Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 15, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by tikka234 View Post
Were doing all disney univeral studios IoA and seaworld brusch gardens and aquatica
Then clearwater beach one day and an airboat ride which will be am
It's doable but other than the 2 days you need to allow for MK you won't really have much scope for return visits. I assume it's 15 nights? You don't really need to do all water parks as they're not attractions as such and really just a place to relax. Personally I wouldn't do Busch Gardens either (and SeaWorld would be on the maybe list). If you really want to squeeze everything in you could do:

MK 2 days (2)
AK 1 day (3)
Epcot 1 day (4)
DHS 1 day (5)
US & IOA 2 days (7)
Clearwater 1 day (8)
Airboat ride am/water park pm 1 day (9)
SeaWorld 1 day (10)
Busch 1 day (11)

That leaves 3 days to revisit parks or relax which could include water parks and/or shopping. You can always revisit parks in the evening (a good time to go to World Showcase in Epcot) if you have hopper tickets.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
itsrachelhere
Imagineer

itsrachelhere's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Hmmm its pushing it my opinion (and that's coming from someone who has been criticised many times for trying to fit too much in!). Here's another thought... is there any reason you can't go for longer than 14 nights? The main costs are the tickets and the flights, and they will be the same whether you are there for 14 nights or 21. If you could squeeze in two or three extra nights that could really help.
itsrachelhere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by itsrachelhere View Post
Hmmm its pushing it my opinion (and that's coming from someone who has been criticised many times for trying to fit too much in!). Here's another thought... is there any reason you can't go for longer than 14 nights? The main costs are the tickets and the flights, and they will be the same whether you are there for 14 nights or 21. If you could squeeze in two or three extra nights that could really help.
Were there for 16 nights flights booked so have 14 full days
tikka234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 09:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Bridget
Imagineer

We do 3 or 4 parks a day. We are on the go from 7am until 10pm (we can't stay up much later!) and use the water parks as "relaxing time".. lazy river for 20 minutes is about as far as it goes for relaxing.

But that's just us - we like to be on the go.

Plan it right and you will get everything done. Write down your must dos and get those done early on in your holiday. We always get to a park for rope drop and then we can ride our favourite rides 2 or 3 times each before the park gets too rammed. As soon as a park gets busy we leave and go to a water park. Back to a main park in the evening for more fun. Love it!
Old 24 Aug 15, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
THECRAZYMOUSE
VIP Dibber

You will be able to do it but it will not be a relaxing holiday for our once in a lifetime trip last year we did (it was in the end of October beginning of November)
MK 1 day visit, 4 afternoon and evening visits ( 2 Parties Christmas and Halloween )
HS 2 day visits 1 evening
AK 1 all day
Epcot 2 day visits
BB 1 day visit
Disney crazy golf
Universal 1 day each park
Discovery Cove
SeaWorld
Day in Clearwater
We were tired after Lisa
THECRAZYMOUSE is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sew109
Imagineer

You can not do everything in two weeks without rushing. As you are off resort you will need to drive and park Magic kingdom will take you at least 30minutes from parking to park entrance more in busy times.

I don't know when you are going but I assume school holidays and you will spend loads of time queuing once you have used your three fast passes up.

If it's the summer you will not be able to keep up the pace for many days it gets very tiring.

Going in a big group will slow you down a lot if you plan stay together and only a little if you make plans and go off and meet for lunch say. Different people have different food and toilet needs and as this holiday is one off I am assuming that lol parents will want their kids to stop and see what they want to and this will differ from child to child.

We are going to DLP in a group of 20 next year but we are all close can't offend exh other and I expect will do a lot of own thing and just meet up in the evening or for lunch. The pain with this though is that say you re meeting for lunch at 1.30 and one set of people start queueing for Thunder Mountain at 1pmthey may not get to you until 2pm where everyone else has eaten and you may waste time waiting for them. Going in a group is brilliant but make rules before you start and make sure you are close enough so that you can't offend each other
Sew109 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lou Lou think
Proud to wear my Ears

It will be very busy. You will just have to accept that you won't be able to do everything that you want to do so remember your 3 p's. Planning, prioritise and passes. The fast pass system makes it a lot easier to get lots done if you plan it right. At the end of the day, it is your holiday so just make sure you enjoy it.

We went back in April with my parents and had a busy 10 days there at parks every day but we knew that we had a 4 day cruise to recover. I did not realise that my poor Dad was going to struggle as much as he did and I did have to slow the pace down part way through. With the my disney experience, it is very easy to change plans as you go along.

Good luck with the planning and have a great time
Lou Lou think is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
tinkerbelll
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Personally with a 4 year old I think you are taking on too much. I would feel very parked out myself with that itinerary never mind with younger kids in tow. I would stick with disney and possibly us and ioa and leave it at that. If you find you have time for seaworld etc you can buy tickets out there. most villas are not that 'close' to the parks, they may say 15 mins to disney but this is the gate into wdw and doesn't include time needed for parking and queuing to get in. Everyone is different and you might like just doing a few rides or attractions in each park but I like to get my money's worth out of each park.
tinkerbelll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:57 PM  
Link to this Post
tikka234
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tinkerbelll View Post
Personally with a 4 year old I think you are taking on too much. I would feel very parked out myself with that itinerary never mind with younger kids in tow. I would stick with disney and possibly us and ioa and leave it at that. If you find you have time for seaworld etc you can buy tickets out there. most villas are not that 'close' to the parks, they may say 15 mins to disney but this is the gate into wdw and doesn't include time needed for parking and queuing to get in. Everyone is different and you might like just doing a few rides or attractions in each park but I like to get my money's worth out of each park.
Thanks we gave 4 year olds one has diabeties has a pump so will have to have more breaks
Trouble we like all the parks we have discounted wetnwild now
But as kids ages range from 4 -15 this will hold us up hopefully little ones will stay with us leas daring members of groupand older more daring ones go off to do bigger rides

Edited at 01:59 PM.
tikka234 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post

I have to agree I think you're trying to do too much. Yes you could do it, but you will all be shattered. Be prepared to have to put up with some very tired and hot miserable children, It is really hard to get your head round how big the place is. Magic Kingdom alone is a two day park. You will be doing so much walking and in the heat and humidity expect to be absolutely drained at the end of each day.

I personally would say do Disney and Universal and miss out Busch Gardens, Sea World, etc or leave out Universal and do SeaWorld, etc. Also the idea of Clearwater is great but we're on a third visit and this is the first time we're going to Clearwater as we have had so much to do in Orlando.

You have to take into account driving time to the parks and even the time getting from your car to the park. With a small group that's time consuming enough but 13 of you with 7 children will slow you down. Remember as well that getting from one park to another takes time it's not like nipping up the road.

If you are set to do everything, then be prepared with lots of planning, I can really recommend a website called touringplans. They have some really great plans for the parks and you can taylor make them to suit you. We used it on our first visit and it was great, we managed to fit loads in. Make a list of the rides that are priority, use your fastpasses and make use of the parks being open until late as well as early starts. Try as much as you can to get some serious rest time too. We tend to use the water parks as a rest day, so you could go in the afternoon after doing say MK in the morning.

Good luck.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread