Imagineer

Probably the most boring trip report in the world... ever Part 6

Part 6 - MGM & 50's Prime Time

CAST
Shannon - 8 - I want to be a princess
Dale - 15 - I'm not that bothered about going
Martin (DH) - 40 - Things dont need planning they just happen
Sarah (ME) - 38 - Chief organiser and peacemaker

Shannon seemed a bit off colour this morning - she got up and ready very quickly and quietly - definately not well.
We grabbed breakfast to go again, all that eating on the go cant be good for you, especially not muffins at breakfast time.
We arrived at MGM just as it opened, hired a stroller as they were very handy to dump everything on and also came in handy as a reminder to Shannon to behave herself.

I had been waiting for months to ride the R'n'R Coaster so we headed straight there to get fastpasses but the waiting time was only 15 minutes so Dale and I just joined the queue. Dale was itching to go on The Twilight Zone Tower Of Terror as well but I had told him from the word go that I was NOT going on it and I was not going to change my mind. I love coasters but hate just sitting there waiting to drop. As I stood in the queue for R'n'R Coaster I watched the windows on TOT opening and saw the people dropping down and must admit to wondering if I would regret it later if I didn't go on it. The R'n'R Coaster certainly didn't let me down - I love that ride.
Martin and Shannon were wandering around the shop when we came off the ride and Shannon seemed to have perked up a bit. After parting with more dollars Shannon pointed at TOT and said she wanted to go in that house. I told her what it was but she still wanted to go on. Dale was getting excited... HELP. Guess who gave in?- Oh well there might be a really long wait and then I can put them off. No such luck, the wait was only 20 minutes. By the time we got to the front of the queue my stomach was in knots, even Shannon was looking a bit worried but still insisting she wanted to go on. I told the ride operator that we wanted to sit at the back of the elevator when it was our turn so at least I wouldn't be looking straight down when the doors opened at the top.
Do you know what... it was brilliant. I really enjoyed it. In fact I wanted to go back on and sit at the front but the queue had got too long. Dale loved it. Shannon said "I like it, but it did scare me". "I don't want to go on it again" and "The should call it the tower of doom".
We went to Animation Courtyard next and got fastpasses for Voyage of The Little Mermaid and then queued for 10 mins for The Magic of Disney Animation. This really is worth seeing and quite funny. When we came out we saw the Incredibles and of course had to join the queue for autographs (stamped) and a photograph. The American lady in front of us was brushing her young daughters long hair and trying to style it, putting make up on her and telling her off when she complained. She also told her husband and son that they couldn't go and have a wander round because they were all having their photos taken together as the 'Incredible Family. Well, sorry, but she really got my back up. That little girl was on holiday and just looked utterly miserable. (Lol Shannon's hair looked tousled within half an hour of brushing it but at least she was having the time of her life).
Anyway we then had a wander round the courtyard and it was time for the Little Mermaid. Shannon enjoyed this but Martin and Dale looked a bit bored, in fact I did see Dale trying to play his gameboy and Martin catching 40 winks .
Some of the characters were at the Sorcerers Hat when we came out and Shannon spotted Lilo and Stitch, more photos and autographs

We then had a wander down Hollywood Boulevard to spend some more money. Shannon had gone really quiet again and sat in the stroller saying she didn't feel very well. One of the ladies in the shop started talking to her and must have felt sorry for her because she gave her and Dale a marshmallow lolly dipped in chocolate each to cheer her up (she finally ate it 2 days later). We then went for a walk round Echo Lake and saw a street act. I cant remember what they were called but they arrived in a van dressed as workmen. We spotted 50's Prime Time where we had a PS later on. The Indiana Jones Stunt Show had already started so we decided to grab a spot for the Hollywood Holly Day Parade before everybody came out of that. We grabbed drinks, except for Shannon who couldn't even be tempted by an ice cream and Martin went for a wander round while we sat on the kerb. Then "mum", I just looked at Shannon and knew what was coming. I had just grabbed her and told Dale to stay there when... too late . Martin came back just in time to put a bottle of water to good use while I took Shannon to the toilets, sorry restrooms, to get her cleaned up.
Shannon insisted she didn't want to leave the park and felt a bit better then sat back in the stroller and promptly fell asleep. The parade finally started and Dale tried telling her but she carried on sleeping until he uttered the magic words "Oh no, Shannon's going to miss the Princesses". Her eyes snapped open and she started getting upset that she had missed some of the parade, until I told her I was videoing it. For somebody who wasn't very well she certainly made a lot of noise. "Belle, it's me Shannon, I'm here" "Mickey, here I am", etc..
After the parade Dale and myself went on Star Tours as there was no queue and then we went to Al's Toy Barn to see the Toy Story characters then had a look round the Streets of America. We knew the Monsters. Inc Characters were on Commissary Lane and Shannon wanted to see them so we joined the queue. We were 3rd in the queue when they went in. We were told that they would be back out in 5-10 minutes. It was 4.50pm and we had a PS for 50's Prime Time for 5.15. We hung on but at 5.07 they still weren't back out so we had to give up and hurry up to Prime Time.
We told Sister Sara that Shannon wasn't very well and didn't want anything to eat so she just brought her a glass of water. I had Seafood Primavera and a glass of wine, of course. Martin had meatloaf and shake and Dale had the kids Macaroni and Cheese and a coke. This was one restaurant he was determined not to waste anything in. I also had a Hot fudge sundae and Dale had cheesecake. This came to $57.50 + tip. Dale was on his best behaviour in here - I wonder why . We found it really funny watching grown men being told off for having their elbows on the table or leaving their vegtables. Two boys were bickering with each other and the server took them both and put them on different tables at opposite ends of the room (if Shannon had been well it would have been funny to see what they did with our kids). Even Shannon couldn't help but laugh.
Now we had another problem. We wanted to see the Osbourne lights and it was the last night but we also wanted to see Fantasmic but were running a bit late for getting there and getting a decent seat. So we decided to go back and do Fantasmic another night and had a look round the lights instead. Anne, you were right. I am so glad we didn't miss this, it took our breath away. I wouldn't fancy that electric bill
We left the park around 7.45 after a last look round the shops and went straight back to the hotel, baths and bed.
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven

Edited at 11:54 PM.
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 05, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Awww poor Shannon, at least she didn't miss the princesses in the parade.
You describe everything so well, Sarah, it's the next best thing to being there, I love trippies.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 05, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I am glad you enjoyed ToT Sarah I was nervous about going on it at first but wow you couldn't get me off it the end! Poor Shannon there is nothing worse than being poorly on holiday.
Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jan 05, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post

poor shannon being poorly

great report
Leann x
Old 20 Jan 05, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
AlisonB
Imagineer

Poor Shannon..
AlisonB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Mar 05, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

I'd quite like to eat at Prime time, but I wouldn't get Paul in there in a million years!
Old 8 Mar 05, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Shannon wasn't poorly for that long fortunately and didn't we know it when she was better

Sue, I think they took pity on us in Prime time, maybe we would have been treated to the full performance if Shannon had been well.

Sarah.
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 05, 10:02 PM  
Link to this Post
dcmax
Imagineer

Glad to hear you 'took the plunge' on ToT, it's our fave as you can see...

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Trip Reports

Danny and Jackies Christmas 04 Restaurant Reports

July 91 WDW...July 92 DL CA...July 93 DL CA...Feb 97 DLP...Feb 02 DLP...Xmas 03 DLP...Xmas 04 WDW...Oct 05 WDW...Xmas 05 DL CA...March 06 DLP ...Nov 06 WDW... Xmas 06 DLP... Apr 07 WDW... Nov 07 DL CA ...Dec/Jan 07/08 DLP... Mar 08 WDW.. Jun 08 DLP.. Mar 09 DL HK
dcmax is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List