Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander & Slothful Trio Tour Orlando Hotels Day Five

Highlander
Main planner, grouchy at times Me : Steve (aka God "honest")
Slothful Trio
Peacemaker, maid, and chief : Jacquie (aka Wife puts up with me)
Chief spender, shopper, moody : Stephanie (15 aka Daughter & first born)
Chief pain, wind up merchant : Danny (13 aka the "boy" my heir)

Day 5 Monday 3rd July Weather very hot & sunny in low 90's

I get up at 7am, after showering/getting dressed I head for the lobby to get my coffee, also use the internet terminal there to check some online accounts only a $1 for 4 mins, finish off my notes for weekend, then head on back to room. The trio rouse a little after 9am, we breakfast in room using supplies bought in Wal-Mart yesterday, I had also bought glasses so we could drink out of glass rather than plastic, I made sure DS had plenty to drink as it was shaping up to be a hot day, with the benefit of hindsight I should have ensured DD had breakfasted properly read on for more info. After everyone was ready we headed out for wet and wild, like I said it was very hot we walked to the park as no trolley was in sight on the way I noticed DD was not wearing a hat, now before we came on holiday I had warned everyone we would need to drink plenty of fluids and wear hats etc, so after I lectured her got "the look" , and reluctantly she put her visor on. When we arrived at wet and wild I had to present our online paper passes at guest services to be issued day tickets before converting them into annual passes, unfortunately for me the guy in front of me took nearly 30 mins as he wanted some sort of refund which he eventually got but only after 5 members of staff dealt with him, by this time I was pretty teed off and got more teed of when I had to fill out names and DOB for us, info I had already supplied online, eventually we get into park and then we join a queue for AP's by now we have been queuing a total of 45 mins , makes you wonder why you bother to buy online with some places, wet and wild was heaving but they really should have a better system for dealing with complaints and actual sales, while in the queue for AP's DD starts to act weird, after our photos are taken she begins to cry and say she can't see, then proceeds to collapse but still conscious, staff at AP are useless , I threw daughter over my shoulder and then proceeded to trample people out of way to get to first aid, an employee on gate sees me and offers help he radios for assistance and tries to calm me and DD down, DW & DS catch up with us, now this isn't first time this has happened to DD, unfortunately for us DD panics which makes the situation worse, basically this was due to fact of heat and fact the little so and so had not taken enough fluids also she felt unwell while queuing but decided to say nothing, they took DD away in wheelchair to first aid station DW went with her as I was not exactly being sympathetic as I was so wound up, me and DS sat by the lounger's DS drank a full bottle of water think he was scared he would go same way, DS disappeared into wave pool while I fumed alone , after about 20 mins a sheepish daughter appeared with DW, after making sure she was okay I took her to shops outside where she bought a proper cap with her own money and I bought 2 water spray fans as well, once back in the park she felt better and was soon playing in the water with her brother, I bought a refillable cup from the park $9, refills 99 cents, we spent a few hours in the park, I relaxed by reading my book, the kids done some of the slides, but they preferred the wave pool, DW tried the wave pool and read a book as well, as I said before the park was choc a block, sun lounger's and chairs in the shade where all taken, we ended up stealing a table for lunch as no one was using it but they had left their bags there, we had 4 foot long dogs, I had a Bud as well $19 pretty tasty, we left wet and wild about 3pm.

On way back to hotel we shopped in the small shops on strip, DD bought key rings etc for her friends, once back at the hotel we chilled in room for an hour before going back out, we had decided to go back to festival bay mall as DD wanted to look in Hot Topic again and DS had spotted a hip hop shop opposite the mall, we got a trolley to the mall, I tried on a pair of cowboy boot's in Sheplers and was tempted but decided to pass, once in Hot Topic DD spent some $$ we also got her a pair of trousers as a treat and we also bought her trousers etc for her Xmas which she will not get till then, using the 15% discount card saved us some $$. We then headed over to the hip hop store which although it advertised kids clothes they nevr had any in his size so that was a wasted trip, so he wanted to head for Nike, Nike actually had quite a good sale on for the 4th July and we all spent a few $$ there, by now it was 7.30pm and Danny wanted to use the gift certificate we gave him for his birthday at Sky Venture, so we all headed for the trolley stop at Prime 3 trolleys came and went not 1 was going back down I-Drive we waited 40mins for a trolley, an observation I made on this holiday was that the I-Trolley was very sporadic and unreliable also its run by Mears a suspicious mind may wonder if they really want to run a decent service as they also own the biggest taxi firm, we arrive at Sky Venture a little before 8:30pm, we are lucky as there's space on the 8:30 session, DS had a 30 min orientation lesson before hand, we where all allowed to observe him and he loved it he had 4 mins with the gift certificate which was split into 30 second sessions at a time, he also got a t-shirt and DVD of his experience and he loved it best present ever he said, he was hyper after it once we left Sky Venture it was after 9:30pm, we where all hungry and loaded down with bags, so we debated over a sit down meal or take away, kids wanted to just go back to room but as we passed Dairy Queen I remembered I had a couple of BOGOF coupons for their blizzards so we decided to try these, as they also did food we ordered to sit in me and the kids had the BBQ pulled pork sandwich meal and DW had the chicken sandwich meal, plus 4 blizzards total bill $34 as we had the BOGOF coupons for the blizzards ( u get these coupons when u join up their blizzard club, but don’t join up till u are nearly going as they have a limited life span of about 10 days after joining up). After our meal we head back to the hotel, where I discover my charger for my pda is missing, remember the carpet was being cleaned today so I assumed it had something to do with it as it was after 11pm, I decided to wait till morning before reporting it, must admit though I thought I had moved it but couldn't find it at all, we where all asleep by midnight.

The Highlander Hotel Summer Tour Index
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0703(001).JPG
Views:	47
Size:	99.4 KB
ID:	7180   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0703(002).JPG
Views:	98
Size:	82.0 KB
ID:	7181   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0703(009).JPG
Views:	93
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	7182   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0703(012).JPG
Views:	81
Size:	80.9 KB
ID:	7183   Click image for larger version

Name:	2006_0703(013).JPG
Views:	56
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	7184  

Edited at 06:28 PM.
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 06, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post

A scary experience for your DD there, glad she was OK. They won't be told will they!
Skyventure looks exciting, Danny seems to have enjoyed it.
Another good day.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 06, 07:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Your poor DD - but kids just don't listen, sometimes My elsest is current sporting scarlet shoulders as she repeatedly insisted she was OK in the sun we have had today

Glad your DD recovered quickly, and by the sound of it, you all went on to have a lovely day

Love Suexx
Old 16 Jul 06, 07:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a pain standing in line so long... your poor daughter.

Pleased you still managed to enjoy your day

Dawn
Old 16 Jul 06, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post

I'm so glad DD recovered quickly! It must have been a very frightening experience for you all!
Old 16 Jul 06, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
wilma-bride
Imagineer

wilma-bride's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Glad your DD was OK and it didn't ruin your day.
wilma-bride is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 06, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post

What a scary experience when your DD collapsed, glad she was ok. Sounds like your DS loved Sky Venture.
Old 16 Jul 06, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinders Mum
Imagineer
- DIBB Advertiser -

Cinders Mum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
your poor daughter, I have to admit to going the same way, lack of breakfast and gallons of water and I am in pieces, still very scary for you all.

Glad it didn't spoil your day though

HELEN KNOWLES
GOLD PERSONAL TRAVEL COUNSELLOR

T: 01205 804340
E:helen.knowles@travelcounsellors.com
http://www.travelcounsellors.co.uk/helen.knowles

Travel Counsellors Trust Protection on Every Part of your Booking. ATOL Bonded.
Cinders Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 06, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Steve, great trip reports!

When you stayed at Universal is it really just a case of walking on to whatever ride you want and you dont have to queue for very long. This is why I have a night booked at the HRH in October
Old 17 Jul 06, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I bet your DD will drink plenty and cover up from now on! All in all another lovely day.
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List