°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
AK and nothing more,down time (9/11/13)

Today was forecast for 75f but felt as hot as days before And I thought it was up there in the high 70's again.
We woke after 6 this morning and discuss where to go and what to do. The plans was to head for AK this morning leaving after lunch, grabbing some birthday shopping as Niall's birthday is the 11th and then heading to Shane's villa for the afternoon. I ask dh if we're breakfasting in or out and as he can't answer I have a nosey at the breakfast options for AK, imagine my delight as I see they have an open slots for Tuskers this morning! I opt for 8.10am, before the park opens woohoo! And we have photopass+ so all our pics are already paid for. Am I excited, much?! And Waz is too as he asked if we could dine here months back.
Here you find Donald outside, Daisy, Mickey and Goofy inside. We get the best interaction from Goofy who spends a minute or two at each table rather than whizzing by like the others. Breakfast totals $98 before tip.
One of the boys plates
One of my plates

We ride the safari trail and while my phone decides its full and won't take pics, but we get close up views of white rhinos, only a couple of metres away but luckily we escape attack. We also get the best view of the lions on pride rock that we've had in 8 trips. On to camp Minnie Mickey for festival of the lion king at 10.30.

We head to Dinoland usa to ride dinosaur which is included in our photopass+ the ride seems shorter to me this time but I don't think it's actually changed at all, the dinosaur animatronics are brilliant in here just like in Ellen's Universe of Energy, shame they can't say the same for Ellen's animatronic. We grab drinks and ice creams before wandering by Everest to see its 35mins, it's also included in the photopass+ but we'll ride another day.
We spend almost half and hour watching the Gibbons, the young girl there is very knowledgeable. Today there's daddy and 2 yr old twin daughters out (Disney are very lucky because it's very rare for primates to have twins), and mummy and a 5 yr old daughter have been moved back stage as the daughter was getting stressed. Daddy is so doting and following his young daughters around and making sure they're ok. There's one true little monkey throwing herself all over the place and the other is a lot more reserved but they're a very happy family and we're told that they never fight and much more info as this girl really is very good.

The park is getting busy as there was a 5k wine and dine run this morning. We leave and head out to do a spot of birthday shopping. I'd seen a couple of the things Nial had asked for at home in target and had noticed that Walmart didn't have them so we raided target before crossing over to dollar tree, this one wasn't as good as the one on sr535 and we came out with banners and balloons an a couple of other things but not the Christmas fillers I was gonna get. We call in at subway close to our villa, eat lunch and pack an over night bag before heading up to Shane's.

This time the sat nav tells us it's actually just 9.2 miles away and we arrive trouble free in about 15 mins. For 1 night only I get to feel like lady of the manor this villa is so huge. We pop straight into the pool and remain there until almost 6 when we decide to shower and head out for food. We have a drive over to Manny's but when we get there even their overflow car park is full and there's quite literally a hundred people waiting outside for a table, I'm guessing that when we return next week it's best to come early or even lunch time, we decide to grab some dominos pizzas and go back to the manor. Niall falls asleep in the car and doesn't wake again until morning. Oh well a cheap tea at $19 for 2 large pizzas inc tax
Old 20 Nov 13, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Great morning at AK, i love watching the monkeys too

Can't beat a nice cheap take away at the villa
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List