Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 26 Jan 14, 12:25 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve- Day Eight- DHS. 'OHana and Wishes on the beach!

Previously - day Seven is here

Trip Index is also available for any other missing days - click here

DAY 8 -August 3rd 2013.

A day that had so little notes proves so difficult to write - so apologies for the delay I have pieced it together from plan, pictures and a bit of detective work!

As a day it was hugely memorable and on reflection we simply were on the go from getting up to sleeping at the end!

We woke, we walked, we got on the bus for an extra magic hour

Having read several posts on The Dibb prior to this trip - we knew that Disney were opening the gates prior to the stated hours
So an early start was vital -

Entered the park at 7.50 - rode TSM with a minimal wait and then tried to avoid the 2 hour fast pass rule so headed elsewhere First objective achieved!

We headed towards Rock n' Roller coaster but on finding it was closed we snagged the FP for later ( 11am)and headed to the worst hotel in the world!
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 590.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	53394

As this is possibly the least favourite ride for DW and one of the very best for the three remaining members of the crew there was a point of no return!

This was just too late!

We rode twice and then headed back to RnR( just in case it was no longer tech) - We rode in the standby line, which had just opened and realised just how much the extra, extra bit had afforded us.
The fast pass for later in the pocket it was time to grab a coffee and a bit of breakfast - rides achieved and time now to explore!

Starring Rolls was just the job, DDP to the rescue again and all now refreshed we then made the fateful decision that led us to ...
The Little Mermaid Show never been before and have to admit it was a useful kick agaist the caffine intake I have only recently partaken but.. it was less than I had previously never built it up to be
There was a reason we had not been before and at this point I finally knew all those hours of reading other trip reports and general dibbing were of great use. But at least I could say that I had been - he says in a positive and celebratory manner, just remind myself to give it a miss again in the future! ( not on the same scale as Prince Caspian though! now that really is something to not even look, at never mind stop or queue! Not good!)

Anyway,
We strolled and absorbed - this is something that as a family , we try to do. That is, to simply keep the pace at a level at which you can still actually absorb what being in any park is all about. There are several parts of DHS that we have earmarked for this trip, but today was not about them. We just wanted to walk and enjoy, and we did.

We then Rock and Rollered!

Which looked more like this!

At this point we had a couple of photopass pics and decided we would head back to SSR for a swim.

Bus back and we were back at Saratoga for 12.15!

We knew we had a bit of preservation to do as an evening Dining reservation may need a bit of a long day - we took it steady!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013 598.jpg
Views:	2512
Size:	75.9 KB
ID:	53395   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 610.jpg
Views:	2507
Size:	87.8 KB
ID:	53396   Click image for larger version

Name:	50433090018.jpg
Views:	2478
Size:	87.9 KB
ID:	53397  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 01:29 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 12:26 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
And so the day continued!
We took the time to explore SSR and to have a bit of a chill out time. We once again enjoyed the pool and then had a bit of time in our room - unpacking properly for the first time this holiday and washing after the beach part of the trip and simply having a rest after the early start.( now I thought we had done this yesterday and on arrival but the addition of washing facilities now meant we would not be the family you would need to avoid in the queue for any ride)
Our return was with good reason, we knew that the boys would be tired but the thought of eating at 'Ohana and seeing Wishes would simply bring the whole MK feeling to fever pitch! It is usually our first stop on entry to Disney and we have waited until tonight for this reason.

We arrived at the Polynesian having got to MK by bus and then got ON to the Monorail - to get off at a hotel - very strange feeling, we had walked passed the entrance to MK and then got on a monorail! Having never experienced the Poly before, we had time to explore and to simply see what it was about -may need to to add to the list of places we must stayThere was a bit of an airport lounge feeling to the main foyer as it was simply so busy. But a wonderful atmosphere and a hotel that would be worth looking at again.

We had a drink whilst we waited for our 'Ohana table and then we called to the Restaurant.

It was a bit of a gamble regarding what the children would eat here and we were delighted that they simply went with the skewer approach and tried everything .
It was filling, it was tasty it was delicious

Great meal enhanced by the Ukelele playing entertainment - to which the boys ensured we got up to celebrate our anniversary once again!
Thank you very much!
The Uke playing entertainment guy was great fun and ensured that the whole restaurant were involved, participated and enjoyed!

Our night did not end there however...

We headed to the Beach!
Well the nearest beach! Which was not more than 100 yards away

Now so much has been written and for so many enjoyed watching from afar, yet I only wish someone had turned up the volume! for us - it was too quiet

Wishes from the 'other' side of the lagoon.

As always Wishes is amazing to see - we sat on the beach and knew we were here!
Collectively we all wished we were in the hub and in MK for the first time in the holiday, yet simply sitting on a beach watching wishes once again reminded us of the previous days at Clearwater, our previous trip with Pirates and pals cruise ( very good in case you are thinking of booking)

It was getting late and delighted at jumping on the very first boat from Poly to MK and arrived at the boat dock way before much of MK had moved - as a result we caught the bus to SSR without a queue and were back for 11pm

Tomorrow needs a late/ later start

Bruce song of the day - Lost in the Flood

Coming up... Tesco Day- day 9 now added here
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013 646.jpg
Views:	1253
Size:	125.9 KB
ID:	53398   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 627.jpg
Views:	1262
Size:	90.0 KB
ID:	53399   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 673.jpg
Views:	1249
Size:	50.8 KB
ID:	53400  

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

Edited at 03:27 AM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Ohana looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to eating here on our trip in July. Great day - and great choice of song!
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
Another really full day! Loved the pic taken on the RocknRoller coaster. 2 petrified adults and two very chilled children. Love it!

Walt fancy grabbing your young sons hand on the ride. Shame on you.

Really looking forward to reading of your experiences at SSR as we are staying there in March. Our first stay there
Old 26 Jan 14, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report, we are doing Ohana for the first time and watching wishes from the beach when we go too, it looks fantastic, lovely and relaxed!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 07:54 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
A couple more pics for Tractor Boy
Day 6 also has a few too.
You will love Saratoga Springs - have stayed in Grandstand and The Springs and both were fab locations.

Here are a couple more pics to add to day 6

Would hasten to add we took the pics before we unpacked handy holiday hint
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2013 549.jpg
Views:	1166
Size:	154.8 KB
ID:	53465   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 550.jpg
Views:	1165
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	53466   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013 551.jpg
Views:	1125
Size:	65.5 KB
ID:	53467  

Old 26 Jan 14, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by kaytola View Post
Ohana looks fantastic! I'm looking forward to eating here on our trip in July. Great day - and great choice of song!
You will love 'Ohana- the food and atmosphere was brill - as for the song it is one of my favourites which was enjoyed at Wembley and the intro simply sticks in your head all day once you hear it

Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Another really full day! Loved the pic taken on the RocknRoller coaster. 2 petrified adults and two very chilled children. Love it!

Walt fancy grabbing your young sons hand on the ride. Shame on you.
Really looking forward to reading of your experiences at SSR as we are staying there in March. Our first stay there
I know I was under strict instructions from DW to keep hold of him in case he fell out
Will try to keep Saratoga updates in mind for next few days of report

Originally Posted by THEAFAMILY View Post
Great report, we are doing Ohana for the first time and watching wishes from the beach when we go too, it looks fantastic, lovely and relaxed!
You will have a wonderful time - thanks for reading enjoy your countdown

Old 27 Jan 14, 08:11 PM  
Link to this Post
TractorBoy
Imagineer

TractorBoy's Reviews
Really appreciate the extra pics and your opinions on SSR.

That is very good of you!
Old 1 Feb 14, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by TractorBoy View Post
Really appreciate the extra pics and your opinions on SSR.

That is very good of you!
Glad I could help - thanks for taking the time to read my report and comment too

Old 6 Feb 14, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
Ohana has long been on my radar but we have never made it and this just frustrates me when I continue read such great things about it!

I'm going to have to rectify this one day and grab an ADR!

Another great day sampling the magic!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List