Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Feb 14, 08:54 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

xxSmileyKyliexx's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
**It's Smiley Kylie's First trip report!**- DAY 4- MY BIRTHDAY, MAGIC KINGDOM & EPCOT

INDEX:

INTRODUCTION
DAY 0-TRAVEL DAY
DAY 1-UNIVERSAL STUDIOS & CELEBRATION
DAY 2-ANIMAL KINGDOM & MNSSHP
DAY 3-SHOPPING AND OLIVE GARDEN

Happy birthday to me, happy birthday to me, happy birthday princess Kylieeee, happy birthday to me Today I turnt 25! Wow 7 years since my 18th, man I am old! But what better way to celebrate than in Walt Disney World, lucky me! I was awake at 5:30am! Apparently I’m still a big kid and waking up at this ridiculous time to open gifts and cards proved it! Everyone else was still fast asleep, like most people would be at half 5! I opened some cards which I had bought from home, from mum, Carley etc. Oh I’ll apologise now for the excessive report today, lots to fit in, so grab yaself a cuppa or 20 now =P

My aunty had given me my fave perfume by Anna Sui which I was chuffed with. Carley did good as she always does! Not only had she booked for us to see Alesso in London in December she had also booked and homemade me a ticket for the Tiesto & Calvin Harris concert the same weekend! I was mega excited; I am a complete, house/electro/trance Ibiza nut so I was made up! Tiesto being the fourth best dj out of 100 in 2013 eeeak (we had already seen number 1, Hardwell in Ibiza ) She also enclosed some dollars in my card so I could get myself some vinylmations =) I had lots of messages from my lovely Facebook friends too which always makes you feel loved! I posted this picture onto Facebook, with my new Disney top on purchased from Supertarget =)

I was immediately in a happy mood which is always a good place to be on your birthday. Today was my choice day and I had already said to the others that I’d quite like to do rope drop and spend the day at Magic Kingdom. With the park opening at 9am we’d have to leave at around 8:15. I had a cup of tea and some lucky charms for brekkie, it got to 7:45am and there was still no sign of anybody waking up, I was worrying that we wouldn’t make rope drop. Everyone woke eventually and it was a mad rush (for them) to get showered and ready so we could leave on time. They didn’t even have time for breakfast We arrived at Magic Kingdom around 8:45am parked up in Simba and got the monorail to the park.

So excited to see this again =D

This all took a while and there was a long queue at bag check so I had given up on any hopes of experiencing rope drop It was this point there was a little confusion as I had always got the impression that rope drop was where you saw the little welcome ceremony, when you watch the steam train arrive with the characters on and cast members are all singing good morning good morninggg & zipadee doo da etc etc, and then the park is open (rope is dropped) and everyone is let in through the main entrance? Astrid had thought that rope drop was when you go straight into the park right at the end of main street and the rope is dropped there and the mad rush of people go off in their desired direction. Either way we missed both, which I was majorly gutted about as I was really looking forward to the opening ceremony which I had seen like 1000 times on youtube! I had been up since half 5 preparing myself for it, as I always take the longest to get ready so didn’t want to keep the others waiting, but as it happened they woke up late and I was the one waiting, meaning that we missed rope drop, so I was a bit naffed off about this. Anyways moving on, I collected my birthday badge from the cart outside city hall, this is my 2nd birthday badge from Magic Kingdom, I was so happy putting it on! What a geek!

We had a few photopass pictures done.

The weather looked bleh today, the sky and clouds were dark, there was no sun and it looked as though the heavens were going to open anytime! Typical on the first proper day where I got to see Magic Kingdom in daylight! I wasn’t feeling the magic at all, especially after missing rope drop, everybody seemed a bit stressed this morning, probably where they were up late and had no breakfast. Ben and dad didn’t seem too bothered about having photos taken and were huffing and puffing when I was asking them for one with me on my birthday. I just felt really let down, silly me =(

So after the brief photo taking we headed on round to monsters inc laugh floor, there was no wait for this. This always makes me laugh and I love the audience interaction, it’s good fun. Of course they must have known my dad is a world class dancer because he was put on the spot to dance for everyone, think he took this as his 5 minutes of fame, he was proper busting out some moves, I was wetting myself! Then I got picked out aswel by the blue monster and I was really struggling to understand him! I must have looked like a complete div when he was asking me questions, I kept turning to Astrid like ‘what’s he saying?!’ And then he asked me to put my hands up as antlers, I had a blank moment and had to ask Astrid what antlers were…oh the shame! On camera aswel in front of everyone, I was feeling slightly stupid! It was all good fun though. We came back outside to be greeted with rain! Not just normal rain, it was like literally a torrential downpour! I was not impressed! Everyone was running around like loons trying to keep dry, I wish I was one of these people that could just stroll along in the rain without a care in the world, but I always worry about my tan and hair extensions! Ha! It must be a girl thing, well a Kylie thing! We headed onto the nearest thing where we could keep dry, this turnt out to be the people mover. This isn’t the most exciting attraction but it kept us dry and we could people watch from up high.

The rain was still pouring so we ran across onto space mountain which luckily was only a 10 minute wait =)

This ride had me in stitches again, as explained when we went on at mnsshp climbing in and out is such an effort! The ride throws you all over the place, pretty sure I was bruised in several places after it! Dried us off a bit though! The rain had died down a bit which was a relief, but it was that kind of rain that looked as though it was staying put for the day. We spotted a very wet looking Stitch all alone in the rain, so headed on over to grab some pictures and give him a big cuddle. Astrid and Carys were really surprised when I said that I’d never watched Lilo and Stitch! I have since watched it and it’s like my new favourite Disney film! (Well one of) Such a lovely story, I definitely wasn’t a blubbering mess at it :/

We went on to carousel of progress. This was a first for me; I don’t really know why I’ve never done it! Astrid had briefly told me what it was about, you know when you’ve never been on a ride you feel that excitement like ooo what’s going to happen etc, well this was me =) Espesh after I’d been singing ‘it’s a great big beautiful tomorowww’ for part of the holiday! I’d heard it off a YouTube video and didn’t realise it was the song from the carousel of progress! Anyway the ride did not disappoint, I absolutely loved it! I can’t put my finger on why, but it was just so lovely and a real eye opener to how things have changed and developed over time. It was a real family kind of ride; I could even feel myself welling up at times, soppy me!

We came out and the rain was still pelting down, as the others hadn’t eaten breakfast they were starved by now and I was feeling peckish too so we headed into cosmic rays for a late brekkie/early lunch. I went for the angus bacon cheeseburger with fries, it was delish! I spotted the toppings bar and was in my element, lettuce, tomato, onion, ketchup and of course a ton of cheese sauce were all added onto my plate. Oh that cheese sauce, what I’d give to have that right now, I love it! It took me a while but I scoffed every last bit of it =D

Continued below...
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

I definitely recommend it here if you’re looking for something quick and easy, there’s lots of variety to please everyone, lots of seating and a great atmosphere. There was some animated dragon/dinosaur thing entertaining diners aswel that would keep kids happy. So all in all a nice place for some lunch, I can’t wait to go back here for the topping bar alone! The rain continued and I was feeling cold! I decided to purchase a poncho from a nearby shop, can’t remember how much it cost, although even if it was like $50 I would have probably got it to save my poor hair! Ha! I felt much more comfortable with this on, I had my arms all wrapped inside aswel trying to keep warm, I didn’t care what I looked like at this point! It was a case of running around everywhere trying not to get wet and just jumping into the queue for any attraction; we didn’t really get to experience the new fantasyland or go exploring around to meet characters etc. We did philarmagic next which is a favourite for all of us. I was just grateful for the warmth if I’m honest! The show was as great as I had remembered; it still amazes me how clever everything is the 3d effects, different smells and water spraying out, involving lots of different Disney characters, I love it =) After here we all decided to call it a day at magic kingdom, I was gutted, I had imagined spending my birthday here meeting characters, exploring new fantasyland, seeing Gastons tavern, Belles enchanted tales, Ariels grotto, the circus area etc, but nope I didn’t get a chance to see any of it. The others didn’t seem too fussed to be honest, which I suppose I can’t blame them as it was a horrible day. This is my miserable grumpy rainy day face =(

We mooched around the emporium shop on our way out, I had promised Carley I’d get her a mickey ring for her birthday (one of our friends Jade has one) and Carley had been reminding me for months to try my best to get her the same one, so of course I found it =D I decided that I quite liked it aswel so grabbed one for myself, dad then caught me about to buy it and said he would get it for me as my birthday present, which I was chuffed with at $40 per ring I would have paid $80 for the pair! Plus now every time I look at my ring it makes me think of my daddy and my favourite place in the world and puts a smile on my face. By the way I think this shop is amazing! So much stuff to look at, clothes, jewellery, toys, Christmas decorations, everything! Definitely go here if you visit MK. Here is my gorgeous Disney ring =D

Think it was about midday when we left so had only been there a few hours, I was feeling upset that I’d missed rope drop, not seen very much and that it had rained all morning but I was happy with my new ring and tried to keep positive, I was determined not to cry on my birthday! We jumped on the monorail back to the car; it was quite busy as everyone was just deciding to leave. Here we are looking wet and miserable.

I forgot to mention that when I got back to the villa yesterday I noticed that the pretty dress I’d bought for my birthday meal still had the security tag on it! Clearly it didn’t work as the alarms didn’t go off when leaving the store. This was a massive inconvenience to me and the others as we had to go back to premium outlets today in the pouring rain bearing in mind it was a Saturday, the traffic was ridiculous! We went straight there from magic kingdom. The place was manic, no spaces, cars parked up on the grass, curbs etc, me and Carys made the decision to run into the shop whilst Asty drove around the car park so we could just run and jump back in. The guy in the shop was really apologetic, lucky he was or I would have bitten his head off! For future reference I very much doubt i’ll be shopping on a weekend, obviously the locals are off the weekends so they all head to the outlets. Never again! We got back to the villa around 2pmish. I was immediately cheered up when I opened my presents. I had already opened Carley’s remember and was mega excited to be seeing Tiesto and Calvin Harris in December (they were amazing by the way, even though I was ill for it I still went and raved my booty off =D) Here I was looking gorgeous :/

Anyway back to today, Astrid had wrapped up my Betsey Johnson bag purchased yesterday, which I absolutely loved, she had also bought me the cutest glass Christmas decoration, it had all the icons for each park on, she also had got me a vinylmation which I had already purchased for myself yesterday =( Shows how well Asty knows me, picking something that I would choose for myself, bless her! I felt bad, but none of us were to know! She had got me another one to start my collection off aswel so I really appreciated that. Cary’s gave me the lovely jewellery holder aswel which matches my room perfectly! Then my little brother gave me his present… As you might know, well I don’t think you do actually I’ve not mentioned it, but anyway I collect the Original holiday Barbie’s, the proper collectable ones in their original boxes, not the kiddy ones, although these are beautiful aswel! Ha! I’m such a child! Well Ben had picked up the 2013 holiday edition Barbie at premium outlets for me, I was so happy, what an absolute gem he is! She is absolutely gorgeous and fits in well to my collection. The little bro did good! All this put me in the best mood and I had soon forgotten about this mornings events.

Astrid had made a reservation at Garden Grill in Epcot for my birthday meal tonight; I had been here before in 2011 for Carley’s birthday so knew I loved it! Was really looking forward to dolling myself up and having a nice evening with the famalam. Surprisingly it didn’t take me too long to get ready! Showered, hair extensions in, make up done, detagged dress put on and I was ready to rock and roll! Astrid and Carys had their dresses on too, we all looked lovelies if I do say so myself =D

We left for Epcot at 4:30pm parked up in explore 74 and headed into the park.

I had completely forgotten to wear my birthday badge, silly Kylie! So picked up a new one at guest relations, 2 in one holiday, lucky me =) Our reservation was for 5:20pm, we arrived on time and were seated at 5:30. The restaurant is located on the top level of the Land Pavilion. While dining, the entire restaurant rotates clockwise giving you a constantly changing view. The theming is brilliant, it rotates really slow so you’re not going to feel sick, dizzy or anything lol!

I remember when I had came here with Carley that I had a mixture of the kids and adults buffets, because I’m so fussy and not a great meat lover, so having drumsticks, sweet potato sticks and macaroni cheese from the kids menu suited me much better. Our server started by bringing round drinks, some warm bread with maple butter and a harvest inspired farmers salad. It was lovely but I remember thinking the bread tasted too sweet for me!

There was a mixture of chargrilled filet of beef with red wine sauce; roasted turkey breast with lemon caper sauce, fish with roasted tomato and pepper compote, garden fresh vegetables and mash potatoes all bought to the table for our main meal. There was loads of it! I just had the fish with vegetables and potato, it was delicious! I was quite limited to what I could eat but somehow ended up eating loads and feeling really full! Think I probably scoffed too much macaroni cheese!

Whilst we were scoffing, Mickey, Chip, Dale and Pluto visited throughout; we had some great interaction with them. It was a bit of a faff however to keep having to squeeze in and out of the booths to get pictures. I also think that perhaps the table/seating could have been bigger and more spaced out as it was quite cramped and there was barely any room for the food!

Sorry overload of pictures then! Our server soon bought round a little birthday cake for me and then everybody sang happy birthday, I was so embarrassed but secretly loving it of course :P Astrid had made them aware when she made the reservation that it was my birthday so they had also got the characters to sign me a birthday card which I was mega chuffed with!

Continued below...
xxSmileyKyliexx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
xxSmileyKyliexx
Very Serious Dibber

I scoffed down the cake it was lovely! The others all had a fruit pie thing with ice cream and a couple of cone shaped fairy cakes, they all enjoyed their desserts. I’m not sure what the bill came to, but we paid and then rolled out of the restaurant. I love this restaurant however I’ve now dined here twice so don’t think I’ll do it again, as I am limited on what to eat here so next time will try somewhere new and different. You get great character interaction though, the staff are friendly and you have more than enough to eat, so overall it gets the thumbs up from me

We left at around 7pm and headed for the merchandise shop. I needed to see if I could exchange the ring dad had bought me earlier as when I took the packaging off it was too big for me, I asked if I could swap it for a smaller size and they had no problem with this. The others were all messing around trying on hats and being silly =D We had a few pictures taken near the fountains and then headed round to world showcase.

It was busy around the showcase as the food and wine festival was on so everyone was queuing to try the various different foods and there were a few groups of drunken people doing the drink around the world thing which me and Carley are planning to do on our next trip, god help us! We queued 25 minutes for the maelstrom ride, I have no idea why, it’s totally not worth it! But we had time to spare before illuminations so thought why not! Pouts down to perfection =P

We saw Anna and Elsa the frozen characters doing meet and greets in Norway but I hadn’t seen the film so wasn’t too fussed on meeting them, I could kick myself now though as I loved the film so wish I had taking the opportunity for photos when I had it, silly me! We mooched around each pavilion just taking in the atmosphere and different smells of all the food. I must admit that Epcot is my least favourite park but I do love how themed each country is and how cleverly done it all is. We didn’t attempt soarin’ or test track as both were over an hour long to wait. We stopped in Germany for a drink; I had a glass of white wine, which was really strong! If I had 1 or 2 more I would have felt a little tipsy! I’m terrible with alcohol! Definitely a cheap date ha!

Soon illuminations would be starting so we walked around to find a good spot, we ended up sitting between the 2 shops near the entrance of world showcase, there was a reserved area in front (I’m assuming for people who had fastpassed it) But it didn’t matter in the slightest because nobody ended up going in that area?! We wondered if it was because the fire was too hot or if the rain had affected it, I don’t know. We had the perfect view! Definitely the best view I’ve ever had and I’ve seen it a handful of times. I always get emotional watching it, I can’t explain why! Just always feel tearful, especially at the end when that song comes on, the ‘we go on’ one! The fireworks, fountains, laser lights, spinning globe, fire etc are all just amazing!

It really is a brilliant show! Makes me get goosebumps even thinking about it! The others all had bets that I would cry, I could feel them watching me when it was on and was thinking to myself ‘do not cry, do not cry’ ha! I still did though; I wish I could control my emotions! So I did end up crying on my birthday but because I was happy, and that’s allowed We left when it finished about 10:15pm. Everyone sang happy birthday in the car to me which made me feel happy, we got back to the villa about 10:45pm.
I was excited as I had planned to give Carys her birthday present on my birthday night. Her birthday was at the end of November but you’ll see why I had to give it to her now. Everyone else knew what it was so Carys was really intrigued; she had no idea what it was! I had wrapped it all back home and it was hidden in a cupboard in my room. I ran upstairs to get it and came down and handed it to Carys. She was really surprised as it was totally unexpected! She was like’ I don’t understand, it’s not my birthday for ages’ hehe! I love giving presents so was as excited as she was when she was opening it.

She was really happy when she realised what it was. I had booked for her to swim with the dolphins at Discovery Cove. She had never been before so was really excited and grateful to me, she gave me a massive cuddle. I had wrapped up a dolphin with the e-ticket attached, felt like I wanted to do something special for Carys as it would be her 18th birthday. I also love discovery cove and Astrid would be joining us too as she’d never been. Carys was completely surprised, we would now be going to Discovery Cove in the morning rather than Seaworld! It was hard to keep it a surprise especially as I was really looking forward to going myself! But the secret had paid off as Carys was made up

I sat and munched on some of my Halloween treats and thought about the day I’d had. It had started off not as hoped but the afternoon and evening couldn’t have been better, I loved my meal, seeing illuminations and meeting the characters. I’d also had so much Facebook love today so knew that people back home were thinking of me. I loved all of my presents and was grateful for everyone for making my birthday a special one. And to top it off Carys loved her present and I was excited for Discovery Cove tomorrow! I trotted off to bed around midnight feeling happy and loved, the clocks were going back an hour tonight aswel so I was able to sleep an extra hour

Tomorrow you’ll hear about Discovery Cove, me overcoming my fear of being under water and a complete overload of food!

Until then
Old 16 Feb 14, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Manyin
Apprentice Imagineer

Fab day

DLRP 1995, 2001,05,08
Rodeway Inn 2000, Ramada 2002, Hawthorn Suites 2007,09,10,11
Sheraton Vistana 2013,15 & 19 RI@ Pointe 14/16/17/19/22/23/23 LBV 18/22
LV Mandalay Bay 2011 - MGM 14, - Caesars 15, Luxor 16,17,18(x2), 19
Manyin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
skye00
Serious Dibber

am loving your report ps happy birthday xx
skye00 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post
tclaireh
Apprentice Imagineer

tclaireh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Brilliant report so far! What a pain with the rain at MK, looks like your day improved at Epcot, lovely birthday meal & some fab pictures to remind you of your special day with your family!

Love the ring your Dad bought you...I want one

Claire x
tclaireh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 14, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Mamie Baldwin
VIP Dibber

Ooh, I love your tshirt. Was it a park purchase?
Mamie Baldwin is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 14, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Lovely day. Love your dress.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 14, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Awww, sorry your day didn't start out the way you had hoped. But turned out to be a fab day in the end. That ring is so pretty your report is great!
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 14, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Loving your report can't wait to read more
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List