Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
OB Goes to Orlando - Day 10 - Swimming in the Rain

Tuesday 28th – what is that strange wet stuff ?

Time for a well earned lie in after a busy day at Epcot – hah – no chance ! Not with my two girls ! By 7am they’re in our bedroom nagging to go in the swimming pool again ! This morning I’m nasty to them and tell them to come back after 8 o’clock ! We decided to go to Typhoon Lagoon today for a change of scenery and mam & dad are going to Kennedy Space Centre. Now we’ve been here 9 days and not a drop of rain, switch on the local news to see how hot its going to be today – only 79 degrees, hmmmm, and what’s that – rain ? ! Its not due til the afternoon so we decided to stick with TL and load up the swimming stuff into the car. Wave goodbye to mam & dad after rechecking their directions at least 10 times and set off via Sherberth Rd of course! Its quite cloudy but the car park is pretty busy (mostly Brits of course!) so we decided to head in anyway ( I have to buy a ticket as my AP doesn’t include waterparks but at least I get a discount). The girls love TL, they love the big waves – even though they scare me silly – the lazy river is a big hit and once I convince Annabelle that Rachelle’s a wimp and the slides are not too scarey she’s hooked

Disney have finally managed to find a way to make us part with more cash at the waterparks – lazy river, raft slides all have photographers IN the water. How do they manage to give people paper tickets with numbers on in the wet? Waterproof wristbands lol !

About 2:30 Steve and I decide its getting a bit chilly and much to the girls’ disgust haul them out of the water to get some lunch. Just as we sit down it starts to rain so we finish lunch, grab a waffle sundae (yum! ) and head home.

I was really surprised to find mam & dad already back at the villa. They were really, really disappointed with Kennedy – it was the one place they had definitely wanted to visit but both said they wouldn’t bother again. With them being of the generation they are (60ish) they grew up with the space race and were really looking forward to it. Them being back early had its advantages – they volunteered to babysit so Steve and I could go out for a meal – together ! We both knew where we wanted to go – Teppenayaki at Epcot - our favourite sit down restaurant.

We didn’t bother ringing for a PS and got to the restaurant about 8pm – it was raining and loads of people were trying to get tables and being turned away. I guess we were lucky as there were only 2 of us and we managed to get a table about 40 minutes later. Meanwhile we sampled the cocktails in the bar (well Steve only had one beer as he was the designated driver lol!). We shared a table with a family from Liverpool and a (male) couple from Melbourne, Fl who had popped over for the evening for the Food & Wine Festival. We had a really good chef, he kept the two young daughters amused (I’d never really thought of it as a good place to take children) and kept up a good rapport with all of us.

A couple more cocktails and steak and shrimp combos later and we were well and truly stuffed ! As we left the restaurant I realised that the park was now closed and was deserted ! It was really strange ! It had been raining and everywhere was wet and there was nobody around except CMs - really strange to see the park so empty. We just tool our time walking from teh very back of the World Showcase to the front entrance - nobody rushed us, lots of people cleaning up calling out good night to us
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 04, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post

l am loving your reports

(I’d never really thought of it as a good place to take children)
I was taken there when I was 7 and again when I was 12. I really didn't like it, but saying that when (if) I go back now that I am 18 I would try it.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 04, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

..we took my mum and dad at Easter (they came on our first trip a few years ago, too), but as they don't drive, they were pretty dependant on us for their itinery... obviously your folks have significantly more independance, but what a shame they didn't have such a good time at Kennedy? (although I wouldn't go again!)

Great having baby-sitters on call, though, isn't it?
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List