Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jan 14, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

The Very Unexpected Trip! Day 3 18th of November

Hi Guys,

Well I don’t know if anyone is reading these but I am enjoying having it all to look back on so its on to Day 3, which was our first full day. Big warning it is super photo heavy due to it being my first proper day in the Disneyland Park.

There was no laying in bed this morning and we were up sharp at 7am, full breakfast in the apartment (I forgot to mention we took muesli with us and on our first trip to the supermarket stocked up in fresh fruit yogurt milk pastries and baguette. I never took any pics of breakfast but basically it was a big bowl of muesli with a mountain of fresh fruit on top then a toasted croissant or baguette and jam and maybe a cheeky wee pan au chocolate!).

Anyway we were on the 8:10am bus and on our way Obviously the park opened at 8am for EMH and with our annual passes we could go in at this time but 8:10am was the first bus of the day so that’s why. This was now a Monday so it was lovely and quiet got some going in pics

Is it just me that loves the fact even all the souvenir shops are open at that time? In through the gates we went to the amazing Christmas main street, picture galore right here.

I got super emotional walking up to the castle and asked a lovely couple to take our picture, I look terrible in it as I had been really welling up and M looks confused as always.

Straight through to the empty Fantasyland,

in all my trips to Florida, California and Paris I have never made it on any of the rides here so this was so exciting. We headed straight to Dumbo M couldn’t get why we were going on this ride with elephants but he totally loved it.

We headed straight over to the Carousel next, this was where we witnessed one of the stupidest things I have ever seen.

So we had been at the front of the queue next to the little gate, the girl let us on and we jumped on two horses straight at the gate. We then sat for a really long time (no idea how long but it felt like an age!). Anyway that was fine we were on holiday, so everyone strapped in we laughed at the girl trying to remove the massive covering telling you not to sit on a particular horse so she could sit on it then get a proper childhood telling off from a CM and we thought wow people can be really dumb but she was young and all excited so fine.

Now as they give their finally calls we are getting ready to go and this old women with what I assume would be a son or daughter and their partner and two grandkids come up to the small gate that we are next to. As we have only just got the final call she decides she wants her grandkids on so proceeds to reach over unlock the gate walk straight through with the kids and her son and daughter in law (or other way round) while the grandson is clinging on to the fence clearly saying no we aren’t meant to. The carousel has now started moving and she is marching round it to get to an empty horse. At this point one of the CMs spot her put an emergency stop to the carousel while they give her a telling off and which she looks indignant about as if its their fault and reluctantly goes back to the gate. I actually couldn’t believe it M was totally gobsmacked that a grown adult would be that stupid, only annoying thing was while she got a massive telling off from the CMs we had to sit there forever I think from queuing to actually getting off turned into a 15-20 minute fiasco. But it was a great wee ride:

M’s horse:

Selfie Fail:

At this point M confessed how much he loved Dumbo so we went back on again haha and made a plan for where to go next. We decided we would be brave enough for BTM so we decided on a plan he would go and queue for Haunted Mansion and I would go get BTM fast passes. Its funny how people all wait at the entrances of the different lands. The CMs where so funny here they kept teasing everyone with the rope and then they would walk forward a bit then change their mind and walk back it was really entertaining. Once in I headed off to BTM only to discover the fast pass machines didn’t open until 11am doh totally Disney fail for me right there. So I wandered off to join M and we got straight on Haunted Mansion which we both really enjoyed I am such a whimp but I love that ride so much it’s a must do for me.

We headed back towards BTM deciding just to queue well this was where my DIbb training came in handy. The right hand queue was all the way back to the entrance where the big sign says queue both sides, so I could hear it in my head go left so I did and kept going and going and going the left hand side was completely empty we ended up straight up to the bit at the stairs where the two queues join it was brilliant. There were two other couples in our little car and they must have been DLP professionals M and I screamed the whole way round it was so good, and some pics to prove just how much we where screaming!

We headed round to the Santa village to queue but there was a few people in front of us and this was a good hour before it was even due to open. M was happy to wait but after 20 minutes 3 other adults and 4 other kids joined the lady in front of us who was there with her little girl. M chatted to a couple of the CMs and we knew we were looking at another hour to 2 hour wait from where we where I decided to just call it quits since folk where there with kids and probably weren’t to impressed by 2 grown adults taking up space. The whole time we had been there Goofy and Minnie kept popping out to play with the kids it was really nice and stopped the kids getting bored:

We wandered back out and round to Pirates of the Caribbean another ride that I have only done once in California and its pretty tame but I totally loved it here it was great, again another pic of us being more terrified than we really should have been!

continued in the next post ...
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 14, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Continued from above…

After Pirates it was time for the Christmas Cavalcade this was so brilliant, I loved the little song and the Christmas theming of the parade was magical I went a bit photo mad again but my photos are better than my chat.

(I love his giant shoes!)

After the parade it was time for lunch so we headed out to EoS again, I got the Cannonballs and M got the Le Frenchy I think . Both where amazing and we got a couple of soft drinks as well.

At this point M was starting to flag so when I was ready to go back into the park he needed a little bit more time so off we went to Starbucks for an hour. I must say I am a bit like a child I was bored within about 30 seconds of sitting down I but I sat there and M got a coffee and it perked him up ready for the next bit.

We headed over to ride Buzz next but it was down so we had a shot on Orbiton with me thinking we could both fit in one rocket, oh my that was a very bad plan! By the time we both got in I realized we needed to put the belt on the CM was telling us we needed the belt but neither of us could move plus I had a full on fit of giggles kicking in. Not helped by M shouting I don’t think we really need a belt this thing could go upside down and we wouldn’t budge we are wedge in that tight. So between my endless fits of laughter the CM also now laughing at us we struggled by and finally got the belt on. It was a great ride but every time I took it up to high I would whimp out and come down low again next time it’s a rocket each!

We had a walk through the Nautilis thing (is it a ride?) that was pretty cool

(The face proper freaked me out when I walked in that room)

We then finally got on Buzz actually as we were getting on the CM locking us in wished me a Happy Birthday as I still had my badge on it was really sweet. I really enjoyed Buzz M was not so impressed all he kept doing was pressing the button that made us spin round. At one point I had about 20,000 points and M had 100. I think the pic says it all haha

We then popped in to Videopolis for the Jingle Bell Boys. M totally loved it in here and he loved all the little cartoons playing but we both loved the Jingle Bell Boys Mickey is just to cute it was really funny just hearing him speak French but I really enjoyed this little show.

We then headed straight over to Star Tours this is a ride I had been to scared to go on in the past but I was feeling all brave so on we went. It was brilliant I loved it as did M another one he was already wanting to re ride before it was even finished.

Token Star Tour Pics:

Sorry another photo heavy one continued in the next post...
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Continued from above…

We then had to pose for some Walle pics, this is one of M’s favourite Disney movies

We really wanted a pic of using doing the same little pose but it had started raining and there was no one about totally gutted as M was well up for it!

We headed back to Fantasyland and I wanted to check how long of a wait Mickey had, the Cm who also wished me a Happy Birthday said it would be about 30 minutes so since it was indoors and dry we jumped in its really cool in there and the cartoons playing make the time go really fast.

So we queued up and got some pretty awful pics M has no idea what to do with characters which resulted in these hilarious shots, then when M managed to smile the girl didn’t wait for the flash on my camera so it didn’t turn out so gutted as I wanted this to be our living room photo!

By the time we got out of Mickey the rain was coming down really heavy and M had decided he wanted to go to Val D’Europe for dinner, in his defense it was my fault for telling him about the amazing fish restaurant recommended on the Dibb, Le Ciree but I was all Disney high so I didn’t want to leave. We decided to head to the Fantasia Café for a rest and a drink then get the 6:30pm bus to Val D’Europe that our hotel puts on from Disney.

Oh on the way back out I got M to try and pull the sword out he didn’t :-(

The DLH was just amazing:

(I want these in my house! )

The bar was nice and quiet so got a lovely little seat by the window and I ordered a Glowtini and an Orangina for M the waiter kindly took a pic for us

(My handsome date)

We headed out at about 6:10pm and got the 6:30 bus to the big shopping center after a quick supermarket stop for more fresh bread we headed to Le Criee for dinner and got a lovely table in the outside section.

The menu looked great and I went for the goast cheese starter

Despite M being fluent in French some of the words on the menu he couldn’t figure out so he ordered his starter just hoping it would be nice. Well it was amazing I still have food envy even now writing this. They where basically like spring rolls but filled with prawns and white fish oh my word they were fantastic! Basically whenever we tell people about our Paris trip we ended on a tangent about these things.

For mains we both had the grilled fish platter and a side of dauphines potatoes it was really yummy the potatoes were amazing and the lovely fresh perfectly cooked fish was fab

It was all washed down with a couple of these:

I was really pleased we had came here but a bit gutted that we had missed the tree lighting ceremony (again) and dreams but M was so impressed with the meal that it was totally worth it.

We finally got the 9:05pm bus back to the hotel and where back in our hotel room by 9:30pm totally exhausted from another jam packed day. another bit of random french TV and a couple of big cups of tea all ready for our non Disney day we were off to Paris in the morning!

Thanks for reading guys xxxx
Old 14 Jan 14, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post

I'm still reading along

Omg the carousel thing how stupid can some people be ?

Sounds like a fun packed day your feet must of been killing you.

Your food looks fab may have to try there on our march trip

I have a pre trippy going on a different forum.
Xx
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jan 14, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by twindisney View Post
I'm still reading along

Omg the carousel thing how stupid can some people be ?

Sounds like a fun packed day your feet must of been killing you.

Your food looks fab may have to try there on our march trip

I have a pre trippy going on a different forum.
Xx
Hi

Thanks for reading along!

How was your Christmas and New Year? Did you enjoy your trip to Edinburgh?

Our feet where not bad pretty exhausted but the next day is a whole different story!

Definately a restaurant to try the food was brilliant. The desserts sounded great as well but because we had to catch the hotel bus we didnt have time

Oh where is your pre trippy? That is not long until your holiday at all your must be getting so excited. I am currently trying to talk M into going back he isnt keen although he is happy for us to make some provisional plans to do the West Coast of America including Disney next year woohoo!

Gemma xx
Old 14 Jan 14, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Hi

Thanks for reading along!

How was your Christmas and New Year? Did you enjoy your trip to Edinburgh?

Our feet where not bad pretty exhausted but the next day is a whole different story!

Definately a restaurant to try the food was brilliant. The desserts sounded great as well but because we had to catch the hotel bus we didnt have time

Oh where is your pre trippy? That is not long until your holiday at all your must be getting so excited. I am currently trying to talk M into going back he isnt keen although he is happy for us to make some provisional plans to do the West Coast of America including Disney next year woohoo!

Gemma xx
Loving the Christmas decorations the park looks great.
We loved Edinburgh as usual will be back this year I'm sure.
My feet where sore from that trip.

Shame he's not keen would of been great to make use of your pass's
I'm really excited as I know have 3 trips booked
Our march one ( not long now)
My big 40 in October
And feb half term 2015.
West coast sounds great
Sent you a pm
Xxx
Old 14 Jan 14, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Loving the Christmas decorations the park looks great.
We loved Edinburgh as usual will be back this year I'm sure.
My feet where sore from that trip.

Shame he's not keen would of been great to make use of your pass's
I'm really excited as I know have 3 trips booked
Our march one ( not long now)
My big 40 in October
And feb half term 2015.
West coast sounds great
Sent you a pm
Xxx
The Christmas decorations where amazing the place looked so magical i can't imagine DLP not dressed for Christmas its to perfect!

Glad you had a nice time in Edinburgh we actually got to the Christmas markets a few times which was fun lots of hot chocolate and churros in the rain

Oh have you got two DLP trips this year and another next year? So jealous thats fantastic. October will be great you get to see all the halloween stuff. I did Disneyland California in September i loved all their Halloween decorations it look brilliant.

Gemma xx
Old 14 Jan 14, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

The markets where good this year I did have a few hot chocolates my self .
Yes 2 this year need AP for October as staying off site.
One so far for next year
Think I'm nuts ?
Xx
Old 14 Jan 14, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

The markets where good this year I did have a few hot chocolates my self .
Yes 2 this year need AP for October as staying off site.
One so far for next year
Think I'm nuts ?
Xx
Not nuts at all, when we got back i could easily have booked another 2 trips back before summer if M had been up for it! The APs are such good value and the discounts on food and shopping was just amazing made it all totally worthwhile!

xx
Old 14 Jan 14, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Not nuts at all, when we got back i could easily have booked another 2 trips back before summer if M had been up for it! The APs are such good value and the discounts on food and shopping was just amazing made it all totally worthwhile!

xx
Shame m not as keen as you is there no one else you could go with .
I know can not wait to get my AP fancy my DH buying me that for my 40th ha ha.
Xx