Old 28 Oct 13, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

The July/Aug 2013 American Pye Trip Report Day 7 – Saturday 27th July – Epcot

Trip report index

Day 6 here

Day 7 – Saturday 27thth July – Epcot

So after yesterday’s ‘rest’ day it was time to get up and at ‘em for rope drop at Epcot this morning. I set the alarm for 6:30am for me and Adam (where else but Disney would you go on holiday and happily set your alarm for 6:30?!?)
Jack woke about 7am but we had to drag Anna out of her bed this morning. She was fast asleep but once she was up and about she wasn’t too grumpy with it.

We had another quick breakfast in the villa, that consisted of tea, toast and/or cereal and we were driving through this fabulous arch by 8:35. I’d love to see this every morning!

We were at Epcot by 8:40, parked in Journey 5 and were through the gates buy 8:50! The plan was to head straight over to Soarin’ for FP’s but as we had 10mins to spare we stopped and had a couple of PP pics – this is one of my favourites of the four of us.

Once we got to Soarin’ we grabbed FP’s for 10:10am but the wait time was only at 10mins so on we went.
Soarin’ is one of my favourite rides at Disney. I love it so much; it gives me such a magical feeling and always makes me feel so exhilarated. It was Anna’s first time as she’d been too small in 2011 and we’d really talked it up to her so I was hoping she was going to love it as much as the three of us did. She wasn’t disappointed and really enjoyed it, we all did and it was lovely riding together as a family.
Before we left I read on the Dibb that there were rumours of it being refurbed soon and I think it would be amazing in 3d but hope that they still manage to capture that magical feeling of flying.

While waiting to ride again using the FP’s we decided to go into the Character Stop to have some PP pics taken with Mickey and the gang. The wait was only 5mins and we got these lovely pictures

Pluto didn’t have a PP person with him though so this is the pic from our camera.

It was nearly time to get another FP for later so Adam went over to Test Track to grab some and I took the kids on Nemo as it was a walk on (as usual!) I don’t think that they will ever tire of this ride! By the time Adam got back it was Soarin’ time again and this time we got the front row – winner! And loved it all over again

The kids were desperate to go on Spaceship Earth after enjoying it so much on Thursday afternoon, so we checked the app that said it was 15mins wait so we headed over. But when we got there it was at 30mins, the only time the app failed us all holiday Not a chance were we going to wait 30mins for it (we’d said that we wouldn’t wait any longer that 30mins for a ride but we’d been on it once!)
So with the promise that we would come back later we thought we’d do the Ellen ride while we were in the vicinity. It was a first for all of us as we hadn’t bothered with this ride in 2011 and I have to say it wasn’t brilliant although Jack really liked it – he loves anything educational like that – bless him!

We were all getting a bit peckish at this point so time for a quick lunch in the Electric Umbrella. No queues and we sat straight away.

ADAM and SARAH – Cheeseburger meal to share – 9.39

JACK and ANNA – Kids Cheeseburger with Fries and Grapes each - $11.98

TOTAL – (inc VAT) $25.74

Adam practically inhales his food most of the time and as usual was
finished before us so he went off to get FP’s for Mission Space while the kids and I were still eating.

Then it was time for Test Track. This was a first for us all on the new refurbed version and we all really enjoyed it. Man, it’s fast! The bit before when you design your car is really cool but Adam and I agreed that it could have been explained a lot better. We had to guess a lot about what to do and Adam accidently erased his and Anna’s car just before we got on! Doh! Maybe we were just having a thick moment – we still enjoyed it though and mine and Jack’s car won!

Next – Mission Space. Last time Jack and Adam did the green version so it was a first for me and Anna. We really, really enjoyed this ride. A lot more that I thought I would actually. We made an excellent team and landed successfully on Mars. Neither of us enjoys things that spin so we gave the orange version a miss

Kids being astronauts

The kids had a quick 10mins in the indoor play area by the exit and I lathered us all in suncream before we headed back out – it was another scorcher of a day.

Time for World Showcase. We’d decided to go anti-clockwise, just because we went clockwise last time and Jack wanted to do Malestrom which was…interesting!?!? Good boat ride but I have no idea what it was actually about! We stayed for the film despite every Dibber ever saying to leave straight after the ride! We stayed out of respect for the people of Norway It did however make me feel very happy for the Norwegians if that’s what it’s really like living there – they were all very smiley people! And as we walked through the shop on the way out we spotted these Anna biscuits!

I really wanted to visit the American pavilion so we wandered around having a quick look in the other countries as we went past. We got to America at 2:55pm just before the 3pm show and caught the end of Voices of Liberty – wow, amazing voices! They were singing You’ll Never Walk Alone and it gave me some serious goose bumps. We watched the American Adventure show which is very education and very patriotic – I had a lump in my throat at the end and I’m not even American! Adam wasn’t too impressed though – when I asked that he thought he said “I think we shouldn’t let you decide what to do next” Haha!

We wandered further around the world in the blazing sun and decided to have a sit down on the grass in France. We sat in the shade and all had a chocolate crepe from one of the carts. It was delicious.

Here’s the view we had

A bit further and we hit the UK

And then we were back in Futureworld. We still haven’t done all of the World showcase countries and I have to say that we aren’t that bothered either! It’s great and nice to have a wander round and rest from the rides but we definitely prefer Futureworld to World Showcase in Epcot. It’s just more fun.

A quick PP pic - annoyingly off centre! Couldn't even fix it in post!

As promised we went to go on Spaceship Earth but stopped off and did A Talk with Crush on the way. Even though we had excellent interaction with Crush last time (see Day 5!), Anna was still disappointed that she hadn’t been picked on Thursday as she had a question all ready to ask him. Jack desperately didn’t want to be picked after last time – my shy boy – so he sat on the back row and Anna bagged front and centre
As soon as Crush asked to speak to one of the little dudes her hand shot straight up and she was chosen but he just asked her name and where she was from and then where her parents were as he wanted to speak to them – what are the chances? ! Adam was on the end again (he clearly hadn’t learnt his lesson from last time!) I just had to say my name but he had a whole conversation with Adam again. It was brilliant and really funny but Anna still hadn’t asked her question! He spoke to a few of the other kids and then said one more question – Anna must have looked so desperate with her hand up again that he couldn’t do anything but pick her! She finally got to ask “Where do you sleep?” and Crush nodded off right there in the tank She was thrilled and Adam was mortified again! Haha!

We finally made it to Spaceship Earth, which was a walk on, then decided to call it a day. Between today and the afternoon on Thursday, we’d done everything we’d set out to do at Epcot and were all starving so we stopped at Sweet Tomatoes at Rolling Oaks (pretty much next door to the Olive Garden that we ate at on Day 3!) on the way home for tea. This was another recommendation that I’d got off the Dibb and had a coupon for 50% off an adult meal so it was an absolute bargain! I so wish there was a Sweet Tomatoes here at home. So much food, such great value and pretty healthy too (if you want it to be!) It cost us $38 for the four of us and we ate loads. Obviously we all tucked into the salad to start (I never thought a salad bar could have so much choice!) Then we all pretty much tried everything on offer. The vegetable soup was delicious and I tried corn bread for the first time that was sooooo good. Adam ate lots of chilli with jacket potatoes, the kids had a good go at everything too but seem to like the wedges, pizza and garlic bread the most and the chocolate sponge pudding for dessert
Full up, but obviously not full enough, we popped into Super Target to buy more Mint Oreos and Mint M&M’s and Adam was after a new memory card for the new camera – they’re so much cheaper here than at home. With that done it was back to the villa for about 7:30ish, the kids were shattered so we put them to bed then vegged out on the sofa with our American cookie/chocolate stash! We were just as tired and were in bed by 10pm! It had been another brilliant (and very hot and sunny!) day!

NEXT: Day 8 - (A slight change of plan! ) DTD/Cinema/Longhorns

Edited at 02:00 PM.
SarahJayne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 13, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great day

Joan
Old 29 Oct 13, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
berniegroves
Apprentice Imagineer

Sounds like a great day!
We've never been to sweet tomatoes but will have to try it next time I think.
And super target has to be one of my favourite shops! Lol!
berniegroves is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Oct 13, 05:38 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Great day

Joan
Thanks for reading Joan

Originally Posted by berniegroves View Post
Sounds like a great day!
We've never been to sweet tomatoes but will have to try it next time I think.
And super target has to be one of my favourite shops! Lol!
It was a great day and Sweet Tomatoes is fab. Nothing fancy, quite small but great food and really cheap. Well worth a visit for a quick and easy meal.

Thanks for reading
Old 29 Oct 13, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Another super day Sarah ...keep them coming xxx

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Nov 13, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Another super day Sarah ...keep them coming xxx
Doing my best! Day 8 has just gone up!

Have you booked for Florida again next year then? I thought you were heading for the west coast after NYC?
Old 5 Nov 13, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Erial
VIP Dibber

Great day and you managed to get loads done. Sweet tomatoes is on my list to do next time. I signed up for the vouchers last time but we never made it there - too many good places to eat but never enough days! also must visit a Super Target is it bigger/similar to Walmart?

Claire
X

2005 - Buena Vista Palace Hotel & Spa * 2011 - Wyndham LBV Resort * 2013 - Sheraton Vistana Resort LBV - Trip Report - Complete * 2014 - Kissimmee Villa - Trip Report - Complete * 2015 - Hard Rock Hotel & Beach Club - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - New York - Trip Report - Complete * 2016 - Massachusetts Road Trip - Trip Report - Complete * 2017 - Florida Road Trip & Old Key West * 2018 - Florida Road Trip & Polynesian * 2019 - SSR, Grand Floridian & Boardwalk
Erial is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 13, 12:43 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Lovely day. We are still yet to try Sweet Tomatoes.

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Nov 13, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
SarahJayne
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Erial View Post
Great day and you managed to get loads done. Sweet tomatoes is on my list to do next time. I signed up for the vouchers last time but we never made it there - too many good places to eat but never enough days! also must visit a Super Target is it bigger/similar to Walmart?

Claire
X
Super Target is fab! Way better than Walmart I think. It has everything

Originally Posted by miss_mouse View Post
Lovely day. We are still yet to try Sweet Tomatoes.
It's a great place for a lovely, fairly healthy quick meal

Thanks for reading everyone
Old 2 May 14, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

great day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List