Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Nov 13, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Legs, Nerds & Wings - Day 18 - Magic Kingdom

Trip Report Index

Just to start, I'm Lisa - the planner and reporter. Ade is my hubby and he's our driver and there's Hollie who is 13 and partial to the odd teenage moment and Louis is 10 and our fussy eater.

29th October 2012 - Monday
Last full day - Day 18 - Magic Kingdom

So today was our last full day sadly
We had planned on a free day. Lazing around the pool and maybe a late lunch out somewhere. But we woke today and it was in the 50's. Definitely the coldest day so far. We didn't feel like chilling around the pool today that's for sure. So we made the decision to get ready and head to Magic Kingdom.
This had been our favourite park this year. We liked it during previous years visits but I feel this time that we totally 'bonded' with the park if that makes sense? We took time to really get to know the place and enjoy the finer detail rather than rushing from A to B.

Breakfast and out and we were under the arches around 10am.

We had a message popping up on the car today with a warning about air pressure on the front tyre. We decided it would be best to get it checked out and knew there was a garage around MK somewhere. We pulled up to the gates and could see it across the way on the left. The CM was helpful, let us pay and told us to cut across and go to the garage and showed us a way we could come straight back to the parking area without having to queue.

Ade sorted the problem eventually, it wasn't as straight forward as we had hoped. Another English family pulled up along side us with the same problem. So we chatted with them for a bit, Ade tried to help them.
I'm not a car person at all, I leave that to Ade, but I have to say, the Tahoe is a lovely car.

We love the space. The kids like to change seats, today they were all the way in the back. Hollie and I are just 4ft10 and can easily just walk through the car

Finally sorted and we were back in the car park for 11.30am.
It was very busy and we parked in Heroes in the Peterpan section.

Love that sky!

We'd already discussed transport between us. Ferry or monorail.
This was our 3rd holiday here and quite a few trips to Magic Kingdom under our belts and yet we'd never gone by boat. So I voted boat today, the kids wanted the monorail. As it happened the monorail was down so ferry it was.
It was very busy so we got behind everyone else. I let Ade lead the way.

I did love the ferry.

We went past the Polynesian where we'd had dinner the other night.

Magic Kindgom looked beautiful as it came into sight.

Another ferry heading on it's way back.

Space Mountain

Some family shots.

Totally photobombed by Louis here. I never realised until I edited the photo the other day. It came out quite dark, so when I brightened it, little louis appeared in the background!

And Louis being sad as it's our last full day.

cont...

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!

Edited at 07:06 PM.
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 13, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

And then the Contemporary Resort. I see from this photo that the monorail must have been running again.

The ferry actually was alot quicker than I expected.
We did a rest room visit and were in the park.

We had no plans other than to wander and enjoy.
We did fancy stopping at the bakery on Main Street here however the queues were huge.

The ice cream parlour wasn't very busy but it still felt a little cool for ice cream.

It didn't feel that busy as we got down Main Street and near to the castle.

We grabbed some photopass pics.

We headed right into Tomorrowland.

And grabbed some fast passes for Space Mountain.

cont...

@adeandlisadodisney

Edited at 07:09 PM.
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 13, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

I was trying to absorb every single detail today knowing that we wouldn't be back for a couple of years again.
I love the palm trees in tomorrowland.

We wandered through Fantasyland to see if the new area was open for the soft opening this afternoon, but it was closed again. That was cool though, we knew we had something new and exciting to return to next time.

We took a photo of the Snow White ride to be able to compare it when we come back.
I love Walt's inspirational quotes dotted around the working areas.

We decided to stop for lunch at Peco Bills around 1pm.

We sat outside and had the most delicious chilicheese fries. Really good value for money and we love the free toppings bar in this place. We will definately eat here again next time.
We got a table outside and enjoyed.

We decided not to get an ice cream here. The CM wasn't very helpful.

Still very much in the wandering mood we tried on some hats.

cont...

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 14 Nov 13, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

We popped in to the Christmas Shop for a mooch.
Love this fireplace.

It was time for our fast passes so we went back past the castle. This was going on.

And back in to Tomorrowland.

Another palm tree.

Straight on to Space Mountain and then on up to the people mover.

We experienced a huge South American group at this point all with 'Momentos Magicos' T Shirts on which then became the phrase of the holiday and still is. Maybe I should have named the trip report that ? !

Not so many photos of Hollie today and this is why.

The silly boys are always happy to be photograhed though.

We love this ride. It's great being able to relax your feet for a few minutes. Then this happened.

We stopped under Space Mountain for a few minutes. It was pitch black. Then it started back up again.

We hadn't made it to Tom Sawyers Island this visit yet, so decided to do this next. We love it over here.
We got on the little raft and drifted over.

This mill always makes Ade and I smile.
We loved the Harpers Island series so much on TV and this makes us think of it.

This CM took his job very seriously.

cont...

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 14 Nov 13, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

cont...

We wandered and explored the island.

Down to the fort at the bottom of the island.

I love the sights from this island.

It was getting towards parade time and we thought we'd try and get off the island to avoid the parade.

But we didn't manage it and got cornered.
We decided to watch it from the bridge by Splash Mountain seeing as we couldn't really get much further, we did have a pretty good view

until...

A couple of South American ladies pushed right infront of the children in the tiniest of spaces on the bridge completely blocking their view. Boo!
I wouldn't have minded so much, but they didn't even watch the parade.
The 'momentos' suddenly wasn't so 'magicos' after all.

cont...

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 14 Nov 13, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

cont..

After the parade and the walkways were opened up again we waited for a bit and tried to make our way back over the park again. It was still really busy though. It was time for us to leave MK. We wanted to stop on Main Street first though for a little shopping.
Louis had had his eyes on the sherbert for quite some time and still had some $$ left, so the first stop was the candy store.

oooohhhh the concentration here.

He loved choosing from all the different flavours.

There were a few jellybeans

And M&M's too.

We boughts some Mickey Rice Crispey Treats. Love those!
And popped in to the store on the other side for some goodies too.
There were a couple of CM's that were lovely that we got chatting with. I'd picked up a couple of shot glasses with the castle on the front. We make our own lattes at home and our starbucks shot glasses aren't quite big enough for a decent shot of coffee and these were about larger. We got talking about them and were told that they have to call them 'toothpick glasses'. We also did a little pin trading with them. They were so chatty and lovely, really made the afternoon.

It was sadly time to say goodbye to Magic Kingdom
We have totally loved this park this holiday and did feel sad saying goodbye. Everyone agreed that we could have quite easily shed a tear. Hollie did let me photograph her now though.

Goodbye MK. We have loved you.

We took the monorail back to the carpark and were back at Bahama Bay for 4pm.
Joel and Juila were there to meet us.

We thought we would head down to the pool for the last time.

But it felt a little too cold for Hollie and I so we sat and watched and had our Micky Rice Crispey treats.

cont..

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 14 Nov 13, 07:05 PM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

cont...

Love these!
We did make these back home actually using a Mickey Cookie Cutter bought at MK and they were really good.

And another last...our last sunset.

An uneventful last night.
Chicken wings ordered in from the bar restaurant. We could never get enough of these and Ade and I finished the packing.

Don't want to go home.

@adeandlisadodisney

Old 14 Nov 13, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Great last day thanks
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 13, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Aww what a lovely final day at MK. Totally understand when you say you bonded with the park. That's exactly how I felt this year and I cried so much leaving it!

Lovely photos today btw. Worth the wait xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Nov 13, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
spencem
Apprentice Imagineer

I agree lovely photos today, in all the days in fact. How nice does that sky look?
spencem is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List