Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Talking Day 14 last full day & MNSSHP

Day 14 MNSSHP last full day
Today we had no plans apart from the Halloween party tonight at MK, for breakfast kids had chocolate milk and choc chip cookies, myself and DW had apple juice and yogurts. DD wanted to do Epcot today just the France part though, DS wanted to do mission space again, while we where waiting for bus the studios bus turned up, so I suggested we go and do TOT & RnR and then Epcot, think because I had the cash they went with it. So we arrived at Studios and headed straight for TOT we got a fast pass then on to RnR, we rode RnR twice before having a little shopping, then on to TOT after another great ride front of row this time we said our goodbyes to the studios. We got bus to Epcot as we had just missed the boat, t was a short journey there but Epcot was pretty busy today, took a while to get through bag search line, we headed for mission space both my son and I rode this as single riders, the girls gave it a miss as it made hem queasy last time, we where on & off in 15 mins not bad as it was pretty busy and standby was 40 mins, we never attempted Soarin as it was midday expected it to be packed, we got a coke then started our walk around the world, we went via Mexico on way we encountered the character bus had Chip or maybe Dale pointing and laughing at my headgear , yes I was sporting my Aerosmith Bandana with false hair kids thought this was hilarious, told the kids that chipmunk better watch his back for next time, luckily although the family did a lot of window shopping no one bought anything, I was tempted myself with the apple schnapps' in Germany but at $30 for same bottle they do in Lidl for £6 thought better of it. On way round world DW wanted an ice cream sandwich but I wouldn’t get her one, think she thought I was being a tight git, but I had a plan, yes a cunning plan. When we got to France I looked for the Boulangerie Patisserie as I really wanted to try it, we ordered 2 ham & cheese croissants too share girl heated them up for us, then DS had a chocolate eclair it was filled with chocolate cream he couldn’t finish it as it was so filling, DD had a Pralineige it was very chocolately she loved it couldn’t finish either, DW had a strawberry tart she did finish it and loved it, I had an Abricotine which was a pastry loaded with apricots and icing very tasty and yes I finished it total cost was $27.30 pretty reasonable as it included two large sodas we shared as well, so suitability replenished we wandered through France, we came upon a couple of street performers with chairs they balanced and climbed upon pretty impressive and funny , as we left France came upon a food cart selling some snails and a lovely pint of Kronenburg to wash them done, $3 for the snails and u did get a good portion they where lovely, the pint was $4.50 lovely and refreshing, walked through UK watched bemused as people got photos took as they used the red telephone box, but knew it was fake as no musty smell of urine filled the air around the boxes. We left Epcot and got bus back to resort, kids played in pool for an hour we finished most of the packing, squeezed the cases closed and then headed for the food court, DW got a grilled chicken sandwich, I got Philly cheese steak, DS got club wrap & DD got Chicken parmesan no desert as `we where saving room for our treats tonight. After dinner we got showered and changed into our costumes, it was raining pretty heavily as we got bus to MK we did get a got of compliments on our costumes, we had brought quite a few glow sticks we had bought in the pound shop in the UK and gave these to some kids on the bus. When we got off the bus we joined the throng pouring into MK there where quite a few people al dressed up so we didn’t feel silly, was surprised that some of the costumes where allowed in as they where scary and some of the females where pretty risque, yet my security guard at check in had to check that I was allowed in with my sword I bought at Disney go figure, I was allowed in with sword on promise that I did not start any sword fights. As soon as we entered we got our treat bags and a show schedule, unfortunately due to the wetness quite a lot was cancelled through the night, the villains dance, cinderbraltion , and the parade at 8pm was cancelled although they did do a rainy day parade, it wasn’t a good night for the party but there was a good atmosphere, we got our free photo taken , hopefully will arrive safely, they where also doing free face painting, not too sure what rides where open as we where just soaking up the atmosphere, we did get loads of candy, kids are still eating it. The special wishes was spectacular no other word for it, we where disappointed we never saw any Disney characters in costume, but there was a guest dressed as Jack from nightmare before Christmas, his costume was really great, DD & DS got their picture taken with him, he was really great as he stayed in character and I think some people probably thought he was a Disney character employed in park. After Wishes we left as our bags where full and feet where sore, on exit from park they had another candy spot giving out more candy so we got more and they where pretty generous. The bus home was empty except for us, the roads though where very busy, back at resort DW asked out late checkout but we where told no as they where fully booked, I had a cocktail in the bar but some funny looks as I was still dressed as Zorro. On return o room we finished the packing, watched some TV then of to sleep
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 05, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Love your report. we got NEXT Oct, any hints and tips for the MNSSHP please?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 05, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Elouise if u are intending to dress up or even the kids get the costumes over there, in wal-mart they had loads plus accesories, as for the party itself the only tip is enjoy it, we did enjoy it despite weather not being great, everyone is pretty happy and if u want to ride the rides the Q's are low as most peole where like us just soaking up the atmosphere
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Oct 05, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report, I'm sad you are getting to the end now. MNSSHP sounds fantastic, fingers crossed I will be there next year.
Old 12 Oct 05, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post

Shame about the weather at MNSSHP, sounds like a lot of fun though. Thnaks for sharing Steve.

Jools
Old 12 Oct 05, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post

Like the phone box reference! You are so right!
Old 12 Oct 05, 07:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks Steve MNSSHP sound great, pity abot the weather and the cancellations though.

Bob
Old 12 Oct 05, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Dizzy
Imagineer

Urrggh, I cant believe you ate snails
Lol at the red phone box. We thought it was hilarious when we saw people rushing to have their photo taken in it. You're right no urine smell, also no graffitti
A shame about the weather for MNSSHP. Glad it didn't ruin your night though.
Dont you just hate that last night
Indian Creek Villa
October 7th - October 28th 2006
3 weeks in Heaven
Dizzy is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Oct 05, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
janeywaney
VIP Dibber

janeywaney's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Another great report. Shame about the weather for you last night but glad you all had a good day
Jane
August 06 All Star Sports, August 07 All Star Music, OKW August 08 OKW Nov 09 All Star Music Feb 10, OKW Sept 10 OKW Sept 2011 , OKW Nov 2013, Pop Cenury Sept 2014, OKW Sept 2015, OKW Nov 16, OKW Sept 17, OKW Aug 19
janeywaney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 05, 01:36 PM  
Link to this Post

great report pity about the weather
were going to mnsshp next week !
can't wait
just 1 question can you get into M.K
before 6pm with just the MNSSHP
tickets ?