highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Talking Day 3 DC & Wishes Cruise

The Cast
Me Steve: Almost 40 little bit stressed, when people forget I’m in charge
DW Jacquie: Not too far behind in the age stakes, pretty scary when in shopping mode (see DD)
DD Stephanie: Typical 14yr old (if there is such a thing) loves Eyore my little princess will probably bankrupt me one day
DS Danny: Pretty easy going 12yr old (At times cheerfully strangle him, but he’s my BOY)

Day 3 We where up early today 7am,DW was surprised and pleased with room being decorated, gifts where given and gratefully received, kids had bought her an extra present at MK a tinkerbell purse she had been admiring, I also had brought everyone's cards over as well so she had a few $$ as well to spend at DC. We headed to breakfast at food court and got 2 sodas, 2 fruit cups, & 2 Breakfast platters got coffee in refillable mug this was plenty to share total cost $24(2CS). Our car from Quicksilver was waiting at 8am,the driver never introduced himself although he was pleasant, our journey was quick we where at DC in 15mins checked in at DC after bag search, I still had the birthday package to pay for as a surprise for DW, girl at check in was nice, but clueless as she insisted that it was all paid, I had to reassure her it wasn’t (didn't want anyone getting into trouble), so photos taken we where told swim time 12:40pm, was hoping for an earlier time so we could eat early lunch(but hey go with the flow), have a fresh OJ then its wander down the path, they have changed the free photo spot now its further down at first gift shop, so we got our pic taken, then given over to guide, he let us go as soon as we told him our third trip, we get our vests, masks etc.I used the courtesy phone to call Disney Dining as we had an ADR for 6:05pm at Kona,I asked for earlier spot and got 5:30pm (so I think they do keep spots for the day as I had tried before arrival and got a no).The next few hours we relaxed in hammocks, loungers and had a few dips in pool. They no longer do the refillable cup at DC so kids each had a soda, and after seeing my frozen cocktail, they got two virgin versions. When swim time neared they headed to sand dollar cabana for briefing, I had opted out of swim this time, they swam with Kia, they all said he was fun, I managed to get some great photos, DW was pleased with her surprise. After the swim we headed to lunch (we only picked 1 photo incl in birthday package), at lunch we where greeted at the podium and shown in and showed choices and told what we where allowed, this was new procedure as on other two occasions we had just walked in and helped self's. I had the grilled chicken followed with passion cake, DW had beach burger followed with fresh strawberries and a portion of carrot cake, DS had beach burger followed with chocolate cake, DD had mac n cheese followed with chocolate cake we all had sodas, lunch was great, although we where worried where dinner was going to go. After lunch it was shopping I got DW a new toped got new top (guess who paid), DS got DC drawing pens & pad, I needed a beer (no I don't have a problem so long as I'm near a bar). We headed back to grill after playing in pool and got DW's birthday cake it was beautiful and pretty big, we asked for it to be taken to front desk as we where preparing to leave in a short time now. We headed for showers and got changed. We picked up our photo then at reception got our free photo and the cake, we also answered a short survey on the park, and we got couple of pencils and key chain for our trouble. Car turned up 5 mins early and we where off home, back in room by 4:15pm,we all got dressed for dinner and cruise, I was worried as my brother and his family & friends where to join us on cruise and I had not heard from him, they had arrived last week with TCD. We got a taxi to the Poly ($10) the resort is beautiful but so noisy compared to POFQ, we where shown straight to our table at Kona the restaurant was very nice, I informed server we where on dining plan, here we where allowed any non alcoholic beverage and could add shrimp to most meals no extra charge, I had a Pina Colada virgin, rest all had sodas, for starters DW had sticky wings as did DD, I had crab cakes they where delicious, I also had pot stickers lovely dumplings, as DS didn’t want a starter, for main courses DW had turkey medallions she ate a couple but said not really her cup of tea, DD had the chicken pasta, basically chicken chow mein shrimp was added but we had said just chicken obviously server wanted bigger tip, DS had prime rib and I had fillet steak with shrimp added it was a huge meal two fillet steaks and quite a few shrimp, (low point of restaurant was they did rush as we where till eating starters when plates where removed and main courses set down they asked if where finished after they did this). We couldn't eat all the food I left 1 steak which was good IMHO rest of family managed what they could, we did order deserts to go but after cruise they ended up in bin, overall cost of meal was $190(4TS), although if we had been paying chances are it would only have been starters we would have had and deserts, overall we enjoyed Kona the food was great, service not bad, very busy place. So we began our waddle down to the dock, very disorganised here the guy running it seemed harassed 1 couple where complaining as there boat was not fully decorated, the captain had already tried to sort it for her but the guy in charge waved him off so the captain got the customer and told her to be really angry with this guy, another captain complained he didn't have enough sodas or water onboard, luckily this guy had nothing to do with our boat, as ours was from Contemporary. Our boat arrived about 7:20pm our captain was Bryan, very pleasant young man we explained about my brother, but at 7:30 still no show so we headed out we where all a bit disappointed at first due to our nephew missing this treat we had promised him, but within 5mins we where all smiling the boat was decked out with balloons and birthday banner, the cake was huge (yep count them 2 cakes) the cooler was full of juice and Bryan was excellent pilot we had a fun trip around the lake with Bryan adding little bits of trivia, as we passed a resort launch a crowd all shouted happy birthday which had us all laughing including Bryan. As it neared time of wishes we took our position, I still feel a tingle on my spine as I write this and recall the music being piped through, what can I say about wishes it was spectacular, my son declared himself speechless, really if u get the chance these cruises are great, we headed back to Poly after, pictures where taken with our captain, I paid Bryan the $220 (cheap as chips) espc after the price changes in October, I also gave Bryan $30 tip as he was great, he encouraged the kids to take a few sodas with them DS asked for balloons which Bryan gave a batch to him and a batch to DD, so after that my DW declared her birthday the best ever and basically the fact that I’m an planning freak was a bonus this time, but I told her not finished yet and we headed to the Poly beach, we all got seats and had a soda, told them to watch the lake for some Disney Magic think they thought I’d lost it, but I had seen a line of lights appear, and we had a great view of the water pageant, I had heard of this on All Ears, kids and wife loved it, it lasted about 10 mins,as we left I heard an american lady say is that it?, my DD heard her too and said to me can u believe that she said that, what’s she want? Had to agree some people are never happy. We got taxi from Poly bell services at Poly where great they chastised me for letting DW carry her own cake and implied I was cheap I hadn't a room in their hotel the best in Disney apparently, they made us all laugh, short cab ride back to POFQ we headed to room, now on way to room we passed staff we had birthday balloons & a very large cake not once did they enquire who's birthday was it also considering all the deliveries incl from Disney florist not even a card, POFQ is a lovely resort but IMHO staff need to try a bit harder, they aren't exactly overworked at the resort that I saw, okay moan over. By now those of u still with me are thinking off to bed, but wait what happened to missing brother? I was going to kill(no visa for me), when we got into room our voicemail was flashing red, listened to a distraught brother tell me he was at Riverside, then POFQ basically my brother hates planning and he thinks I'm mad for all the planning I put in, but he also never listens, he left me his mobile number which I had tried on Saturday and couldn't get him, so I checked the number I had against one he left on voicemail, I had an extra 8, so off I went to call him but as I was walking to main foyer he comes walking in family in tow, he was pretty upset at missing us, called him a few choice names being the considerate brother I am, I went back to room to rouse troops nephew in tow , they where all in bed, their faces at seeing Reece was great, so they get dressed and we head to bar, by this time DB had upset bar staff, as the girl was trying to serve a few people at one time by getting everyone a drink at a timed advised her if she served 1 customer at a time it would be quicker(have to say I did agree), but as he was already feeling angry his tone was out of order also he didn't tip, but not too worry did apologise for him and left her ten bucks, its my local for next two weeks , so we all caught after introductions to their friends, they have been having a great time so far, although villa phone not working and the other night the lock at villa broke, I asked how they found TCD they said crap but not enough to spoil there holiday as it was silly little things, so after a few drinks they leave a little after midnight, then it was off to bed it had been a very long good day. Tomorrow shopping trip
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 05, 12:36 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews

DW with kids and birthday banner & her flowers

Chillin at DC with DS

DS with Kia

DD with Kia

DW with Kia

Birthday cake at DC
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Oct 05, 12:43 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews

Bread at Kona

Crab cakes at Kona

Sticky wings

Pot stickers

Turkey medallions

Prime Rib

chicken pasta

Fillet & Shrimp
Old 9 Oct 05, 12:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Wow Steve..I am really looking forward to my wishes cruise even more now
Shame your DB and his family missed out.

Steve, I can only see some of your pictures.
Old 9 Oct 05, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Great report, I'd love to do a Wishes Cruise next time.

We got taxi from Poly bell services at Poly where great they chastised me for letting DW carry her own cake and implied I was cheap I hadn't a room in their hotel the best in Disney apparently,
LOL

I can't see all the photos either.

Caron
Old 9 Oct 05, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
More pics will post a link to album when finished for easier viewing

Birthday cruise boat

View from cruise of MK at night

Another view of Wishes

Wishes

Wishes

The Crew

I’m in a picture

Birthday Cake from Cruise

Electric Water Pageant

Picture of kids with cousin at POFQ
Old 9 Oct 05, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Steve, I would love to see the pictures above but all I am getting is the old red cross
Old 9 Oct 05, 02:20 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
heres a link to my album at imagestation, still working on album so more pics will be added
album
Old 9 Oct 05, 03:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Yes I can see them.. Thanks for sharing them.

The boat looks lovely.

I have chose to be picked up from the Grand Floridian mariner.
Old 9 Oct 05, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post

The pics are great, Steve. What a lovely birthday for your DW, shame your brother and family missed out on the cruise. Still, you had plenty of cake to share!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List