Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
BLDY&McGoos FloridaWedMoon 2013 - Day 8 - Sea Racers, Shopping & Olive

Day 8 – November 14th 2013 – Sea Raycers, Shopping & Olive Garden

This morning we woke at a good time and lay in bed contemplating what we would do today. I had been eager to visit the Grand Floridian marina so that we would know where we would be going on Saturday evening so we opted to head there followed by another one of our shopping trips =]

To keep us going we headed to Ponderosa for our breakfast. We were seated in the same booth as before after paying $17.51 for 2 breakfasts and our usual drinks.
We both went up and filled our plates with goodies, I had a savoury plate first followed by cake! Who can be un-happy eating cake for breakfast! Scott had pancakes and found a sad face in the chocolate chips!

We left at around 10 making our way towards Disney, we were soon pulling up at the beautiful gates of the Grand Floridian where the guard on the gate directed us towards the self-parking section which was just across the junction.
The carpark is just a couple of minutes’ walk back to the main lobby so I took some photos as I went by.

The Lobby was just beautiful and so well themed but Scott decided almost immediately that it was far too posh and we were never allowed to stay here.

Not knowing where the Marina was I asked a CM who was nearby who I don’t think understood what I meant so asked someone else who not just directed us but walked us through the lobby and past the Grand Floridian cafe outside to where it was. In Hindsight we should have just wandered and found it ourselves as it wasn’t far.

We found the boats and I was excited to show Scott the boats used for our cruise that were there and also see the sea racers. We looked at the prices on the board and decided we would go out for a spin when they opened at 11am.

It was a bright sunny day but breezy by the lake so we spent our time looking around the resort grounds and taking photos.
The Groundskeepers were doing some gardening and general maintenance, people were in the pool area, a few people on the boat dock but it was nice just to nosey around & see what the resort is like.

We wondered back round to the Captains Shipyard as it turned 11 & were the first people of the day. There was a skipper cleaning the boats and wiping them down with towels etc whilst we handed over Scott’s ID & read the rules.
There were a few areas we were told to avoid, only the passenger is allowed to take photographs, No wake Zones, Avoid the big boats etc
We were soon life jacketed up climbing into the boat and on our way with Scott the designated driver of course =]

We did a pretty big lap around the lake seeing all of the hotels, Discovery Island, Space Mountain and The castle and generally enjoyed the scenery.

Scott was tormenting me as he knew I was scared so kept turning sharply, well as sharply as you can on these things, but leaning in as he did it so I thought I was going to fall in. He is such a bully with things like that but I survived.
Towards the end of our big lap we got beeped by the coast guard for going too fast in a no wake zone so slowed down a little and then headed back as we didn’t want to spend more than an hour on our little trip.

By the time we docked our little boat back in the Marina we had been out 50ish Minutes but when we went to pay the lady in the booth only charged us for half an hour $34.08 so we were pleased she had saved us some pennies =]

Back Into The Grand Floridian we nipped into a little shop to buy Scott a can of Monster $4.57, then took some nice photos of the Gingerbread house which was just ever so clever.

It didn’t open officially until Saturday but It was a little shop inside that sold Gingerbread which was extremely cute that it had been a tradition that started in 1999!
As we were taking photo’s Scott helped a lady who was struggling with her camera. It just so happened to be the same as our new one. She wanted to know what the best setting was so Scott explained but she was also making the mistake of holding the pop up flash down with her finger!

In fear of Scott breaking something or my awe of the place turning into a very expensive dream we left the lobby and returned to the car in the sunshine.

Scott had wanted to visit Gold’s Gym To buy some gym vests and some supplements so we set the sat nav up and were soon on our way.
We found the Gym at Bayhill Plaza just off the Turkey Lake Road but it didn’t have what Scott wanted. Over the road however was a GNC store which we headed into.
Scott is quite into the gym at the moment & tries to go 4-5 times a week so he was in his element with all the protein shakes & all sorts of things that these shops sell.
He got talking to the manager who was really nice & new his stuff so helped Scott pick the stuff that suited him best. He spent $82.87 In the end but got a good deal buy one get one half price deal and then the manager gave him loads of free samples So Scott was very impressed!

We ate a bag of crisps in the car whilst we drove over to the prime outlets once again and spent a couple of hours shopping.
As creatures of habit we stuck to our favourite shops and bought:
Disney Warehouse – A Sundress (Later Returned) - $20.99
Timberland – 2x t Shirts - $26.63
Rack Room Shoes – 2x Pairs Of Trainers For Scott - $120.35
Aeropostle – A Velour Tracksuit & 2 More Lightweight Hoodies - $95.17

We Left about half 2 & headed back to the condo for the afternoon.
Scott fancied a quick Gym session so headed over to see what he could do there but after 15 minutes he returned saying it didn’t really have the equipment he needed but did take a nice photo!

I put some washing away & took a shower whilst he was gone and then we both started to get ready for an early dinner as we were starving having missed a proper lunch.

Edited at 02:05 PM.
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 14, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
BLDY&McGoo
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
At 6 we were being seated in Olive Garden once again, It really is a great place to eat!
We ordered our usual Chicken Gnocci Soup for Scott & Salad for me too. Today we were super hungry though so also ordered the Lasagna Fritta’s Which were amazing!

Scott wasn’t sure what he really wanted for his main but commented on how he liked the Fettuccine Alfredo he gets with the tour of Italy but he just wanted that so with a bit of explaining to the waitress he ordered but with 2x parmesan chicken Breasts on top to fill him up! He was a bit nervous that they would mess it up but was extremely happy when this huge plate of cheesey, creamy, chicken goodness arrived!

I opted for the lasagne & it was nice but I prefer my own so wouldn’t order it again.

We enjoyed our meals and feeling pretty stuffed we paid up $50.15 ($60 Inc Tip) As we had been very happy once again with the food and the service.

We popped to have a look in TJ maxx but left rather quickly as it was so messy it was getting me annoyed, just as our version TK Maxx does over here.

We then popped into the Dollar Tree Store and I enjoyed having a look around. We bought a selection of sweeties, Shower gel & also slightly more randomly some Betty Crocker Tupperware & some shrink wrap type bags for gift baskets. We also added a donation of a toy to a charity too and spent $12.84

We then headed into target once again which is always a dangerous thing to do but bought A Mickey Watch for my mum for xmas, a Mug for my dad, Disney pens, Skittles, Cake Mixes, Mascara, Hand Sanitizer & chocolates for home but then also brought some more water, monster, bread rolls etc for the condo. Total spent $95.90

It was 845pm so we had clearly spent a while shopping! We always intend to just pop in but it always turns into an hour or so, We did enjoy looking in the Toy aisles though =]
We took all our goodies back home and settle in for the night as tomorrow we wanted to leave at a good time to go to Busch Gardens!

Costs For the Day
Food – $82.08
Shopping – $435.89
Misc (Parking/Petrol/Lockers) - $34.08
Total - $552.05
Running Total Spends So Far - $2431.43
BLDY&McGoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 14, 03:02 PM  
Link to this Post
CurlySue
Imagineer

got to love a shopping Day,

really enjoying your trippie, cant wait for the big day
CurlySue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 14, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Drsmum
Proud to wear my Ears

Really enjoying your trip report , great photos , looking forward to the rest
Drsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 14, 08:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney4Three
Very Serious Dibber

Loving reading your trip report
Thanks for sharing
Disney4Three is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Mar 14, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
princessjilly
Imagineer

Love US supermarket trips!

Great day

Disney Cast Member... Rose And Crown 27th March 2007 - March 2008
Sleepy Hollow 10th September - 10th November 2006

Trippie June 2024
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1271499
princessjilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 14, 12:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Great day shopping & on theittle boat
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 14, 01:32 AM  
Link to this Post
louikane
VIP Dibber

louikane's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Looking forward to reading your wedding day!
louikane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 14, 06:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
A fab chilled day

The boat sounded fun! Nice to see pics as we're doing the jet skiing

btw your title says day 7 instead of 8, just so you know xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Lovely chill day, apart from the sea racer - I don't blame you for being scared. Not my idea of fun being tipped over into the bay lake :p