VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Talking OB Goes to Orlando - Day12 - MGM & Fantasmic

Thursday 30th October

Today was ToT (Tower of Terror) day – I can’t believe we’d been there this long and hadn’t ridden our favourite ride yet ! This was the first place we headed for – only one side was working so the standby line was already 30mins – thank heavens for fastpasses ! We hopped over to Rock n Roller coaster – Steve’s not so keen but I like it and we got to go on together – no baby swaps required when mam & dad are with us. Back to ToT – still as good as ever ! The random drop sequence adds to it again.

Next our first encounter of the day with rude Americans - now if you’re going to have a domestic you don’t do it in Disney with hundreds of people walking past and certainly not with the language that this couple were using (and in front of their own young children!) They seemed to follow us around for half the morning- still arguing at the top of their voices.

Off to Ariel – Annabelle’s favourite – we timed it just right to get fastpasses for the next show. Encounter number two with rude people – we followed a group of 6 adults into a row and they promptly stopped in the middle, we stood waiting for them to move along or be moved along by a CM. One of them asked my dad ‘what he was ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ looking at?’ so I politely told them that they were supposed to keep going down the row. ‘We like ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ middle seats and we’re going to sit where we ≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈≈ like’ was the reply. So we climbed (literally) over them taking great care to step on as many toes and stick out as many elbows into soft flesh as possible. They didn’t even have kids with them !

Mam & dad did The Great Movie Ride which they enjoyed – apart from the length of the queue – whilst the girls played under the hat and got some autographs.

We had lunch over by Indie (Backlot Express ? ) I’ve become rather fond on chicken strips, bumped into Jessie, Buzz & Woody on the way to the Backlot Tour. Found some Tool Time merchandise at the exit shop and promised myself I’d come back to get some pressies for Steve whilst we were at the Poly.

It was that time of the afternoon again when mam and Annabelle started wilting in the heat. Annabelle could sleep in the buggy but mam couldn’t unfortunately lol ! I knew if we went home that afternoon we wouldn’t make it back for Fantasmic & I really wanted everyone to see it. We struck lucky – it was about ½ hour til the Stars & Cars parade but for some reason there was a section of the parade route that was empty. In between The ABC theatre (where they used to do the Superstar TV thing?) and the Soundstage place (Monster Soundshow?) was a stretch of path that wasn’t roped off and had benches in front of the railings so we sat down with a couple of frozen lemonades & ice creams and waited to be moved on. Outside both of the aforementioned attractions there were entertainers ‘entertaining’ and we were allowed to just sit there – unhindered by rope barriers with nobody standing in front and nobody pushing from behind. It was the best view of a parade I’d ever had and Rachelle got loads of attention from the characters – unfortunately Annabelle slept right through it but we vowed we’d come back while we were at the Poly and see it again.

Suitably refreshed we headed straight in to see Indiana Jones (another cool seated attraction designed to convince my mam she wanted to stay). Next was the Beauty and the Beast show – another family favourite – nice to see its been revamped and updated a bit too ! By this time it was past 5 o’clock so we headed over towards the Fantasmic amphitheatre. It was still pretty quiet so we stopped for coffees outside, just as well as there was no preshow entertainment just the usual Mexican waves.

What can I say about Fantasmic? If you’ve seen it you’ll know what I mean – if you haven’t – go and see it !

The after effects of Fantasmic and a full day in the park !

Tomorrow – expect loads of photos cos its Hallowe’en & a very eventful day!
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Feb 04, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Mike
Imagineer

Glad the $&%@**^ ****pots you encountered didn't spoil your day! We missed fantasmic this time, due to sleepy kids!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kidscar.jpg
Views:	108
Size:	134.7 KB
ID:	1063  
Mike is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List