Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 18 Oct 13, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Coasts, Canyons and Deserts 2013- Day Four Part Two

Coasts,Canyons and Deserts-Day Four part Two
LA Highways, Anaheim and DISNEY

NB Apologies for such a delay in getting on with the trippie. I have had an awful gastric flu virus which laid me low for two weeks and I am only just back on full steam. I have also been busy with friends in the last week booking the second trip next year, our 25th wedding anniversary vow renewal in October. I won't spoil the pre trip report but the trip is booked; sorry we couldn't wait for those glitch flights with 15 of us and very specific dates for the half term but I have to recommend Charter travel and Complete Orlando for ease of booking and service-a good option if price is not so much of an issue or you cannot layout in full for flights now.

So back to part two of day four!

OMG, what next, the rush hour we had hit with a vengeance; half an hour can make so much difference. It took us an hour and a half to get to Anaheim on the five lane freeways and road works.

At least we "saw" some sights

Then , when we arrived at the Sheraton Park we were told we had a lovely room on the 6th floor overlooking Disney. Not only that we had the gift card- $125, depends on the number of nights you are staying apparently.

However there was terrible humming noise in the corridor and a peek outside the emergency exit showed the air con pipes running down the building. We were two doors down and on the other side of the corridor so what the room next door would be I am not sure. However we rang and I said could we move and they said not till tomorrow or no Disney view. I said we would stay the night and see as I so wanted to unpack for the five days. I shouldn’t have worried, it was fine and the room and beds are as nice as they look!

BUT we were in Anaheim and what was over the road? DISNEY. So we quickly had a restroom break and decided to pop to the DCA park for a recon for the am. We used reverse psychology here for the next day, DL early entry so go to DCA. We had a quick snack meal in Molly’s of tenders, salad, spaghetti and soup and headed out.

It was wonderful seeing DCA for the first time and especially Carsland in the twilight. As we entered we felt it was like HS. We were tired but we couldn’t resist seeing all the Cars area and looking at the queue for RSR, 35 minutes single rider and 90 minutes standby. DS just looked at me and I smiled and DH groaned; DS reminded him that the Dibb says you have to ride it in the day and at night and “it is night Dad and you owe us for the car park scare?!” So, with maybe a bit of a guilt trip, he agreed to wait. The theming was wonderful and we got on in exactly 35 minutes. We all loved it and it is great at night, I ended up with DH in my car and next to me, well you can’t win them all...

We were all a bit droopy after that and had at least got orientated for the next morning and an early start. Can you tell from the obligatory "the first time we ever rode this ride queue" picture?

We loved the short walk back and lack of driving.

However, so started the Candy Cane Inn digs; I had been looking at all the places in Anaheim and had narrowed it to the above or Sheraton Park with Virgin. In the end it was cheaper to stay at the Sheraton and I think it was a good choice. But this little place was lovely too, fairy lights and flowers everywhere and a free breakfast. So as we walked past (it is a few doors nearer the park) I stupidly mentioned we might have stayed there and the breakfast. That was it they were off, “oh it’s nearer,” “we could have had free breakfast,” “not very well planned there, Mum” and so on. Well, you guessed it, every time we walked past in the next five days (quite a few times) the ribbing started; oh well, it kept them amused.

I apologise for the lack of pictures of Carsland at night but there are more later on, we were a bit pooped and they didn't come out very well.

So we dropped into those lovely beds and they were lovely and firm so DH and I shared a bed so we could be free from the flying whale, DS. He is so nicknamed as he doesn’t turn at night, he flops over in one move taking all the covers and waking everyone up in the vicinity.

Big day tomorrow, WOC, special lunch and DCA!

zzz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03806.jpg
Views:	1485
Size:	88.3 KB
ID:	51721   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03807.jpg
Views:	1506
Size:	95.9 KB
ID:	51722   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03811.jpg
Views:	1486
Size:	72.3 KB
ID:	51723   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03812.jpg
Views:	1494
Size:	62.4 KB
ID:	51724   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03790.jpg
Views:	1485
Size:	126.8 KB
ID:	51725  

Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC03813.jpg
Views:	1507
Size:	71.6 KB
ID:	51726   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0361.jpg
Views:	1493
Size:	83.9 KB
ID:	51727   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0367.jpg
Views:	1500
Size:	94.0 KB
ID:	51728  

Edited at 10:05 AM.
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post

For some reason I can't see your pics but it's probably my phone! I must remember to ask for a disney view Glad it's in walking distance! Thanks for sharing!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 02:08 AM  
Link to this Post
dvc
Imagineer

dvc's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You aren't alone, I can't see the pictures on my iPad either, shame...
dvc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Its obviously an 'I' thing as I can't see them on the I pad either. Loved the report though! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
mariechez
Imagineer

mariechez's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 10
Its not an I thing, l cant see them either. Loved Carsland though .

ORLANDO 03,04,05x2,07,O8,09,10x2,11x2,12x2,13,14,15,16
LV x2,SAN FRAN & LA,CRUISING THE CARIBBEAN,BALTICS ,FJORDS,BAHAMAS,ITALY,
BARCELONA,FRANCE, PORTUGAL,BOSTON, NEW ENGLAND,BELGUIM,GUERNSEY. NEW YORKx3 & MIAMI
mariechez is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Sorry to hear you've been ill, but hope you are feeling heaps better now. I can't see the piccies either!

Re the Candy Cane, I looked at it too for both our trips and thought, nah with a name like that it won't be good but like you, think we may do it if we go back You were braver than us, we just couldn't face queing at all for RSR, but we did it last time so at least we've done it once!
Old 19 Oct 13, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Pictures reloaded guys, hope you can all see them now?
Thank you for reading.
Sandie xx
Twentyyears is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 13, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Yep pics working now
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 13, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
great day, I also almost stayed at the candy cane one and every time I walked past muttered to myself that it was nearer! I never mentioned it to the hubby though, some planning secrets are best kept to yourself ;P

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 13, 11:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twentyyears
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
great day, I also almost stayed at the candy cane one and every time I walked past muttered to myself that it was nearer! I never mentioned it to the hubby though, some planning secrets are best kept to yourself ;P
LOL, yes I should have kept it too myself!
Thanks for reading x