Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Oct 13, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Snow White Gsy gets her Prince - Day 6 - IoA, Universal, Epcot and a storm

Index of previous days can be found here Index

Today we got up early as we were leaving POR to spend the remainder of our stay at Buena Vista Palace and Spa. It was quite a trek logging all our bags and trying to balance them on top of each other on the way to check out. Once we had checked out we hoped into a taxi. Our room was ready for us when we got to the Buena Vista as luckily my mum had mentioned it when they had checked in, as we had paid to upgrade but they didn’t actually have us down as staying in the tower as we had requested. We had a downtown Disney view and my parents were meant to have the same but they ended up with an even better view of some of the parks and hotels so they could see fireworks at night! They had two beds in their room but they let us have the one with one huge bed.

While we were checking in, my dress and veil were getting steamed in my parent’s room where my dress had been hanging up since we got to Florida. The people were really nice and the man who came with the lady couldn’t believe I was old enough to get married. I had Carolyn Allen’s steaming. The guys didn’t end up getting their suits done in the end as they travelled well.

My dad gave us a box that had been delivered to the hotel for us. My parent’s friends have a house in Florida and they were currently over. They had got us a wedding present which was lovely. They got us an xmas tree decoration and had it engraved with 2013.

Once the steaming was complete we all headed to IoA. More roller coasters for me and dad Today was the last day until after the wedding that we would have some time alone with my parents. We would be meeting Karen and Dan later this afternoon for drinking around the world at Epcot. Matt's parents were at Kennedy Space centre today.

We headed straight for hulk. The queues were much longer than two years ago. No walking on seven times in a row I think Hulk is my favourite roller coaster as I love how you shoot out at the start and curve down straight away.

I got these shorts in Crawley, on our first travel day and I'm so glad I did as I wore them loads!

Next we headed into the harry potter area to ride Dragon Challenge. Matt wanted to buy the disgusting jelly bean for his work that he had seen two years ago. They include puke, rotten egg, bogey and many other revolting flavours. Since returning Matt and his work colleague have informed me that they truly are disgusting! We wandered round for a bit through the rest of IoA before stopping off for lunch. Today was a very hot day!

We stopped at the comic strip café for lunch. I had fish and chips and the food was so salty! Almost as bad as the food at our Gatwick hotel. We did not enjoy our food here!

After lunch we headed back round to Hulk. The park was quite busy so we didn’t see a lot. We went on the rides that we wanted to. By Hulk there is a spinning tea cup ride (well not really tea cups, more like spinning bowls as they are a lot bigger). Matt didn’t fancy it so Mum, Dad and I went on it. I think we ended up going on it three times! They go a lot faster than the tea cups! We slid around so much in the cup. Mums trousers were making her slide so we were laughing so much! I thought we were going to burst the water bottle between us at one stage.

To be continued...

Edited at 08:09 AM.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 13, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

We decided to make the most of my parent’s tickets and hop across to Universal before meeting up with Karen and Dan.

It was so hot on the walk over. I was trying to find as much shade as possible.

We headed straight for the Despicable me ride. Universal was a lot quieter than IoA. I loved this ride. I loved the attention to detail everywhere.

You could dance with a minion after the ride 

After this, Matt and my mum went to find the Fast and Furious six cars while Dad and I went on Rip Ride Rockit. We chose ‘I will survive’. I think we went on this twice. Matt and Dad had dippin dots before we left. Those two are obsessed!

We wandered around the shops before heading back to the hotel to change for our evening at Epcot. Karen and Dan were already at Epcot by now.

We got this top for Matt’s Dad who is called Dave. My dad got the one eyed yellow minion T shirt and wore it when we went to go and see Despicable Me 2 at the cinema. The little kids were pointing at him hehe

Awww

To be continued….
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 13, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

We went back to our hotel and changed into our Hen/Stag party tops and waited for the bus to Epcot.

While we were on the bus it started pouring! It was thunder and lightning when the bus stopped. Epcot bus stops for non-Disney hotels are in the open so we made a run for it to the nearest bus shelter area. We put our ponchos on and tried to stay dry. It was pretty scary. I have never seen a storm like it. Mum really didn’t like it.

The path to Epcot in the distance of these photos filled up so much with water it was above our ankles!

Karen and Dan were seeking shelter in a shop as they didn’t realise ponchos could be bought there. They were right at the front of the test track ride about to get on when it was cancelled. They were gutted. They whatsapp'd me these pictures while we were waiting hehe

We eventually made it into Epcot but the rain didn’t show any sign of stopping. We stayed by Space ship earth and the shops and called Dan to tell him that we were going to abandon drinks around the world and head back to our hotel. My parents made their way back to the buses while Matt and I waited for K and D. Not long after, we saw two tall poncho clad people running and screaming towards us hehe. K was soooooooo brown! I couldn’t believe it! It was so good to see them It didn’t feel like a holiday with my parents anymore but a trip with a purpose – a wedding!

My parents had found a large mini bus taxi so we all piled in. The taxi driver made us take our ponchos off before we were allowed in.

The six of us headed back to the hotel to the dry and we all hung our ponchos in the bath to drip dry. K and D had their wedding party tops in their bag so they changed into them when they got to the hotel and used our hair dryer. They were grateful for a change of clothes.

Once dry we headed for the cocktail bar! Matt text his parents and they had got back earlier than we thought from Kennedy – where there was no rain, so they came and joined us.

The cocktails were pretty strong but very yummy. We all caught up on what we had been up to that day and how Karen and Dan’s holiday in the Keys had gone. We decided to have tea in our hotel at the Kooks bar again. Matt and I got given a slice of choc cake to celebrate our wedding. We all had a bit.

Everyone looks happy here - I'm hoping it's not just the alcohol!

I think the change of plans tonight actually worked in our favour. Matt’s parents had a chance to integrate with us and feel more included before we introduced them to MK the next day. I think it was especially good for Matt’s mum who was so worried about this trip and being with my parents helped to calm her nerves a bit. A stiff drink also helped hehe. It also gave me a chance to gauge her mood before MK and allowed me to relax as I was dreading MK with everyone. It’s hard pleasing a group of people who all want and like different things and it is especially hard to cope with someone who was so anti America and Disney in the two years leading up to the wedding that it really upset the whole build up for the wedding.

Tomorrow we will find out what they thought……

My favourite thing from today was the despicable me ride and having cocktails with everyone in the bar. I was sad we didn’t get to do drinks around the world at Epcot but I think we ended up having a more chilled evening which I think we all needed.

Edited at 11:46 PM.
Old 5 Oct 13, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
madhatter3
Imagineer

madhatter3's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 7
A great day apart from that storm. Looks like you had fun in universal.

madhatter3 hat trick pre tripee april 16http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=11091819#post11091819
madhatter3 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Loved reading this day. Shame about the rain.

We got married in Orlando in 2007. We really struggled with in laws and it really put a black cloud over the trip. I hope yours wasn't the same.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 09:20 AM  
Link to this Post
parkgirl
VIP Dibber

parkgirl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Love the t shirts!
CSR October 2011, POFQ May 2012, POP July 2012, SSR April 2013, OKW Oct 2014, OKW July 2016, All Stars Music April 2017, OKW/BLT July 2018, All Stars Sports Oct 2019, Riviera May 2022, GFR/AKL Oct 2022, Disney 5K Riviera/copper creek 2024, SSR Aug 2024
parkgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Bobsledwheels
Imagineer

Bobsledwheels's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Another fab day. I hope the in laws love MK! Xx

USA: Jan 07 10n off-site // Jan 12 5n NYC, 11n I-Drive //
Oct 14 3 wks - Honeymoon! YC // Oct 16 Orlando 14n OKW // May 17 2n Cali adv & DL // Dec 18 10n AKL

PARIS: Sept 12 3n at SL // Nov 13 4n SL // Nov 15 4n SL (cut short) // Nov 16 4n NPB
TOKYO // HONG KONG: April 16 4 Days TKDL & TKDS // May 16 1 Day HKDL
CRUISES: Oct 14 4n Bahamian // June 15 7n Norwegian inaugural // Sept 15 11n WBTA // May 17 5n West coast // May 17 7n Alaskan // Dec 18 4n Bahamian
Bobsledwheels is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good day shame the rain spoilt your plans, but you all had a good evening

Joan
Old 6 Oct 13, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

A glad you are able to get on with your report, looking forward to seeing how it progresses with the inlaws.
Sounds like it was a nice relaxing evening in the end. Xxx
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Oct 13, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
such a shame about the storm, still you looked like you all had a fab time anyway!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List