Notices

Old 27 May 14, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rach86 View Post
Your dining with shamu?. Wow that's another thing I didn't know about! I'll txt you in about 2 seconds lol x
Have you done any research at all or am I just a mega geek knowing a hell of a lot?! xx
lfc_sarah is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 14, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Hiya Sarah,

Was wanting to double check something with you, have you booked your Seaworld tour on the same day as your Seaworld day or are you going back on a different day? We only have one day to visit Seaworld and was wondering if we would be able to do everything in the park and go on a tour?

Trying to cram in as much as possible and this is the only thing i am yet to squeeze in xxx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 14, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

166 Days

Today I booked a few more things!

I had totally forgotten to buy the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party Tickets
I have no idea how I managed to do that! I was sure I had pretty much everything booked!

So I've just done that for Friday 21st November!

I've ordered the tickets to be delivered too because i want the real tickets and for them to come through the door! How exciting!

Also have bought Memory Maker! I was going to do this anyway but closer to the time but seeing as I was booking something today through the Disney website anyway, I thought I may aswell just get that now too and have them delivered at the same time!

Callum had his birthday last week and he got loads of new Disney clothes as well as this from my mum...

It's actually amazing! It fits as hand luggage too if we choose to do that! He has no idea that it's actually for a holiday so we are just letting him think that we will use it for visiting family ect!
We went to visit family this weekend and looks like my grandma, his great grandma had the same idea about buying Callum a suitcase so now he has two!
One quite a bit smaller than the other but both on wheels so we won't be able to take them both as hand luggage! Looks like we have a little decision to make!
He doesn't seem to have realised why everybody is buying him Disney stuff and suitcases but he's just turned 6 so he's not fully clued up yet!
I can not WAIT to tell him!

Thank you for reading!
How is everybody else doing with their planning?! xxx
lfc_sarah is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 14, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
gtyrel10
VIP Dibber

Another fab update!

I cant believe you hadnt booked your MVMCP tickets, was that the date you were hoping for? Good plan getting them and Memory Maker sent together i was looking at ordering our memory maker and picking it up on our first day the postage is crazy prices for UK.

I am loving the Spiderman suitcase, what a little cutie he must think you are all Disney and Spiderman obsessed! His face will be amazing when it all comes together for him. Are you going to get the Photoconnect package for Universal as well?

Keep the updates coming!
Gemma xxx
gtyrel10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 14, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Another fab update!

I cant believe you hadnt booked your MVMCP tickets, was that the date you were hoping for? Good plan getting them and Memory Maker sent together i was looking at ordering our memory maker and picking it up on our first day the postage is crazy prices for UK.

I am loving the Spiderman suitcase, what a little cutie he must think you are all Disney and Spiderman obsessed! His face will be amazing when it all comes together for him. Are you going to get the Photoconnect package for Universal as well?

Keep the updates coming!
Gemma xxx
Ah thanks chick!
I know, me too! I was just going through everything with Michael and showing him what I had booked and what we still had left to book and it hit me that I'd just totally forgotten to order the tickets! Silly me!
It's all done now though so I'm happy!

Michael made a few jokes about it but this is coming from a man who booked a VIP room for the wrong month last year going to Cancun!

Ah yeah it is pretty expensive for the delivery isn't it but I just had to! Haha!
Ohhh yeah I've just been looking at that! That still needs to be ordered! Don't let me forget! xxx
Old 29 May 14, 02:37 AM  
Link to this Post
DapperDisNY
Serious Dibber

DapperDisNY's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I don't know how I missed this Pre-Trip, but very glad I found it.
This is one excellent piece of writing. Those links that bring you to the updates, absolutely brilliant. ( As you can tell, I am kinda new to the DIBB)

Being in the military myself, I can completely understand the issues with booking trips. Some training event always seems to be happening during the days the special events are going on or of the biggest sales.

I see you booked the 14 day park tickets, was this through USA Disney? If so, were you able to get the military discount (stars and stripes I think its called now)

Were you able to get information on the football games?

I know I am writing this a month after you posted, and you may have bought your suitcases already but me and my wife always travel with Dakine bags. Super sturdy, tons of space, and roll very easily.

Day 13 has an excellent lunch choice, Taco Bell! My favorite!

Thank you for sharing! I Look forward to continue reading all of the updates.
DapperDisNY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by gtyrel10 View Post
Hiya Sarah,

Was wanting to double check something with you, have you booked your Seaworld tour on the same day as your Seaworld day or are you going back on a different day? We only have one day to visit Seaworld and was wondering if we would be able to do everything in the park and go on a tour?

Trying to cram in as much as possible and this is the only thing i am yet to squeeze in xxx
How have I only just seen this reply! Eek' I totally missed it sorry!
Yeah we have booked the tour on the same day as our SeaWorld day. I don't think the tour lasts too long. Just checked, the penguin tour is only 45 minutes so out of a full day it's not too much out of seeing everything else. I will probably spend another large amount of time at Empire of the Penguin too!
What tour are you looking at doing?

We may visit SeaWorld again if they release the Christmas dates and we are there on one of the days but obviously will have to wait and see about that as nobody seems to know the dates yet xxx
Old 29 May 14, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DapperDisNY View Post
I don't know how I missed this Pre-Trip, but very glad I found it.
This is one excellent piece of writing. Those links that bring you to the updates, absolutely brilliant. ( As you can tell, I am kinda new to the DIBB)

Being in the military myself, I can completely understand the issues with booking trips. Some training event always seems to be happening during the days the special events are going on or of the biggest sales.

I see you booked the 14 day park tickets, was this through USA Disney? If so, were you able to get the military discount (stars and stripes I think its called now)

Were you able to get information on the football games?

I know I am writing this a month after you posted, and you may have bought your suitcases already but me and my wife always travel with Dakine bags. Super sturdy, tons of space, and roll very easily.

Day 13 has an excellent lunch choice, Taco Bell! My favorite!

Thank you for sharing! I Look forward to continue reading all of the updates.
Thank you so much for reading!
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I feel as though I've waffled on a fair bit and probably bored people!

Ahh yes! The most annoying thing about an army life! What regiment are you in?
We looked at getting discount on things but everywhere we tried seemed only to offer it to US personnel. Did you get anything when you booked yours? We have read a few rumours that you get into SeaWorld and Bush Gardens for free if you are any sort of military bit I have no idea how true that actually is! We have got our SeaWorld tickets with Discovery cove anyway so I'm not too sure it will benefit us at all if it is true as we plan to miss Bush Gardens this time.

Yeah I researched the games, however nobody is playing when we are there! The Dolphins are playing in Miami but obviously that's an 8 hour round trip and no time for it in our plans as we would have to stay over a night! It's definitely one for next time (If there is a next time, I'm sure there will be unless my husband completely hates it)

I haven't bought the suitcases yet, they are still on the list! Our little boy has his so he's pretty much sorted for now! I will take a look at the ones you suggested but we are thinking of going for the Tripp suitcases.

We love Tacos here so I can only imagine how good Taco Bell is going to be! Oh I can't wait!
Old 29 May 14, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
DapperDisNY
Serious Dibber

DapperDisNY's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by lfc_sarah View Post
Thank you so much for reading!
I'm glad you enjoyed it, I feel as though I've waffled on a fair bit and probably bored people!

Ahh yes! The most annoying thing about an army life! What regiment are you in?
We looked at getting discount on things but everywhere we tried seemed only to offer it to US personnel. Did you get anything when you booked yours? We have read a few rumours that you get into SeaWorld and Bush Gardens for free if you are any sort of military bit I have no idea how true that actually is! We have got our SeaWorld tickets with Discovery cove anyway so I'm not too sure it will benefit us at all if it is true as we plan to miss Bush Gardens this time.

Yeah I researched the games, however nobody is playing when we are there! The Dolphins are playing in Miami but obviously that's an 8 hour round trip and no time for it in our plans as we would have to stay over a night! It's definitely one for next time (If there is a next time, I'm sure there will be unless my husband completely hates it)

I haven't bought the suitcases yet, they are still on the list! Our little boy has his so he's pretty much sorted for now! I will take a look at the ones you suggested but we are thinking of going for the Tripp suitcases.

We love Tacos here so I can only imagine how good Taco Bell is going to be! Oh I can't wait!
Boring no way!

Currently I am with the NY Army Guard.
When we book our trips, we do it directly through Disney and they give a % off the total price depending on what resort it is (more for deluxe, less for moderate). Tickets we don't buy until we get there since the only place they offer the discount is there. Egh that's not true, some bases sell the tickets. But they are a far drive, and I am very lazy. As I mentioned before I think its called the star and stripes ticket, or something like that. It's a 4 day park ticket with hopper, last time we went I think it cost $170. There is also some discount that they offer at shades of green if you need more days, but I have never really looked into it. Our trips usually don't last more than a week, so the amount of days are perfect.

Your better off not seeing the Dolphins play, their terrible. I know the few weeks that your in FL, there is definitely home hockey games going on. Tampa Bay Lightning - about an hour away from Disney. Florida Panthers - about 3 hours away from Disney.

I have heard the same rumors regarding the SeaWorld and Busch Garden admission. I think as long as your husbands Mil ID card says active somewhere on it, it should be good.

Get the Baja Chalupas at Taco Bell, those are my favorite.
DapperDisNY is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 14, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
lfc_sarah
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DapperDisNY View Post
Boring no way!

Currently I am with the NY Army Guard.
When we book our trips, we do it directly through Disney and they give a % off the total price depending on what resort it is (more for deluxe, less for moderate). Tickets we don't buy until we get there since the only place they offer the discount is there. Egh that's not true, some bases sell the tickets. But they are a far drive, and I am very lazy. As I mentioned before I think its called the star and stripes ticket, or something like that. It's a 4 day park ticket with hopper, last time we went I think it cost $170. There is also some discount that they offer at shades of green if you need more days, but I have never really looked into it. Our trips usually don't last more than a week, so the amount of days are perfect.

Your better off not seeing the Dolphins play, their terrible. I know the few weeks that your in FL, there is definitely home hockey games going on. Tampa Bay Lightning - about an hour away from Disney. Florida Panthers - about 3 hours away from Disney.

I have heard the same rumors regarding the SeaWorld and Busch Garden admission. I think as long as your husbands Mil ID card says active somewhere on it, it should be good.

Get the Baja Chalupas at Taco Bell, those are my favorite.
Ah, I've just noticed your location! I just assumed that you lived here! Silly me! That's really good that you get discount, if only the UK were as good at showing respect like the US are!

Yeah I've heard that they are terrible too but it was more about the experience of going to see a game. Our next trip will hopefully have some playing nearby so we can watch them!
I don't know too much about Hockey in the US, is it any good?

I will keep the Taco Bell tip in mind! Thank you!