VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Talking OB Goes to Orlando - Day 5 - Universal & a Surprise

Thurs 23rd

After our early finish yesterday we were rearing to go this morning. Mam and dad stayed ‘at home’ and we went off to Universal – got to try out those annual passes some time !

We decided to hit IOA this morning and let the girls chose first – so it was straight to Seuss Landing and ‘One Fish, Two Fish’ which had been a firm favourite last time. Only a 5 minute wait and needless to say we all ended up getting wet ! Onto the Caroseussel next (walk-on) and Cat in the Hat (5 minutes) which both the girls loved !

We went to exchange our paper tickets for proper passes so that we could get discount on lunch with my preferred AP (well it would be rude not to) Was disappointed we didn't get our parking fee refunded as we had at Disney though ! Then onto Duelling Dragons (well, Steve did – I couldn’t be bothered to walk all the way through the queuing system, its miles !) I just sat in the sun under a fan and chatted to Merlin Next we had our customary early lunch– this plan was working really well for us on park days – in the Enchanted Oak before heading to Spidey and the Hulk. Unfortunately by this time the wait for Spidey was 30 minutes so we decided to leave that for another day and Steve decided to go on Dr Doom again to see if they’d improved it – they hadn’t ! Then it was my turn – The Hulk beckoned – was the wait time too long? Nope- only 10 mins In fact it was less than that – as a single rider I managed to skip ahead of most of the wait. I love this coaster (although Kraken does come pretty close) - the take off has to be the best around.

Time for a little shopping – gotta use that discount – and some Shrek merchandise. The girls both bought a Princess Fiona doll We had to head off after that as I had a little surprise planned for everybody that evening. Mam and dad had raided the local Publix so the fridge was jam packed and we ate in.

Just after 6pm we all piled into the car and I drove to the TTC where we boarded the resort monorail – destination the Polynesian. We had a look around the impressive lobby before heading out to the Marina – via the Volcano Pool – wow, was I looking forward to staying there ! There we met up with a family from the DIS with whom I had arranged to share a Fireworks Cruise (couldn’t get an Illuminations Cruise). What a fantastic way to spend an evening ! Our ‘Captain’ gave us a guided tour around the Seven Seas Lagoon and into Bay Lake. Loads of interesting facts and information – but I loved the Dudley Bear in the windows of the Wilderness Lodge – wonderful piece of planning! Finally we stopped in front of the Magic Kingdom for the fireworks. What an amazing view ! Wishes was fantastic :clap

We are all agreed that was the best view of Wishes we had the whole trip. We headed back to the Poly and then back to the Villa with two very tired little girls and four very happy grown-ups :bouncy

Next episode – rest, relaxation & dinner with a whale.

Day 6 - Dinner with the Whale
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Edited at 10:56 AM.
Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 03, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a lovely day there, the firework cruise sounds a lovely way to end the day.
Old 26 Nov 03, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Sounds great - I want to go on your holiday - two day 5s. I bet I only get one day 5 on mine!

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 03, 10:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 04, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarey
Imagineer

Tracey how did you book the wishes cruise?
Clarey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Mar 04, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I actually shared a cruise with an american family from the DIS who had already booked it.

Specialty cruises can be booked up to 90 days in advance and there is a 24 hour cancellation policy. Call: (407)-WDW-PLAY