Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Closed Thread

Old 27 Dec 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
That is the extreme end case ... it sounds like your family though needs support, in different way for different family members. When that support is not given, the family, who are already stretched, can't always cope and extreme things happen.

I think the advice given about YOU speaking to the doctor about YOU, is sound advice, this is taking a huge toll on you, and you are probably the glue holding it all together at the moment. The GP may be able to offer more support when you show him how much your son's difficulties, and the stress of trying to be heard through the diff professionals, is affecting YOUR ability to function.

The other piece of advice sounds like another thing to do, but keep a log, of who you contact, when and what was said. It helps when you do get asked what you have done, to have a list of your efforts. Keep a log for 24 hours in each week, of your son's behaviours (use a quick code if needed) again to show the professionals how much you are contending with.

Lastly, Remember, the bathroom door has a lock on it. The loo seat can be a great place to drink a cup of coffee and cry when you need to ... typed by a mum with an ASD son who has found that to be a safe place on more than one occasion!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 15, 11:24 PM  
Link to this Post
alexisemma31
Imagineer

In my local authority children with a CAF opened are given priority when referred to certain services e.g. CAMHS, Speech and Language Therapy etc. It is meant as a support for families and about having a multi agency approach to meeting the child's needs.
Old 27 Dec 15, 11:30 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Thanks everyone. Charlies still up. He's been really good today actually and has tried new foods. A much less stressful day (other than the broken down fridge freezer full of food! ) my birthday Tuesday so Charlie said he's going to make me a cake hahha. Hopefully he'll calm down for a few days now and give us the break we need.
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 15, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MTEC
Being a bit Goofy

Mobile

Lastly, Remember, the bathroom door has a lock on it. The loo seat can be a great place to drink a cup of coffee and cry when you need to ... typed by a mum with an ASD son who has found that to be a safe place on more than one occasion![/QUOTE]

Haha. Unfortunately I have a 17month old who joins me
MTEC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Feb 16, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunny Florida
slightly serious Dibber

Just seen this post so hope that hints have got better for you.I just wanted to add my friend has a son with ADHD and when he was little and having outbursts she would tape him this helped when explaining how bad he was when he finally got an appointment with chams hope this helps.
Old 6 Feb 16, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
DIBBadmin
Imagineer

This thread has been automatically closed as it has not been posted on in 365 days.
DIBBadmin is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread