Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Jul 14, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

The ‘When is the last trip not the last?’ Trip, Day 15

Day 15

Magic Kingdom, Breakfast at Crystal Palace, Dinner at Narcoossee's

This morning we were up early for our 8.25am ADR at Crystal Palace. We got the bus to MK and were stood in the line for breakfast reservations by 7.45am. They didn’t check if we had a reservation, they just let everyone in the line into the park.

I was worried walking down Main Street as it looked busy, and I wanted quiet main street photos. However, most people went straight to check in for breakfast after a quick photo, so we had a quiet background after all. Plenty of photo pass photographers were out. I snapped away to my heart’s content!

Even Mickey was out!

We happily snapped and posed for about 20 minutes, just enjoying the atmosphere, before checking in for breakfast with Pooh and friends.

I ordered a grown up drink of chocolate milk and proceeded to the buffet. I started with a savoury plate and then a sweet plate. I don’t do mixing food!

Not too many pictures of our plates- buffet plates never look too appealing!

However, this was the only buffet we did this trip, and I remembered how much I hate getting up to get my food!

We saw Pigglet, Tigger and Pooh pretty quickly. It had just gone 9am at this point and Eeyore was approaching. I decided to make a dash to Space Mountain for FPs. I was pretty speedy as I made it back in time to meet Eeyore!

After breakfast I wanted to try out Enchanted Tales with Belle, but was a bit apprehensive as we didn’t have kids with us. There was a short wait but not too bad.
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 14, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

The experience was good fun and must be great character interaction if you have kids. I’m not sure if we would rush back next time, but I’m glad we did it once. Ollie does think that he would make a much better horse than the person chosen though!

I took some time to further admire the Tangled themed toilets. They really are beautiful. I wonder if anywhere else puts this much thought into their toilets?

Our FPs for Space had opened up, so we rode one last time. We also did Dinosaur impressions for the camera, just like on Dinosaur.

It was very hot, so I stopped for a coke float in Tomorrowland. Push the trash can was out talking to guests and we spent some time just watching this interaction.

We headed back to POFQ to start the mammoth task of packing. We’d accumulated a lot of stuff over the past two weeks and wanted to pack now so we weren’t rushing tomorrow.

This ended up taking longer than expected. We did enjoy watching Mrs Doubtfire during the process though!

Part way through we stopped at the food court, where Ollie and I split a chilli cheese dog and some chicken nuggets. We had yet another milkshake.

Ollie, who was in charge of lunch time photography today, was a bit over zealous with the photo taking…

Our ADR tonight was for Narcoossee’s. We caught the bus to MK and then got the boat over.

We were quite early, so spent some time exploring the resort and sat in the lobby listening to the band play Disney songs.

I would love to stay at the GF one day. I had fallen in love with the hotel this trip.

Our ADR was for 7.55pm. We checked in early but had a long wait for the table. The table was in the middle of the restaurant, but we still had a great view across the water.

For mains we both ordered the filet steak and the lobster, but switched the sides. I booked this meal pretty much to try lobster for the first time, thinking it would be right up my street. (I like crab, shrimp etc).

It was a shock. I didn’t like it. It liked it even less when dipped in the butter! I of course tried several bites to make sure of this.

Ollie, on the other hand, liked the lobster, which was surprising. He is not a fish/ crab/ shrimp fan at all. Oh well. The steak was lovely, cooked a perfect medium rare.

We thought with a 7.55pm ADR that we would be finished for Wishes at 10pm, but as we had quite a wait for a table, this was not the case.

Edited at 08:42 PM.
Scruffette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jul 14, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

We ordered desserts, and they arrived with the bill just as Wishes started. I didn’t want to go outside to watch without telling the server- I didn’t want him to think we’d done a runner! He did come back though and we told him where we were going.

The view of wishes was amazing and they piped the music in as well.

The water pageant also went past during dinner. Though I was confused at what point it was going past the GF and when it was going past other hotels!

I had the lemon and blueberry dessert.

Ollie had the famous almond crusted cheesecake.

My dessert was bought over with a ‘congratulations’ chocolate sign on it. Our server said ‘congratulations, though I don’t know for what’. He didn’t ask and then walked off. I had added the celebration onto the booking that it was my graduation. (My teaching graduation was just before we left – I was now a proper teacher!)

During the meal, as it was our last night, we had the conversation about a possible return trip. I was all for another visit, after all I had been used to visiting every 2/3 years growing up. Ollie however said that he didn’t want to come back as we’d done Disney now. He’d maybe come back once in the future with kids, but that was it.

I must admit, this made me very sad and I went quite quiet during the meal. The thought of Ollie not wanting to return to my happy place was very sad

Would we eat here again? I was a little underwhelmed with Narcoosee’s. I think I had maybe expected too much from the meal though. Next time I would like to try California Grill instead.

(Yes, I said next time. Disney magic worked and Ollie changed his mind!)

Unfortunately, as the meal finished late and we had to wait for a boat back to MK, we didn’t make it back to MK tonight. I had only planned to pop in, walk down main street and say ‘goodbye’. This made me even sadder

The restaurant did look beautiful from the boat though.

Instead we got the bus back to POFQ, and went to sleep feeling.

Day 16 - The day we had to go home

Edited at 06:27 PM.
Old 26 Jul 14, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen & LittleD
Apprentice Imagineer

Helen & LittleD's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Aaawww the last night is always sad!

The Xhallo Family's First Magical Trip Report

Jan 2017 - Disney World Florida - Caribbean Beach Resort
Jan 2014 - Disneyland Paris - sequoia Lodge
January 2013 - Disney World Florida -Private Villa
November 2011 - Disneyland Paris - Hotel Santa Fe
Helen & LittleD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 14, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Scruffette
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by xhallofamily View Post
Aaawww the last night is always sad!
I know! I didn't want that day to end...