is usually a good conversation topic as people have lots of questions about somewhere they have never heard of before. By the end of the holiday you do end up saying you are from England and when they say which part are you from – London? You end up just saying yes for ease as that’s the only place they know and think everyone is from there hehe. But technically I’m British not English.

Lauren was surprised and excited that I wanted smoky eyes for my make up as she likes doing bolder make up. She told me a lot of the people she tends to meet do not wear much make up normally and so want a natural look for their wedding to look like themselves or just want to look natural with their wedding dress. I on the other hand wear makeup regularly and go bold when I go out so smoky eyes are me. I wanted to look like me on the day and not like someone Matt will never see again!

I text my mum when my trial was nearly over so I could get her opinion. She was pleased that I had gone for bolder. I have to admit they made me look way more grown up then I do when I do my own!

Here are some photos of my hair and makeup. In the makeup photos I have taken the grips out of my hair and taken my glasses off so you can see my eye makeup. The dark eye shadow didn’t go up as far on my eyes on the day which actually looked better. This room at POR was a lot darker than the Buena Vista room on my wedding day so my makeup will look different in my wedding photos. We practiced with my veil but I don’t have any photos of that. For those of you that haven’t read my wedding report or seen other photos of me close up, I have grey hair – unusual I know! I started going grey at 14 so for me it’s normal now. I don’t need to justify myself but I always feel I should tell people before they see photos of me.

I took my makeup off and put my hair in a ponytail so matt wouldn’t see. He obviously saw that I had curls in my pony tail but I think he had guessed I would have curls anyway. Lauren used normal mascara on my eyes whereas I normally wear waterproof. I forgot how awful it is to take off and how it goes all over your face! Especially with a lot of eyeliner on too! It actually irritated my eyes so I decided I would ask her if she wouldn’t mind using my mascara on the day. It did feel like a waste of money taking my makeup off when I had just had it done but I didn’t want to risk matt seeing the look I was going for.

Here are some photos from my parents and Matts wanderings. Matt bought me a Minnie nightie

my parents are on the left of the pic

To be continued…….. in posts 10/11 below

Edited at 08:08 AM.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

You look lovely. Really like your hair.
Old 2 Oct 13, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

Your makeup and hair was beautiful, look forward to reading more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 11:28 PM  
Link to this Post
oh_darling
VIP Dibber

Aww you look beautiful Your hair looks so pretty all curled like that! You def don't need to justify yourself, I've been thinking all through your report "ooh how did she get those fab silver highlights! " loooove that Minnie nightdress too, one for the list! xxx
oh_darling is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 13, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
pumpkin
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I second Libby from above, loved the silver high lights. Very excited for the wedding pics now x
Old 3 Oct 13, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Jedi Princess View Post
You look lovely. Really like your hair.
Thank you

Originally Posted by Peppagail View Post
Your makeup and hair was beautiful, look forward to reading more
Thank you hopefully finish this post tonight. Trying to sort my photos out.

Originally Posted by oh_darling View Post
Aww you look beautiful Your hair looks so pretty all curled like that! You def don't need to justify yourself, I've been thinking all through your report "ooh how did she get those fab silver highlights! " loooove that Minnie nightdress too, one for the list! xxx
Thank you They are def not highlights I paid for hehe, but I am lucky that they do look like highlights. My mum got an Eeyore nightdress. Hers was a scratch and sniff one hehe. Your countdown is getting smaller!

Originally Posted by pumpkin View Post
I second Libby from above, loved the silver high lights. Very excited for the wedding pics now x
Thank you Slowly getting there with the days. Its the photos that are holding me up, too many to choose from. My wedding report will be huge with photos!
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 07:46 AM  
Link to this Post
happy bunny
Imagineer

happy bunny's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 11
Can't wait to see you on your wedding day in all you glory, you are going to be a beautiful bride
Old 3 Oct 13, 08:20 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You looked lovely your hair was smashing
Old 3 Oct 13, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Aw the pics are gorgeous!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 13, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Day 5 continued...

My hair and makeup didn’t take as long as I thought so mum text matt and he and dad came back to our room while we decided what to do for lunch. We ended up staying at POR and going to the Riverside Mill Food Court. I had read in Hayley&Gareth’s food report on here that they have a pasta station so I made a beeline for this. There was so much, def worth the money. There is a lot of choice at the food court and it was quite busy there.

After lunch it was time for the real magic to begin! With my Wedding Ears on and our wedding tops, it was time for us all to get a bus and head to Magic Kingdom! 

While on the bus it started pouring and I mean pouring! We waited under the bus shelters for a bit but it wasn’t easing so we ended up just making a run for it. Running in flip flops is not a good idea! At first it was fine, but my feet ended up soaked and slid out my flip flops. On a couple of occasions I had to run back to collect a flip flop that was left behind hehe. I ended up taking them off and running bare foot. We caught our first glimpses of the Wedding Pavillion and it all started to feel real and remind us of why we were there.

My parents went straight in and bought ponchos while matt and I had to queue to get our annual passes. We had to show our ID and hand in our vouchers from Disney Fairy tale Weddings.

Once we were in Matt went off to get ponchos and found my parents while I went to get us ‘happily ever after’ badges from guest relations. While I was waiting for Matt I saw Marie so I headed over for a photo.

I am glad we still decided to head into the park as a lot of people left which meant an emptier park. The rain also didn’t last too long once we were in. Ponchos soon came off as it was so hot under them.

Matt and I found a photo pass person in front of the castle and got our first photos. We purchased the photo pass CD before we left as with the two of us being alone after the wedding we thought it would be a nice way to capture memories and photos where I haven’t cut half our faces off!

We headed straight for Thunder Mountain as this is everyone’s fav ride in the park. I love the new queuing area. Lots to read, look at and play with – kept Matt entertained at least :P People pointed at us while we were in the queue and were talking as they could read our tops and see my ears and our badges. I don’t normally like lots of attention but it felt different in Disney and it ended up making our honeymoon all the more special.

I can’t remember the order we did everything in and everything we did but we def went into the xmas shop in Liberty Square. My mum loves xmas! I think we wandered into Fantasyland from there and went on Small world. Is it just me or has this ride changed? England was near the start and they didn’t play the English version of the song until the end?!?! I had to hum along for most of it instead of sing, probably to the relief of everyone. It has def had a lick of paint. My dad dislikes the song, it drives him crazy but I drag him on it multiple times every trip! He groans but I’m sure he would admit it wouldn’t be a Disney holiday without it :P The same is true of Carousel of Progress which we also went on today. It started raining again later in the afternoon so we rain on while there was no queue; it had stopped by the time it had finished.

I was a little disappointed with the Rapunzel area. It would have been a great place for a meet and greet but instead it’s where the toilets are. In my opinion it could have been utilised better.

to be continued...