Imagineer

WEDNESDAY 30th May 2001

POLY, EPCOT WORLD SHOWCASE & BENNIGANS

Cast list: -

Me (Shaun) - Wallet opener, chauffeur and bag carrier
DW (Alison) - Chief planner, navigator and mother
DD # 1 (Alexandra 7) - Cautious, shy and parking lot number guru
DD # 2 (Laura 5) - Daredevil, chatterbox and sleeper

Today was a good day, A VERY VERY good day.

Up at about 08:30 and finished off the last of the packing and shoe horned all of the stuff into the car, boy it's still so hot and humid!

Checked out of the CBR by about 10:30 and we are all a bit sad about leaving. However, it's probably better this way than leaving on Saturday as we've grown really attached to the CBR. This way we had something new to look forward to.

We drove over to the Poly and went to the check-in desk. We apologised for being early and asked if we could leave our luggage somewhere. The CM checked the rooms and said she had found one that was ready now. We went to Bell Services and a nice man picked us up in the golf buggy and took us to our room. Also, we were all been given a lei each, which was cool!

This trip was really fun and the kids loved it!

We arrived at TAHITI, room 1029 - WOW WOW WOW! - Ground floor lagoon view!!!!!!

The room was enormous! - about as big as the total floorspace as my house in the UK! Couple this with the outside patio leading to the beach with views of Cindy's and Space Mountain and 5 mins walk to TTC! - I'm in heaven!

Just then, the groundkeeping staff came and swept the patio - now, where is the button that calls the CM's to come and wipe my ***!!!!

DDs run off to the beach and find a Mickey sand sculpture! - They were in 7th heaven! - and we weren't far behind!

Somehow, we'd forgotten about breakfast so we head over Captain Cooks for a bite to eat. It's so quiet everywhere as we look around, feeling so happy to be here!

We decide to unpack later (actually we never get round to unpacking - we just lived out of the cases&#33.

We decide to make the most of the TTC being so close and take the monorail to Epcot. This is great and we get to ride up front again. This is a very long ride and great for pics of Epcot!

While we were waiting one of the CM's kept our DDs amused with quiz's and the like. One small lad was complaining bitterly that he couldn't ride up front to his parents that "it's not fair!". Ho Hum!

We rode on Spaceship Earth again for Alexandra and then went to finish off the countries and Kidcot stops for the girls.

In no particular order: -

CHINA

The Kidcot stop here isn’t busy today so the girls have their names written out in Chinese and they are amused to find which animal relates to their birth year.

Next stop JAPAN and we stop for a brief drink as we are getting a bit de-hydrated. The girls are very impressed with the origami animal heads that they duely attach to their masks. The lady making them made it look so easy but I can’t even fold a napkin neatly – LOL

The weather appears to suit the feeling at MOROCCO, you could really feel that you are really there. There was a fair bit of pushing and shoving at the Kidcot stand, but we manage to stay in line. This time, the girls are given some ornate green beads to attach to the masks.

Over to FRANCE, where the girls think it’s a model of the “Awful Tower” or “Is that the Crystal Palace transmitter?” (UK folk will understand this). A nice chat with a girl from Nice while the girls apply paint to the masks. Can’t we stay a bit longer?

Back to the UK and find that the CM’s here are suffering as much as we are. Had a bit of a chat with a girl from Hampshire while the girls apply some sticky butterflies to their masks.

Last stop is CANADA, although I’m not hungry enough to try one of the Beaver tails. It’s funny, but some of the props wouldn’t look out of place in the UK. This is the last lap for the masks as the girls put a coloured Maple leaf on.

Masks now fully loaded and passports duely filled out we feel that we have done our bit.

It's still very hot and humid, so we head back to the Poly for DDs to swim in the main pool while we had a beer or two and soaked up the atmosphere. DDs loved the pool, although the slide was covered and they were a bit unsure! They liked the pool being zero entry!

We went back to our room for a shower and off to Brannigans for food.

This was excellent value and great service!

We ate: -

2 x kids meals
3 sodas
1 beer
1 Chicken fillet with cheese, mushrooms, bacon and onions with
a jacket potato and veggies
Fish and chips meal
Bread rolls

All for $35!

While we were there, a man was visiting the tables making balloon models for the kids.

Don't worry, they weren't free but the man had a flashing badge saying "Tips accepted" - although I think that some Brits appeared to not notice!

We stopped briefly on the way back to stock up with Beer and snacks! - Just for a change!

Back to the Poly and I took Alexandra for a quick swim and I had a couple of beers on the patio and chilled out!

All in bed by about 11:15

This was a wonderful day checking in to the Poly, and was worth every cent! No regrets at all (at least until the credit card comes in&#33.

Tomorrow: POLY, SEA WORLD, CHILLIES, WINTERSUMMERLAND

1988 ~ Contemporary ~ Honeymoon
1989 ~ Off site
1994 ~ EuroDisney ~ Santa Fe
1999 ~ Off site
2001 ~ CBR (Aruba) ~ Poly (Tahiti)
2003 ~ WL & HRH
2004 ~ Pop Century, RPH, CSR, PBH, Contemporary
2006 ~ DLP ~ Newport Bay
2007 ~ POR ~ HRH ~ GF
2008 ~ All star sports, BCV, RPH, Vero Beach, VWL
2010 ~ OKW ~ BCV ~ HRH ~POP Century ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
2013 ~ AKL ~ HRH ~ BCV ~ Vero Beach ~ VWL
BONZO is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 02, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

The Poly sounds wonderful .

Another great report .
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 02, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Amazing-Grace
Imagineer

Amazing-Grace's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Sounds well worth the upgrade to me .
Old 26 May 02, 09:34 PM  
Link to this Post

The best money can buy
The Poly sounds wonderful .
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List