Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 15 Dec 13, 07:57 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Snow White Gsy gets her Prince - Day 10 - Mum and Dad's surpise, Epcot and Citywalk

Snow White Gsy gets her Prince - Day 10

Day 9 can be found here Here

Dad and I both woke up with sore throats and a cough. Not sure if we have Dan to blame who had a cough but felt well in himself.

Today my parents were heading off to Vegas. We had organised a surprise for them to say thank you for all their help and support over the last two years. We booked breakfast at Crystal Palace in MK. We booked it so my mum could have a nice breakfast and see the characters and dad could take pictures in the park before it opened, unfortunately they decided to open the park for 24 hours that day for Limited Time Magic and Monsters University. It opened at 6am that day but it was still relatively quiet in the park so we got some photos.

Matt got his first autograph today as we saw Snow White standing around on her own – LOVE her!

We had to wait a few minutes before we were seated. My mum was so excited and was looking in the window at everything. She told me that she had wanted a good breakfast the whole holiday so she was really happy.

I think Mum’s face says it all in this pic.

Tigger was the best for character interaction as he was fun. The characters were quite spaced out which was good for food. The breakfast foods are so different in the States so I tried as much as I could fit in.

Our server gave us a cupcake and a post card to celebrate our wedding and honeymoon which was a nice touch

Dad ate so much we were all shocked. He really enjoyed himself. It was nice to sit down and not rush and just enjoy the food and company.

While we were having breakfast we decided to head to Epcot to go on Soarin’ which is one of mum’s favourite rides and we had missed out on Epcot due to the rain a few days earlier. As we were leaving the park the parade had started so we stopped and watched it.

On the way to the monorail dad wanted to take one last picture of the wedding pavilion which you can see in the background. He zoomed in more for other ones.

We had quite a wait for Soarin’ but we didn’t mind as we all really wanted to do it. There were some school children in the queue behind us and one asked what sort of ride it was and the teacher’s answer made us all laugh quietly as she really didn’t realise what she said but she described it as a ‘stimulator ride’ hehe.

After Soarin’ we headed for the buses. It was so hot waiting for the buses that we decided to jump on the A bus instead of the B bus for Downtown Disney hotels and then we luckily changed to the B bus when we stopped at Hollywood Studios. Dad was falling asleep on the bus, I think all the excitement had been too much hehe.

My parents had left their luggage in our room so we headed back there until my parents taxi arrived. Mum helped me pack my dress back into the box. It was quite a task!

Continued below...

Edited at 02:22 PM.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 13, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Matt and I had a dinner reservation at Latin Quarter tonight and Matt surprised me with an overnight stay at Loews Royal Pacific Resort at Universal. We packed a small overnight bag and decided to leave when my parents were waiting to be collected for their taxi to the airport.

I got really upset saying goodbye to my parents and so did they as it would be so weird continuing the holiday without them and it really hit home that I would not be going home to live with them again and that I was a married woman now. (Due to work on our house I was still living at home). I cried the whole taxi ride to Loews, god knows what the taxi driver thought! I felt bad for Matt and I apologised to him as he must have felt he wasn’t good enough hehe. He is by the way! We have both settled in really well into our house and it feels like we have always been there.

We got upgraded as it was our honeymoon and had a really lovely suite with a lounge area. I had my married name written on my room key which was weird to see. Matt and I are considering staying at Universal at the start of our next big holiday to Florida and do IoA and Universal straight away and have time in the pool as it looked really good. We never spend full days at those parks so it could be a gentle start to a future holiday.

We then got changed and got the water taxi to City Walk. It was quite a nice boat ride. Some people were playing Volleyball and their ball went into the water. The boat tried to get near and cause waves to help but unfortunately couldn’t which I thought was a nice gesture.

Even though I had a sore throat and my ears were now blocked, I thought I would still try and enjoy myself and have a cocktail. I also didn’t want to ruin Matt’s night. I’m the sort of person who ploughs on whether I’m sick or tired. The cocktail was really strong; I hoped it would help my throat hehe. The food at the Latin Quarter was SO good and would highly recommend it! However, it is extremely dark in there. Once we had finished tea we went to sit at the bar and had another cocktail. I couldn’t finish mine as it was too strong and I wasn’t feeling too good so Matt finished it.

We then went outside and watched a dance off competition for a bit.

I was really starting to flag by now and my ears being blocked made me feel really ill so we got some water and headed back. I felt really bad as we had both been looking forward to a good night out in Citywalk.

We went straight to bed when we got back in the hope I would feel better in the morning.

As a final surprise for my parents we organised for a bottle of wine and a note to be left in my parent’s hotel room in Vegas. They were so surprised and didn’t think it was for them that they kept telling the bellman it wasn’t for them and that it must be a mistake. I think we were asleep when they were given it, but I saw the text in the morning.

The highlight of the day was breakfast and seeing my parents face with all the characters and Matt being able to get autographs. My least favourite part of the day was not feeling 100%.
SnowWhiteGsy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Dec 13, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I remember that feeling of not going home ... Really odd! I'm sure Matt understood!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Hannikins
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 6
Guidebook Photos: 135
awww no how awful that you're not feeling great `i hope you get better before the end!

Nov 16-Shanghai & Japan - In Progress
Nov 15-Hong Kong & Singapore - Coming Soon!
June 15-Rome & Florence
Dec 14-WDW | 13-WDW | 12-DLP | 12-NY&DC | 11-West Coast | 10-DLP | 09-WDW
Hannikins is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 01:19 AM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nothing worse than being ill on holiday :-(

Lovely surprise though to stay at Universal
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bouncing Tigger
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 1
Great report. What a shame you didn't feel well.

Quality Inn International Oct 97 & Sep 2002
Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando Nov 2006
Coco Key Hotel & Water Park Oct 2012
POR Oct 2017 30th anniversary trip
May 2019 POFQ
POFQ again 2022
The best of the best 2023
Bouncing Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by caj View Post
I remember that feeling of not going home ... Really odd! I'm sure Matt understood!
Yeah he did. Glad I'm not the only one who found it odd

Originally Posted by Hannikins View Post
awww no how awful that you're not feeling great `i hope you get better before the end!
I battled on nothing gets in the way of Disney!

Originally Posted by margyloveswdw View Post
Nothing worse than being ill on holiday :-(

Lovely surprise though to stay at Universal
It was a nice hotel, shame we couldn't enjoy it more.

Originally Posted by Popsickle View Post
Great report. What a shame you didn't feel well.
Thanks I battled on
Old 17 Dec 13, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, shame you weren't feeling great. We love the breakfasts in Crystal Palace too they are fab

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Dec 13, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhiteGsy
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by yellowrose78 View Post
Great day, shame you weren't feeling great. We love the breakfasts in Crystal Palace too they are fab
Thanks for reading So much choice at Crystal Palace and it's all really fresh
Old 17 Dec 13, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Great read, sorry you felt rough.

The picture of your Mum in CP is lovely. Her expression says it all.

Thanks for posting.