Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Dec 13, 01:51 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve- Day Five- Little Toot and more.

Previously

INDEX if you have missed all of what has gone before

It's the 31st of July 2013, and you wake up at silly O'Clock again, yet there is a real awareness that this has been a memorable trip to the coast. Stayed in St Petes Beach last year and this trip continued the beach part of our trips. The West Coast of Florida continues to intrigue - probably due to the temperature of the water
Beautiful - simply does not do it justice.

We woke, we breakfasted (with Voucher and in allotted area)
and we got in the car for a drive.

We simplydrove, looking at how the coast had evolved in respect of development .

Lots to see,yet the joy of car air con and warmth means the pics taken have that misty glow around the edges

I will avoid adding them!

We did a big U shaped turn and found a Mall close to Clearwater -
JC Penney store qand others were considerably cheaper than the main Orlando area.
Sad moment was I bought shirts for work on my holiday!
amazing bargains - $8 a piece!

Lunch,was Taco Bell for Josh and I,whilst Joe and Al headed for subway.

We headed back to the beach
If in Clearwater there is simply one thing you MUST do - Dolphin boat trip

So, having spent the last couple of days thinking of the options and simply looking from the Beach at what the trips involve - we headed to our personal winner...

[

We booked, and then had a chilled out hour - we actually picked up some free wifi in the boathouse which created a massive conundrum.
Tampa Bay Rays baseball - having subscribed to their website prior to the trip I knew this moment would arise
Kids for free night! and a total cost that would put even a non -league football ticket to shame...
Tempted?
Oh yes... we could :do boat trip, pick up a hot dog at Tropicana Field, watch the game that started at 8, head back to hotel and have a good sleep.

The phone (with wifi )was hovering over a book ticket NOW button,
Temptation ( months of prior thinking - we could slot this in)

3.30 in the afternoon, a boat trip ahead of you and we could go after this...

[IMG][/IMG]

Leg of Joe explained it all!
Yet he was totally unaware that his day may result in another trip in the car and a few hours spent watching a game only his Dad tries to understand!

We fell in love with Little Toot, have to thank every one on the Dibb who has posted about this boat, it was as special as you all said it was going to be, and then some more!
We waited for the dolphin experience, but when it happened it simply underlined so much of what we had seen and done in the past few days.
To see dolphins in the wild and experience their interaction with us was amazing
[IMG][/IMG]

By the time we saw dry land again it was beyond 5pm - the conundrum was becoming more and more obvious.

Planning conversation went like this...

"Last night in Clearwater, do we want to be here or Tropicana Field?"
" We are off to Disney in the morning , so will a late baseball finish help that?"
" we can watch the end of the baseball on the tv"
" Dad - can we go body boarding on the beach?
Thi sconverstation was had on a top floor overlookingthe pier - great bar and position, not sure of the name but you can't miss it- highest point in the area!

So what happened next...

[IMG][/IMG]

We went to the beach and stayed 'till sunset, it is why we came here and we knew that it is the one reason we came here - we live on the east coast and never get the chance to see the sun setting over the sea.
[IMG][/IMG]

And headed ...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 429.jpg
Views:	3442
Size:	126.6 KB
ID:	52446  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 12:45 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 13, 01:52 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
After a quick wash and change, we headed back to the restaurant we spent on our DAY 3 evening. Gondoliers

To be honest, I could give the same food review,the service was just as good and the quality of food was as good too
It was superb,we missed the evening rain, walked back and knew we would miss being here.
It was such a great way to end our beach trip and the knowledge that we would be heading to Orlando filled us with such excitement.

Our Next stop was to be Saratoga Springs
Disney here we come...

Click here for day 6

BRUCE -SONG OF THE DAY - Waiting on a sunny day

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

Edited at 03:25 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Dec 13, 08:50 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Aah beautiful pictures of the sunset! SSR here you come - it almost feels like reliving the a Summer all over again ...
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Dec 13, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
never tire of clearwater and the beaches along that coastline, the water is like stepping into a warm bath. and little toot (or sea screamer) are both excellent too. I can understand the dilemma with the ball game, hopefully youll be back another time to catch that. Beautiful sunset, wish I was there right now.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 13, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by joanna23 View Post
Aah beautiful pictures of the sunset! SSR here you come - it almost feels like reliving the a Summer all over again ...
Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
never tire of clearwater and the beaches along that coastline, the water is like stepping into a warm bath. and little toot (or sea screamer) are both excellent too. I can understand the dilemma with the ball game, hopefully youll be back another time to catch that. Beautiful sunset, wish I was there right now.
Thank you both for your comments- I too wish I was there right now and looking back, this trip report is becoming a wonderful reflection of last summer - I just wish I could get the time to post more regularly the upcoming days
Determined to do so, as I have never shared trips previously.

As for the ball game - aware of the time involved - minor league at Lakeland Flying Tigers with free food. beer etc is a good alternative for anyone wanting to avoid the expense of major league.

Have to admit I was within seconds of pressing the book now button for the baseball
Am so glad I didn't, we enjoyed every last minute of daylight on the beach and enjoyed the restaurant once again. Unforgettable days at the beach ( even lookking back in December!)

Old 28 Dec 13, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
A wise choice I feel not taking in the baseball and enjoying those last few hours together relaxing in the moment.

All too often on these trips we all tend to rush and pack so much in that these little moments become stand outs in their own right!

Looking forward to Disney now!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 13, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
great day and fab pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
another great day, im loving the trip report, such a great holiday you all had

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Jun 14, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
More photo's of the beautiful sunsets and of course of the dolphins! Great day.
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 12:59 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Thank you so much for reading - dolphins were amazing to see in the wild.