Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Aug 15, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
langside
Very Serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 54
Originally Posted by GIRLPOWER View Post
Thats really helpful. Not sure what to do now as we are flexible with flight dates over the 6 week august hols and want to go for 3 weeks.

Wanted to spend 1 week on site on arrival so we can get airport transfers and not need car hire for the first week.

ot having flights booked is such a pain
You have until 20th Oct to receive the free DDP with Disney direct or 3rd Nov if you go via Virgin Holidays for a package & by then more flights will be available for Aug and you might be sorted
langside is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Do they let you swap resorts as well as dates if they have availability in others with DDP rooms? SSR was a similar price and that then increases the odds.
Yes you can. If the new price is cheaper than the old then you'll need to may the admin fee but otherwise it's waived. Free dining is available until the 3rd November although the gift card offer ends on the 20th October so you have until then.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancat
Excited about Disney

Thats really helpful. Not sure what to do now as we are flexible with flight dates over the 6 week august hols and want to go for 3 weeks.

Wanted to spend 1 week on site on arrival so we can get airport transfers and not need car hire for the first week.

ot having flights booked is such a pain

this sounds like my plan! We are staying a week onsite at OKW (no car, using free transport to get from airport) for our first week then hiring a car and a villa for our second 2 weeks. We have booked OKW 30th July - 6th Aug 16 but we dont have flights yet either. The lady at WDW said, as others have confirmed, that as long as our overall cost doesnt go down then we can amend our booking foc. If the overall cost goes down then there is a £50 admin fee.

DLP - Newport Bay Club - June 2012
OKW/ASM/RPR - July 2016
The 'Don't panic - we've got this' Trip report July 2016 **COMPLETE**
Dancat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by langside View Post
You have until 20th Oct to receive the free DDP with Disney direct or 3rd Nov if you go via Virgin Holidays for a package & by then more flights will be available for Aug and you might be sorted
You have until 3rd November to book free dining direct with Disney too. It's the $100 gift card that ends on 20th October

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Dancat View Post
this sounds like my plan! We are staying a week onsite at OKW (no car, using free transport to get from airport) for our first week then hiring a car and a villa for our second 2 weeks. We have booked OKW 30th July - 6th Aug 16 but we dont have flights yet either. The lady at WDW said, as others have confirmed, that as long as our overall cost doesnt go down then we can amend our booking foc. If the overall cost goes down then there is a £50 admin fee.
Snap! Unless the return flight is from Miami then we would have the last leg at Key Largo or similar and I want to fit a night a RPR in somewhere.

I have not made any Villa plans either because of not knowing the dates! Booking a Disney holiday takes over my life, I love it as much as being there ... almost
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Dancat
Excited about Disney

Snap! Unless the return flight is from Miami then we would have the last leg at Key Largo or similar and I want to fit a night a RPR in somewhere.

I have not made any Villa plans either because of not knowing the dates! Booking a Disney holiday takes over my life, I love it as much as being there ... almost
oo0h yes we looked at staying at the Keys for a bit but it got out of hand very quickly so now we're sticking with Disney/villa. (unless, like you, return flight is Miami ). I have about 25 villas on my favourites list so hopefully at least one of these will still be available when I've booked the flights. We also looked at a night at Universal for the FOLP but we decided against as we dont have much planned in our last week (it was supposed to be for chilling out but know from experience we will be climbing the walls after a day) so will spread out or Universal time to get everything done. I am also tied to our plans now somewhat as travelling with me, DS (12) and DD (10) is the kids dad (and my ex husband). He as a strict budget for his half and we have reached it so that is stopping me from getting out of hand - which isnt a problem as I have already decided that we will just have to go again in a few years to do anything we dont do this time

DLP - Newport Bay Club - June 2012
OKW/ASM/RPR - July 2016
The 'Don't panic - we've got this' Trip report July 2016 **COMPLETE**
Dancat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyNikki
slightly serious Dibber

Well that is it I have bit the bullet and booked!

OKW for 7 nights in a deluxe studio, Free DPD and $100 gift card.

On 6th to 13th August 2016 for 4 adults (boys are that age now!) its a total of £2646.00 (inc. park tickets)
:w iggle:
DisneyNikki is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Brilliant

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Aug 15, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread