Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 13 Jul 14, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post

The most Amazing Ghirardelli West Coast Road Trip Day 11- Drive to Disneyland

Leaving Vegas for Anaheim today.

We have a bit of a lie in but we have a BOGOF for the Luxor breakfast buffet this morning which is before 10:30am.

We still haven't been asked about the resort fee so gingerly use the express checkout at the Excalibur and drop the room cards off in the slot.

But a little while later I get an email with the final checkout bill which says, $0:00. Result for us as the rooms have cost just £25 per night.

Me and Dave get the car from the back car park while we leave the girls with the bags at the main entrance. We find a space just outside and load up Big Bertha and walk over to the Luxor for breakfast.

Well what a disappointment that was! The breakfast buffet is rubbish here, I was really looking forward to this but the food choices was really, really, poor. If fact we struggled to find much to fill the plate. Not good, may be it was bad day there!
The best we had was at the MGM.

Right, back to LA and me and Carole's first trip to Disneyland.

Bye Vegas.

We hadn't bothered with the retail outlet shopping in Vegas as we had seen a new one on the drive on the I15 near Barstow Junction 178 at a place called Tanger Outlets.

It was supposed to be a quick pop in but women and shopping! So 4 days later we are ready to carry on the drive. (it was about 2 hours).
But we did get some bargains.

Before we left we stopped off at an IHOP for a quick bite.

Again it was nice drive back to LA and another stop at a Wallmart for more essentials.

We eventually get to Anaheim and our hotel for the next four nights.
We picked the Baymont Inn Suites a good deal with breakfast for about £45 per room a night.
The rooms are good but a little noisier this time as we're Disneyland and its a busy place. Free parking and WiFi.
Its about a 10 minute drive to Disneyland.

We get our rooms and unpack, freshen up. Its getting to early evening now so head to Disneyland so we can change out ticket voucher for actual tickets to save time in the morning.

We bought our tickets from a site with 3 day hoppers and an extra day free. As it turns out we didn't use the extra day as we arrived later than expected today. The tickets work out at $260 each which is good value as the gate price for a hopper ticket is $150 per day.

We park at the Downtown Disney car park as you get three hours free.

We're at Disneyland.

This is why I love Disney...

Downtown has a really good feel, love that Disney feel.

We walk through Downtown to a customer services desk and exchange the tickets and the lovely lady gives us a first time badge each.

Its well laid out so you walk down Downtown and you have both park entrances one left one right about 200m apart so really easy for hopping.

TIP: I don't find out until the last day but there's a monorail just after the Rainforest Café on the left that can take you to Tomorrow land but you must have a valid park ticket.

Its late now and really any time to do justice to the parks, travelling is tiring, so we head back up to the Earl of Sandwich for dinner and site outside. Nice!

Another fun day!

Tomorrow Disneyland (First time for me and Carole). Can't wait!

TRIP INDEX

Edited at 10:41 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jul 14, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

You still packed a fair bit in, especially as you weren't in walking distance of DL. Reading this makes me want to go back so much
Old 14 Jul 14, 12:09 PM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Lovely day travelling to Disney, I cant believe you only paid £25 for the Luxor, bargain! Shame about the buffet though.

Love the Disney dogs, I may have to purchase that goofy hat for mine!

Really looking forward to reading the next few days !
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 14, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
lovedisney89
Imagineer

Another great day. Look forward to reading about your time in the parks

Las Vegas & California - 2014
Orlando - 2000/2001/2002/2003/2004/2005/2006/2007/2010/2013/2014/2017
lovedisney89 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 14, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
MichelleS
Imagineer

Another fab day

1996 Music - 2004 Sports - 2006 Movies & POR - 2007 Loews Miami Beach & Buena Vista Palace
2008 Fairfield Inn / St Augustine / POR - 2011 Springhill Suites LBV
Aug 2022 Disney All Stars (with Grandchildren)
MichelleS is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 14, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Lovely day travelling to Disney, I cant believe you only paid £25 for the Luxor, !
I wish, no we stayed next door at the Excalibur just had breakfast at the Luxor. But for the money the Excalibur was excellent.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Old 18 Jul 14, 05:58 AM  
Link to this Post

The Luxor has gone down in my opinion and I'm not the only one to say that!
Really looking forward to your Disneyland report - especially from the point of view of those who haven't been before.
I love that stylised geyser fountain they have in Downtown Disney. i so want one for my garden!