Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Jul 14, 01:07 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bel13ve- Day Twenty Seven - Our Last Full Day - it has to be MK then!

Previously on Bel13ve ( or ...and Bruce came too) Day 26

If reading for the first time and want to read more please read from the very start -Index here

DAY 27 -Thursday August 22nd 2013.

There was an air of sadness, an air of inevitability and air that Joe had eaten Chinese last night
Today was our last full day- having holidayed in a variety of places for a time ranging from just one night to this amazing 4 week trip- the sense of leaving, having had a good time is exactly the same - you simply don't want to go home ( I would add that I have had holidays that I was more than delighted to return home from but none to the USA)
Magic Kingdom, is special, like it or not - I have stated before that Disney should be my worst nightmare, as I hate corporate bull and carp.

I just lose myself in everything that America has to offer, NOT just Disney, Universal etc I am equally sucked in by the whole thing - it is what makes going on holiday there so memorable and it is something that I begin to yearn for the minute I step back on a plane to come home - that minute was just 1440 minutes away from being a reality.
Today was when the Magic in the Kingdom came to us.

The boys wee in the pool early in order to enjoy for one last time, they swam whilst we finished the packing and cleaned the villa - we always like to leave a place in the state we found it.
so by the time we rolled up at MK we knew we were good to go tomorrow morning - you can see what is going to happen her can't you

We were ready for what the next few hours were about to bring - it was 1 pm as we entered.

Today was made for moments like this one -

Casey's corner was a first stop for some nachos - it was much needed.
We headed to BTM for a Fp and rode Splash Mountain - we did queue longer than my preferred 15 min rule but it was the last day! At the exit point we then saw the Celebrate a Dream Come True Parade - it had started in the opposite end of the park and it was simply a moment to savour.

The biggest moment was captured on video - as the Fairy Godmother said goodbye to Josh - yes the words were " Goodbye Josh" He noticed it first and drew me in - I was spellbound, I was videoing and had to put it down - she simply dragged us in. She continued to say it until we both acknowledged it captured on video and "thank you" from us both.
Bel13eve in the magic - WOW! two little boys did there and then - one was 9 and the other had turned 40 a couple of years ago -
His reply - "How did she know it was my last day?" How did she know his name? - it was on his T. Shirt
The moment was lost on Joe and Alison, who were watching closer to the front - amazing, magical and made the hairs on my neck stand up when it happened and do so again in typing this. It was a moment neither of us will ever forget.

Joe and Alison lifted our jaws from the floor once we had watched it for the very last time, as we tried to explain the events of the last few minutes, A parade I had originally little time for , yet it grew on me. As it left I knew what it was that was so brilliant, The Music, the photo opportunities, the watching it when you really didn't want to and the rain experience too. BUT, more than anything it was simply good to wave it goodbye Having been denied the opportunity of seeing Spectromagic ever again and the sad way in which it was never seen again - no ceremony, no last run Still missed

We drew ourselves together to ride PotC and to continue with a not done in a long time theme we visited the Tiki Room - after Ellen yesterday we were feeling brave and we were not disappointed - we still thought it was a waste of time
However - we reserved the next bit for the only ride I insist I will only photograph the best bit.

As you can see from the pic I was on my way there rather hastily when I took the photo.
Josh insists we do it as it is a Walt original - I'm not sure what Walt was on but I guess it expanded his mind a bit
I bloody hate this show, yes it is air conditioned, as I have grown older I can understand what 'country ' music can offer but the Bears leave me at a loss

I enjoyed the exit, as did two other members of our party We were well mannered and waited until the cutain nearly reached the stage!

Fp for thunder was now available for use - this could become a great ride photo opportunity if Disney plugged into the attractions + thing - it cries out for a ride pic.

We were now on a mission for the next hour or so.
Emporium shopping saw another last minute spend( how many of them have we had in the last week)
The shopping was punctuated by something I have always wanted to see- flag drop - it is on the park hours every day and perhaps if not American we do not give the reverence or notion that there is a ritual about the national flag.
5pm
This was another special moment. A Beautiful ceremonial flag drop with a member of the US armed forces taking the flag.
If you have not seen it - it gives a greater insight into the people who live in the USA, their belief in the flag, the anthem ( sung always with complete belief) and their dedication to what it means to be American.

With apologies to my family - if we ever go again/ when we go again we will be watching this together.

You can sense the pride from every American watching

We headed back to the hub for our last
'Dream along with Mickey ' - for anyone reading the final part of this trip report I guess you will need to head back to our reveal in the pre trippie bit to see the symbolism - we had to do it, it brought that reveal back to life for us all and it simply made us stop, sit and enjoy everything around us.
I have said it before, but the slower you go the more the magic comes to you - today had once again shown that already but when you simply slow it all down i.e not push to the front, not be on the march to the next thing not to always be doing - there are significant moments to be had - it is not about doing stuff - it is about breathing it all in, experiencing everything you have spent so long dreaming of, and then actually enjoying the reality. It is very difficult to do this on a Florida holiday as you keep seeking the next adrenalin rush, that is the nature of a holiday there.
We went walking again up to The Hub of MK

Which was followed by the move it shake it celebrate it street party

Donald moment for Joe - his most favourite character.

Through the Castle to Philharmagic
intending to keep us dry from the impending shower- all the way to the end of the row !

We kept checking the wait times for Belle, with an intention of seeing her again - yet with such a perfect experience interaction earlier 'the family' decided that I would not be subjected to such an experience after a 40 minute . We also did not want our memory of the other visit spoiled. One night stand it was to be then

We used the time wisely, riding Small World and we then grabbed some tea at Peco Bills. Sorry Belle - I did try!
We were currently all over the place! Trying to do too much and with so little time, we needed to sort out what we were actually going to achieve in the next few hours
We went to speak to the main man personally - he didn't say much - this time maybe next time.

We then stood in Town Square and waited for MSEP - sharing some minute maid frozen lemonade - beautiful stuff.
We then had the parade - which was 100 times better than experienced last year - yep our last night and I never thought I would watch it again it was such a heap of trash last year - I was proved wrong , it had received the TLC that Spectro should have been deserved!

Our night was different than that - we met two people before the parade.
A man from Chicago and his carer - they were stood next to us for the whole parade.
He wanted to see Goofy, told us of his week at Disney, his character moments and he needed to see him again tonight before returning home.
His carer was a guy with links to Birmingham, but had been in the States for a while and whose job was to be a holiday carer.
We shared the parade float by float, it was a privilege - a 30 + yr old man with high order autism sharing this with me and my family. His carer glad of the distraction, I think, but a parade we will all never forget. He was such a font of Disney knowledge and he had lived his dream in coming to WDW for 5 days.
You know there are moments in your life when it becomes life affirming - this was one - he commentated over the video, he talked about things that were inappropriate for the kids to listen to, he spoke a lot of sense, he gave us great facts about goofy.
BUT..
He was himself for the whole time we stood beside him - apologies from carer not needed for language or anything - he was simply enjoying his moment at WDW as he had spent many years dreaming, wishing and organising it. We were all in awe of him. Yet, He was in awe of the kids and their love of the place and they knew the answer to some of his questions too
Main man - never forgotten xxx the whole parade will make us remember you every time from now on.
The much improved MSEP looked a bit like this...

We followed it up Main Street, the end was near and we all sensed it, there was a lot of hand holding and very little said. We all soaked it up and enjoyed the MSEP in a different guise, in the distance!

We found a new place to stop for Wishes - too many heads in the way but a better wide range spot for pics.

There remained no need for words we were all suffering

But the walk down Main Street was the killer once again -we kept walking this time, no looking back and trying not to let the huge golf ball in the throat take over- and then we got to Town Square.
We looked, we longed, we remembered.
We have been such lucky people for such a long time.

It was time to go home - and that time in leaving Magic Kingdom is not a good one.

Bruce Songs of the day - Thunder Road and BTR

Going home Day next

Edited at 08:02 PM.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Loulabelle18
slightly serious Dibber

Did you mean to make me sob all the way through that? Cos you did! Know what you mean about the flag ceremony, its one of my favourite things to see. A great, if emotional last day
Loulabelle18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 09:07 AM  
Link to this Post
joanna23
Imagineer

joanna23's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
Mobile

A very emotional day with some very personal and special memories. As the true US Girl Scout that I am (a misspent Summer as a Camp counsellor) it is with pride that I can perform the official flag ceremony - they made us do it every day! Main Street is waiting for you again xx
August 2006 RPR & Rosen Plaza; August 2008 RPR & Regal Sun; August 2009 RPR & Buena Vista Palace; July/August 2010 RPR & SSR; July/August 2011 & 2012 Loews Miami Beach, RPR & SSR; 2013 SSR & RPR: 2014 Rosen Plaza, SSR & RPR; 2015 Renaissance, RPR & SSR;2016 Cabana Bay, SSR & RPR; 2018 CB, Portofino, SSR 2019 St Petes, Renaissance & SSR
joanna23 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jul 14, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

Think you need to read the 1st bit again , I'm sure the boys used the toilet
Good day
Old 27 Jul 14, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by P&S View Post
Think you need to read the 1st bit again , I'm sure the boys used the toilet
Good day
Lol! Great spot - you have obviously been reading carefully! Think I may have to await free wifi before I fix it:-)

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jul 14, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
bawling for so many reasons!

A very special day all round!
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Jul 14, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
anniebee65
Imagineer

Stupid me for reading this trippie back to front. I am barely holding it together here!

You have perfectly summed up with WDW and in particular MK means to all us Dibbers. Fabulous, fabulous read
anniebee65 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Sep 14, 12:38 AM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Reetser View Post
bawling for so many reasons!

A very special day all round!
On reading back again I am too- a day we will never forget

Originally Posted by anniebee65 View Post
Stupid me for reading this trippie back to front. I am barely holding it together here!

You have perfectly summed up with WDW and in particular MK means to all us Dibbers. Fabulous, fabulous read
Thank you so much

You can read this trippie from front to back or back to front but I really appreciate anyone who has posted a comment on any of the days. So glad to have a complete report to share with everyone and another one in the making!

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=812105

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.