°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
This will be LIVE. The not so live part. Sunset Lakes

we stayed in villa aurora on sunset lakes this time, here's a little information. Also, I was very surprised at how close most communities are to each other, there's so often on here questions of which is closest but there are loads clustered together in this area of just off the 192 so I'm not sure it particularly matters which one you go for.
The community itself is a mixture of residential and holiday lets but is very very quiet, I think in total we saw less than 10 people for the duration of our trip - and way more squirrels and ducks!

Villa Aurora is a single story villa with 2 twin rooms (one disney themed), a double and a super king room - the master with full bathroom suite and the double with en suite shower room, there's also a disney themed family bathroom. The kitchen is more than adequately equipped (not that I cooked a single meal in it) and there's plenty pool toys to get you started although we collected more and left them as I guess others have done also. The villa has the garage converted to a games room with pool table and table tennis aswell as bikes and all kinds of toys and games etc. there are washer and dryer for your convenience and are just perfect for lightening that suitcase

Distances from sunset lakes gates to each park are as follows and sticking to major routes (as per our sat nav which was pretty much spot on):

Magic Kingdom 10.3 miles or 17 minutes
Animal kingdom 6.5 miles or 13 mins (unless you use sherberth road to cut through and then its maybe 5 mins)
Epcot 8.7 miles or 16 mins
Hollywood studios 6.4 miles or 10 mins

Nearest walmart (Clermont) 4.4 miles or 7 mins

Nearest restaurants were Giordanos, Outback, Buffalo Wings, Cracker Barrel and Subway, Taco Bell and Red Lobster. There was a very good supermarket called marketplace that did the whole deli and rotisserie thing too and we didn't find it to be particularly expensive - great for pool toys too! A little further up there was Olive Garden, Logan's roadhouse, Miller's, Bahama Breeze and a few others

After a fabulous trip in a lovely and well positioned home we decided that staying in a villa just wasn't for us - you'll have to have read that the kids never settled and just didn't feel safe, but that's not down to the villa we chose just down to our preferences. We gave the villa a go as we'd never tried villas before and I now don't think I'd stay in one again unless we were with a big group, it was just too stressful ad I like my luxuries and the more disney/ spoilt feeling to my holiday. Next trip we will have our dvc points available again so will head back home to Jambo house once again.

Edited at 01:38 PM.
°o°-Hannah-°o° is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List