walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve - the bit before you get there!

Bel13ve, In the magic!

OR ...and Bruce came too

For the three people who read the pre- trippy, I thank you
For those who thought today would never come - I'm with you too, I never thought it would either

Our first trip report-

Intro available reveal

and a bit of background

and if you have read both of these( and watched the film bit) you are ready for what is to follow...

Today was the day that everybody hurts:angry:

Cheap flights to the States invariably means London for us - although too many miles away.
The drive to London is often a good one from Sunny Scarborough, its the drive home which invariably results in everyone sleeping- except me( which is good as I am driving)

Solution FOUND

We headed for the train - not our first choice but having recently travelled to see Bruce Springsteen at Wembley it was a quicker option, and since we were going to be away for so long, it was going to save on the extra parking charges that hotels want to charge when you don't do the standard 15/ 22 day stays.

The train cost us £65 - yes for all of us! which would just about covered the diesel cost of getting there and took us to London with a change at York.
Will let you know how I feel about the train once I get home , as this bit is the easy part , the coming home bit should make the difference!

Hey ho! Let's GO!

Great trip down, yes, going underground can become a stressful moment or two but we avoided peak times and experienced a delay due to an incident on the track Trying to explain to two boys the whole person under a train thing, as explained by train driver, was in their eyes an alien thing, yet in ours such a sad reminder of how fragile humans hold their lives) an impactful moment on reminding just how fortunate we are in being able to embark on a trip of a lifetime
(again!)

Off the underground onto the Hotel Hoppa bus- to the Crowne Plaza.

We had a swim, pool was rather chilly, we had a beer, we had a trip advisor moment

Having stayed at the Crown Plaza on a previous trip we were willing to partake in that ritual where you pay far too much money for a decent meal that you would have a fraction of the amount for if you were staying at home

To Cut a long story short - trip advisor reports and a quick dibb search, suggested using the local Premier Inn for food.

It was great advice - we walked there(10mins) we were early though,around 6, lots of people waited a long time if they had not booked for later in the evening(we hadn't! and recognised just how fortunate our timing was)

Good food and at a fraction of the cost of the Crowne Plaza.

A warm London evening, listening to aircraft taking off and landing as we walked, served to stoke the excitement.

Thing is how do you sleep...?

next day here

Thanks for reading
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 257.jpg
Views:	4915
Size:	139.5 KB
ID:	51561   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 263.jpg
Views:	4913
Size:	158.4 KB
ID:	51562  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 07:06 PM. Reason: link added
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 13, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Excited for you guys...have a great time .x
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 13, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Good start
Old 14 Oct 13, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
ayles300
Imagineer

Good start... Shame about the incident regarding the train. We have stayed at the Premier Inn and always had a good meal.
* Int Drive Nov 91* Paris Aug 92* Disney Paris Santa Fe Jan 08* Clear Creek Circle May 09* Cumbrian Lakes May 11* Veranda Palms Sept 12* Indian Point & Daytona 500 Feb 13* Indian Point May 14 3 weeks!* IndianRidge Oaks April 15* Lake Berkley 40th May 16* Bahamas Cruise & Cumbrian Lakes Aug 17* Eagle point & Road trip April 19*
ayles300 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 13, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Blimey I did a double take there, a trippy from John, woohoo, great start, boys look so grown up to last time I saw them, and love the funky ribbon on the cases!
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 04:38 AM  
Link to this Post
tootsie rolls
Imagineer

tootsie rolls's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hope you have a great holiday looking forward to the next part
Linfields April 1999,Westridge April 2002,Indian ridge April 2005,Hampton lakes June 2008,Westridge June 2010,Sunset lakes sept 2012,Rosen inn point Nov 2014,Residence inn may 2016,Hampton lakes may 2018
tootsie rolls is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Dan's Mum
VIP Dibber

Great start

Dee
Xx
Dan's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Oct 13, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Thank you everyone for reading and your comments
First tikme using train from UP north it made the journey much more pleasurable than driving

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Blimey I did a double take there, a trippy from John, woohoo, great start, boys look so grown up to last time I saw them, and love the funky ribbon on the cases!
Me in trip report shocker! taken far too long
As for the boys - Josh is off to secondary school next year where did that time go?

Ribbon is available from a Dibber who advertises on here - looked good but also brought so many comments from others Will ask Alison where we(she!) got it from and add it to future days post

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 13, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post

Great start! Nice stress free journey hope you got a bit of sleep that night
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 13, 03:28 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Loving the report already! Now I missed those TA hints and nearly poisoned myself in the Crowne Plaza! This is why you should have done a report last year. Very intrigued about the final judgement on the train too. Off to read next day ...
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List