Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Lazy day, A walloping and Wilderness lodge (10/11/13)

10/11/13

Today we plan to have a chilled morning and after watching Newcastle beat Spurs we decide upon having breakfast at Cracker Barrel.

Breakfast was every bit as good as the other day but the restaurant is heaving, and our server who remembers us tells us that it's always like this on a Sunday morning.

We head straight back to our villa to wrap and of course watch some more football before spending a couple of hours in the pool. The plan is to skip lunch today and so we head off for some mini golf, choosing Congo river golf on idrive. We spend a lovely relaxing game (kids actually behave and enjoy the game with no dramas) and I triumphantly wallop Rich! For a change and finish our daytime with a call at Dairy Queen for our much loved ice creams.

For the evening we head to the Wilderness lodge and check the boys into the cubs den which they are eager to try out as the only one they've never been to. Dh and I head to the whispering canyon where we build our own platter. You choose 3 meats at a time from Kansas City-style smoked pork ribs, pulled pork, roast chicken, beef strip loin, fish and western-style sausage which is served with fresh veg, Yukon mash, cowboy baked beans and corn in the cob along with salad and corn bread.

The dinner was lovely, the salad was a little odd being covered in apple sauce but actually it worked once mixed in and the blue cheese too (which I do not like). The meats were very tender and melt in the mouth and the corn was the sweetest I've ever had and I could have eaten loads of the stuff. We finished off with a chocolate mousse cake that really wasn't very nice at all, I've never had mousse cake before and really wasn't keen on the texture at all, it was then topped with ground coffee beans and almonds which have the topping a very strong flavouring so neither of us ate more than a couple of spoons.
Along with our soft drinks, a chocolate mousse cake and passholder discount tea totals $70.88
We spend some time strolling around the resort that we've never had the chance to stay in, I've wait listed it as dvc members but it's never come through and we decide that if we have to use more points on a bigger room we will even if it means maybe having to use a hotel for part of our stay.

Tomorrow is Niall's 5th birthday so I grab him a badge from concierge before collecting the boys from cubs den. Warren is on the bean bags watching tv and looks exhausted but Niall's very busy colouring and refuses to come away until he finds a point he's happy to stop at. 10 mins later he's ready to go and when it comes to paying we're asked if we're dvc, yes we are and we've been over paying for the past few trips doh.
Niall says he's boss tomorrow which means "we must do what he listens or we'll get shouted at!" This boy is just too cute for words and those that have met him always comment on how pleasant he is... Funny how horrid he was for the first few days!
Old 11 Nov 13, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
vanlou
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 40
glad the boys are settling down now. Sounds like a nice relaxing day - shame about the chocolate mousse cake though.

Happy Birthday Niall

DLP Aug 2004 SQL, Dec 2007 HNY, Dec 2008 DLH
WDW Aug 2011 POFQ/RPR, Aug 2014 - HRH/POFQ
August 2014 trip report - Er, where's the rain?
vanlou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 13, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

mmm I love Dairy Queen. Sounds like a next relaxing day
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 13, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Hmm yummy breakfast again!

Sounds like Niall is excited for his birthday
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List