Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Jul 14, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve- Day Twenty Three -A DHS all dayer!

Previously on Bel13ve ( or ...and Bruce came too) Day 22

If reading for the first time and want to read more please read from the very start -Index here

DAY 23 -Sunday August 18th 2013.

Up early after a later start yesterday
Parked in first row for second Sunday in a row and had an extra spring in the step when the Park opened at 8.33am

We were straight in for Toy Story Mania as a rare walk on - whilst also snagging fast pass for another ride later too.

Headed to Rock and Roller to find it closed - so rode Tower of Terror and once again made use of the ride photo card.

We then headed to the animation place to draw Donald - now this is often overlooked and I have to say we have often skipped it whist the children were younger - however since youngest DS is a bit of an artist we thought this was a must do - we were not disappointed.

En-route we met Minnie

She very kindly signed the canvas which is now in our downstairs loo, this was presented on a clip board and the green card was simply a way of making sure each character only signed their allotted space, our first attempt at this resulted in a massive signature- having had vinylmations signed in the past this proved a rather more difficult task although worth it in the end!

The interaction with Minnie was a fantastic experience, she made such a fuss of the boys - it's those tee shirts again
We managed to get in to the second art/drawing class of the day, and the concentration was such that I forgot to take any pics.
It was a fab thing to do and one we will aim to do again now we know a little more about it.

It was time for another visit to TSM again - Josh won for the second time today - too much practising on the Wii I think .

On exit we went to writers spot for a coffee and a Danish a wonderful place and again a part of DHS that seems to get missed by the crowds - don't tell anyone please, it is such a wonderful place to sit and enjoy a coffee. Keep it to yourself|!
Now for anyone who has read every page of this trip report - you may struggle with the next picture - I actually remembered to take a picture of some food!

However it did not last too long!

We returned to animation hall to see wreck it Ralph and vaneloppe
We then took in the animation film show and then met Jake while I got fp for the now working rock and rollercoaster

Great queue pic too as the boys initials were on view - this was a good one for the end of year calendar!

We then went exploring

The stunt show was next which was much better than we remembered - not as good as the Paris version though!

Back lot tour followed which was as yawnsome as we remembered! However on exit we had one of those moments, now for many families who have woken their kids up and trawled them round the parks and made them sit on rollercoasters etc you generally get the tantrum, strop, tears, yell but not us ( thankfully)

We were given an Oscar, totally unprompted and it was such a telling moment of how great a time we were all having,

Have to admit though we did resist the temptation to part with a few dollars to actually buy the thing - photo was recognition enough - I'm sure all those celebs just let them gather dust on a shelf somewhere !

Animation hall beckoned once again as rain clouds were on the horizon- we joined the queue to meet mickey with fantasmic tee shirts on the boys got the usual excellent interaction.

By now it was raining heavily outside so we joined the line for the four o clock animation class and got another pic with Jake who was also hiding from the rain.

Spot the difference from earlier photo !
Inspired by their drawing experiences the boys bought drawing books - having drawn Donald for the second time today.

Outside to no more rain so we then realised just how hungry we were - a trip to abc comissionary for food- this was followed by monsters inc meet and greet

Now I do hope you notice the time effort and energy I spend planning each trip using so many wonderful people to advise on The Dibb - but it only became apparent that things had just gone too far today!
Alison and I had colour coordinated clothes with Mike and Sully A planning step just too far

Star tours followed with a stop in the shop to buy some lasting momentos from Jedi training - See day 16.

By now our fast passes were available so we headed to rock and roller coaster and yes the ride photo too!

On exit the rain had returned, so opted for the sensible option and waited for five mins or so before heading to TSM to use the sneaky FP I picked up whilst walking past earlier - I do have to admit that I will miss this method of grabbing a FP within minutes of each 2hr window opening- we have always made good use of it and got the maximum out of FP - think we have already used a few today.

Anyway another photo opportunity was made...

Now we do love TSM but this time it was the most horrific experience - we were queued next to the most smelliest woman I have ever ever been near to in my life the boys were close to wretching , I was going for the smelling the back of my hand routine and Alison was doing all she could to escape the scene. I'm glad we were in the FP queue as I could not have done the 120 mins posted outside, She was American and was totally oblivious to the stench that left in her wake - I was now just hoping that people didn't think it was us
As we headed to the loading point we held back just in the hope that the CM would recognise our plight, the thought of following the ride car she was in filled us with even greater horror - we were so glad to avoid the same ride car! It was the type of smell that gets stuck in your nose and you don't get rid of in a hurry ! So I made use of the situation and ensured that normal service was resumed as I won for the first time today!

Had a walk through some of the shops( perhaps with the thought of some shower gel for TSM woman, along the way, got fp for Tower of Terror for after fantasmic - we then sat waiting from 7.45 for the 8.30 show only for the weather to close in. It had been one of those days when the rain was always around and the show was cancelled when the rain arrived at 8.40- we got a taste of fantasmic showing with fire and fire works and by which time it was raining rather heavily. As we left we found an autograph book for a little girl who had every princesses signature - we wrapped it in a plastic bag and put in the backpack so it did not get wet.
We rode Tower of Terror and then again one final time in the dark - with lightning in the distance too - this is such a brilliant ride in the day but at night it really does take on a new lease of 'life'!

I had thought of showing every single one of the ride photos from ToT but I will simply add a big thank you to every person who got in on the act, in making each photo different and making this ride such a stand out in our memories of the whole holiday - we would never have previously thought about buying a ride photo( ever! ) but the atrractions+ card offered so many lasting highlights just from the ride pics.

We then heard the rain hammering down so we left via every shop possible - with two fantasmic Mickeys to provide the entertainment of an impromptu Fantasmic!

The rain looked a bit like this,

We dropped in at guest services to return the autograph book for the girl - I do hope she got it back.CM's showered the boys with stickers for us doing this - I would hope anyone would do the same for us. We had a chat with CM's- they were intrigued as to where we got the tee shirts! As the rain hammered down and the lightning struck- it later turned out that the monorail beam took a hit and nothing moved for an hour leaving mk. We got to the car soaked, but having had a brilliant day in DHS we left 13 and a half hours after arriving and the did something we have never had to do in Florida before - we promptly put the car heater on to dry out!
Quick stop for Cider and then back to the villa for a quick hot tub, shower and wash- boys got to bed just after 11- looks like we need a lie in tomorrow!
A brilliant day.

Bruce Song of the day - Secret Garden ( for the lady who nicked my seat in the travel day and who saw this live in Leeds)
first time it had ever been played in Europe and first time live since 2000!

day 24 is here

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.

Edited at 04:16 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 14, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

glad the song wasn't linked to TSM lady
Old 26 Jul 14, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Neep View Post
glad the song wasn't linked to TSM lady
LOL! and there was me trying to have a subtle reference

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

a great day though!
Old 26 Jul 14, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Neep View Post
a great day though!
Thanks for reading - and for posting too- appreciate it

Old 26 Jul 14, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Didnt think the words 'Toy story mania' and 'walkon' were ever used in the same sentence you're cracking these out at such a pace I think Ive read them in the wrong order. Left a comment on the cider on your next post. Thanks for these reports, really enjoying them
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 14, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
great report
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
A 13 hour classic touring day! A full on day with fun for all but such a shame to see Fantasmic close for weather!

Love the t shirts on the boys and your thoughtful matching 'Monsters Fanwear!'

I do however wish you would refrain from mentioning the place that shouldn't be mentioned! It will be full before we know it
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List