Notices
General Trip Reports Reports that don't fit in to the other categories

Old 11 Aug 14, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Just Keep Walking! Toronto May 2014 Day 5

Friday 9th May

I got up around 7:30, had a shower, dried hair and got dressed. I had the Canuck again for breakfast, again it was very good. I had a shopping morning planned for today, so left the hostel at 9:30, arriving at the Eaton Centre at 9:55, just before anything opened. I found some free wifi again (Thanks Apple) and waited for things to open. I knew I wouldn’t be buying much, I never do as I’m a big girl and can never find anything I like.

I went to Old Navy (I love ON) and bought two tee shirts. I was considering a third, but decided to have a wander and think about it. Had a look at the iPads in the Apple store, I always go in to have a play with them, had a quick look at the price as my Nexus was playing up back home. Took a couple of pictures of all the different ones and their prices as I had seriously started to consider one.

I have to be careful though as I can get quite reckless and impulsive. I wanted to check they would be under warranty in this country, and how much cheaper they were, and if I would get away with not paying extra if stopped at customs at Gatwick. I’m reckless but also a born worrier.

Managed to buy myself more hand sanitizers in Bath and Body Works, must use them more as I have about 5 more bottles to use! They’re just to cheap and there are so many varieties!

Fountain in the Eaton Centre.

I had another bowl of poutine for lunch, and started to think about making tracks. I wanted to visit the World’s Biggest Bookstore, with its 12 miles of bookshelves. Posted something on Facebook about it and one of my Canadian friends replied saying it had closed down in March. Nooo.

The saddest sight a book-lover can see.

I went back to Old Navy, purchased the third tee shirt, and made my way back to the hostel, where I read for a while before getting ready to go to my first baseball game. My third tee shirt purchase had been a Toronto Blue Jays tee, and I put that on, then realised I was chilly. A quick look out the window confirmed that it was raining. Sigh. On with the jacket then. It had stopped by the time I left but it was still a bit chilly.

I left just after 6:15, with the game scheduled to start at 7.07 (I don’t know why the odd times) and arrived at the stadium with enough time. The gate that I had to use was, of course, right round the other side, and then as I had cheap seats, it was a huge climb up 6 big ramps. When I had bought the tickets, I had been very pleased to see a seat on its own on an aisle at the front. I was in section 524b, row 1 seat 1. This was right behind the catcher and home plate, quite a good view but I did have to spend the game leaning forward to see over the rail in front of me.

My first impressions – I find it odd that many people don’t turn up until the 2nd or 3rd inning, and then they spend a lot of time up and down to get drinks and food. Second impressions – 3 hours for a baseball game? The Jays lost to LA, 3-4, and the game finished at 10.10. I followed the crowds and ended up at union station where I got a subway and streetcar back to the hostel. I finished my book and went to bed.

CN Tower by night.
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 14, 12:38 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I loved the Eaton Centre, but it was so busy the day we went we only managed a couple of hours before we had had enough.xx
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 14, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

Do you have a blog, I'd love my daughter to see all that you are doing in case any is of interest to her.