Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jun 14, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

The ‘When is the last trip not the last?’ Trip, Day 13

Day 13 – The day I ate a lot of puddings

This morning we headed to HS for opening with one aim – to ride Toy Story Midway Mania twice! Our power walk/run was successful and we secured fastpasses for 10.15-11.15.

We joined the short queue for the ride and got pulled through quicker into a separate ‘party of two’ line. I liked this idea. Maybe they should do this for more rides

Earlier in the trip, you may remembering me gloating about my win on this ride. It must be karma, as Ollie won this time. I have no pictures of the scores, so I’ll assume it was only by 100 points or so

Having seen the animation class on many trippies, I wanted to give this a go next as it’s something I had never done before. This class was a big hit with me. Our animator was great and asked for suggestions of which character to draw. It did look like we were going to be drawing Stitch at one point. Sorry Stitch fans, but he is probably my least favourite character. Luckily, someone suggested Sulley and it was agreed upon unanimously.

Now, being a maths teacher, I have very little artistic ability. But I have to say, I think my attempt was half decent.

The animator did go quite quickly though, so I improvised the end!
Ollie went for a single rider go on Rock’n’roller coaster, while I grabbed Tower of Terror fastpasses.

The line for RNRC took a reallllllly long time. So long, our fastpass window opened again, so I got another set of fastpasses for TOT. I think the single rider line was at least as long as the posted normal wait time.

Photo of our 3 FPs. (We couldn’t do this with FP+ )

We had our second go on Toy story, again being pulled into the party of two line. I lost again...

On the way back to use our first lot of TOT fastpasses we grabbed some slushie drinks. Very refreshing in the heat. They were cherry and coke flavours.

I lost count of how many times we rode TOT on this trip, but it was good as ever.

It was time for a little snackaroo, so we stopped in at Starring Rolls again and grabbed a Strawberry Cupcake and Napolean to share.

Both the Strawberry and the Cupcake were massive.

They were both scrummy but incredibly sweet. At this point, I remembered we had the Wishes Dessert party booked for tonight, so we definitely had a sweet treat overload!
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

We had a lunch ADR for Yak and Yeti, so got the bus over to AK.

We stopped for some PP pics and got our first magic shots of the holiday. Unfortunately they were Stitch. (When we got home, Ollie replaced Stitch with Simba in the photo. Much improved!)

The FP return time for Everest was reasonable, so we picked up fastpasses and then went through the single rider line which took about 5 minutes. After coming off the ride we did the decent thing and rode again! I think most people don’t notice this line as it is tucked away round the corner.

Unfortunately, those two goes had made me feel a bit motion sick, so I declined another go and we went to our ADR instead.

There were minor issues of them finding our ADR, they seemed to think it was for later for some reason. I double checked later on and we were there at the correct time. Never mind, they seated us with a 5 minute wait and we had a downstairs table.

We ordered frozen smoothies – mango and coconut (I think!)

For mains we both had the Baby Back Ribs with hoisin BBQ sauce, chicken fried rice and sweet chili slaw.

For some reason, I thought it was a half rack so was surprised when it was a full rack.

I really enjoyed this, but could have done with a bit more sauce.
Puds were the Mange Pie, and of course, the Fried Wontons.

Loved the wontons!

The restaurant is beautiful with lots of decoration

Would we eat here again? Yes, it was a really nice meal. (And I need more wontons!)

After lunch we rode Everest (again!). That was my limit with motion sickness for today so I let Ollie ride a few more times in the single rider line while I sat in the sun.

We got the bus back to POFQ for a chill before heading out to MK for EMH.

Our plan was to get FPs for Big Thunder Mountain for after the dessert party, but the times didn’t work out. As it was nearby, I suggested the Country Bear Jamboree!

This is something I haven’t done yet, and it was definitely unusual. I thought some of the songs were a bit undisney! I did secretly enjoy it though.

It was time to check in for the dessert party, so we joined the line that was forming and found my parents who were joining us.

Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 14, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

We got shown to our seats right at the back of the area. The CM apologised for the ‘crappy seats’, but said most people stand for the fireworks anyway. (I wasn’t expecting her to admit the seats were rubbish).

I booked the party on the night the dates were released. I did notice that the eating allocation seemed to be alphabetical. All around us were the S,T and Ws. Near the front tables were the A, B and Cs. Maybe a coincidence.

Anyway, this is what my first pudding plate looked like:

And some other similar looking plates:

I really enjoyed the dessert selection. I have a sweet tooth so this was right up my street! (Everyone had some fruit on their plate except me! I definitely didn’t go for a healthy option!)

We moved to the edge and stood for the Celebrate the Magic and stayed for the fireworks. You get a great view of Tink flying over the castle from this spot.

There was no photopass photographer which was a shame.
We stayed to enjoy a few more desserts after the fireworks while most people left.

I enjoyed the dessert party, but might give it a miss next time as I’ve done it twice now.

We had some time before the parade started, and I somehow got talked into going on Stitch’s Great Escape. In case anyone was wondering, it was just as rubbish as I remembered. I really don’t get this ride.

We went to grab spots for the parade. This later parade is always less crowded so we weren’t too worried about finding spots.
We were standing in the hub area when they opened up a section that was supposed to be reserved. Hardly anyone had turned up, so we were right in there to claim the amazing spot facing the castle.

I love the night time parades at WDW. I marginally prefer Spectro Magic, but the Main Street Electrical Parade is a classic.
Alice even spoke to me during the parade. Unfortunately, I was having a wally moment so didn’t hear her questions and just smiled and waved back.

It was now officially EMH! First stop was Big Thunder. This was definitely better in the dark.

Splash was closed for some reason, as this would have been a cool one in the dark as well (if not a little soggy!)

It was getting late and I was tired by this point, so we decided that Space would be our last ride tonight (we probably had fastpasses). Like all good plans, we ditched that and rode space again!

As we had done space, that of course meant a go on the people mover. And that of course meant a go on Buzz. (I took a photo of the scores but it’s not in focus. I’m going to assume that I won…)

By this point, we really had to go home as the park was closing!
Being in MK until closing is a brilliant feeling, so totally worth it.
We got back to the hotel around 1.30am.

Rather than having a later start tomorrow, we did the sensible thing of setting our alarms to make it to early opening at Animal Kingdom. (We’re not crazy, honest).

Day 14 - The day I finally got a proper nap!

Edited at 08:41 PM.
Old 8 Jun 14, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
thewatsons
Apprentice Imagineer

Great day x
Four Corners 2014 H27
Highlands Reserve 2019 H27
thewatsons is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 14, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great day x
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jun 14, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by thewatsons View Post
Great day x
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by summersun View Post
great day x
Thanks for reading
Old 19 Jun 14, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Another great foodie day

Joan
Old 26 Jul 14, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A fab day as usual! The wishes dessert party looks great too unfortunately it's not something I can do at the moment as the husband claims not to eat sweets and the little one wouldn't appreciate it just yet!

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 14, 06:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great foodie day

Joan
We definitely managed to eat a lot today! Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by xhallofamily View Post
A fab day as usual! The wishes dessert party looks great too unfortunately it's not something I can do at the moment as the husband claims not to eat sweets and the little one wouldn't appreciate it just yet!
The dessert party would be appreciated more if you have a sweet tooth! Ollie's not a massive pudding fan, but still managed to eat plenty...