Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Closed Thread

Old 6 Feb 16, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Fast Pass planning headache

17 days til I can book my FP. Although this is exciting I'm finding the whole thing mind boggling. I know what parks I'm going to go on what days, but have no idea what to FP? Also in what order. I signed up to Touring Plans and the whole thing looks like a military operation. I don't want to spend my days stressing if I'm following the plan. I want a holiday! Maybe I will just book three spread through day and hope for the best with everything else?

Katie
Old 7 Feb 16, 12:07 AM  
Link to this Post
BigPetesWife
Imagineer

Mobile

It may look like a military operation, but it worked a treat for us. We followed-ish the plans in the morning and went with the flow later in.

I scheduled my fastpasses consecutively from 10.30. Ternativy, if you set up a plan in touring plans and tell it you want to use 3 FPP it should tell you which ones are best to get and at what time.
BigPetesWife is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 16, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I found I felt the same way last time! This time I am going to check on each park map exactly where our 'favourite' fp rides are located and try to do them in a logical way - I found that we crossed back and forth across the parks for our different fastpasses, which when it is hot can be exhausting. A couple of tips (we learnt the hard way) do the safari at animal kingdom as early as possible - you are far more likely to see more animals. Also Epcot has a tiered fp system, so we fp' test track for an early slot and turned up at opening time to do a 'fast walk' to soarin' as this can post really long wait times. Good luck but bear in mind that you can just walk past some rides and walk on. Planning is great but so is just going with the flow and soaking up your surroundings. Have a fantastic time.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 16, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Rincelex
Apprentice Imagineer

I am also getting stressed over this. I used Touring Plans and have my days mapped out so we know where we are going and when. I then planned the meals around this trying to get the meals near to where we are each time.

First look at the FP and I nearly cried. What I think I might do is get the FPs for times between 10 and 1 and that way we can do rides first thing before it gets crowded, then have our FP rides and then either have lunch and leave the park or see what else is available and maybe get some FPs for the evening.
Rincelex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 16, 08:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Bertiebear
Imagineer

Think I'm going to go down the look at the map route. Think I will find that less stressful!
Old 18 Feb 16, 10:55 PM  
Link to this Post
vwfamily
Proud to wear my Ears

vwfamily's Reviews
We are just looking into our past passes too. Although we have been a few times now, this is the first time we've considered using FPs!

We are only doing MK and Epcot this time but I think if there's a particular ride one of us really wants to go on, I'll FP it. Otherwise we'll probably just queue up as usual. I think we're hoping it will be quiet anyway as we are there just after the Easter weekend.

(Just a thought, we also have never pre-booked any of our dining. Again, we are considering booking some on our days/evenings in MK and Epcot)
vwfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 16, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
LRMD
Imagineer

I felt the same when booking fastpasses! We have just recently got back and actually found we changed quite a few around, obviously no choices were available the day before but a few days before things were still available, all I can say is make sure that the big FP stuff like Toy Story, Expedition Everest, Tower of Terror, most MK stuff, you have planned and stick to those days and times, and then swap some of the less busier ones around when you are there!
LRMD is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
champagnegirl26
Imagineer

champagnegirl26's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Last trip we booked ours back to back and as they were often spread across the park it was sometimes stressful charging everyone across the park to make it on time. This time we are going to make it so they have a bit more time in between each other and we are going for the relaxed approach that if we make it we do and if not we shall just change them. We are trying to make this trip so rides are not the be all and end all and want to take more time just to take it all in and smell the roses. But it is our sixth trip.

June 2007 Masters Inn hotel Kissimmee
June 2008 Disney resort tour
May2009 Oak plantation villas
May 2010 Pop century
May 2014 Dibb villa
Aug 2016 Dibb villa
May 2018 Dibb villa
May 2019 Cumbrian lakes villa.
champagnegirl26 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Feb 16, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mortimer Mouse
Imagineer

Mortimer Mouse's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
My top tip would be to decide which way you're going to tour the park and book your FP's following that route. This will mean you're not criss-crossing the park, which can be exhausting.

We tend to do MK in 2 days - Tomorrowland and Fantasyland on one day. Adventureland and Frontierland on another. This works really well for us.
Mortimer Mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Feb 16, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
cherie_xx
Excited about Disney

I found Touring Plans invaluable, by inputting the park, time you'll be there, the rides you want to go in, any rests, breaks or meals it will tell you which rides are best for Fastpasses and I booked mine based on this. I have all my Touring Plans for each day printed out and ready to go so there'll be no standing on Main Street wondering where to go next.

It takes the spontaneity out of the day so that approach doesn't suit a lot of people who like to go with the flow.

Give the Touring Plans a go for one of your full park days and see what it throws up for Fastpass and go from there. Remember you can optimize the plans based on your walking speed/style (I always picked 'relaxed') and if you want to minimize waits or walking.
♥ DLP Dec 2017 & March 2018 - Hotel L'Elysee & June 2018 - Hotel Santa Fe
cherie_xx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread