Gill635's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Fab start, looking forward to the next

x
Old 15 Mar 13, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
annedawso
Apprentice Imagineer

My husband was the same first time we went. He was only going cos I persuaded him the kids would love it.
He enjoys the weather, eating out etc in USA. We intend to go to parks really early before they get chocker and follow touringlans.com to not have to queue as much

We couldn't go to USA during Olympics as husband in police and leave was restricted.
annedawso is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Mar 13, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by annedawso View Post
We couldn't go to USA during Olympics as husband in police and leave was restricted.
Phil works in the NHS in central London and his trust cancelled leave for a few senior people - bit annoying but at least we still have Florida to look forward to this year!
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Mar 13, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

14 bacon rolls to go until the end of term!

Payday tomorrow, so just ordered myself one of these babies:

Got the majority of my own spends now in my savings account (Not sure about the OH!), but decided to order a currency card and put on any extra pennies I earn through one to one and shop duty.

I've done a rough budget for the holiday on my spreadsheet (when we need money for taxis, what meals we need, any 'extras' like KSC entrance), and basically we spend more at the beginning of the holiday as we don't have breakfast included.

When we check in here on the 8th day of the holiday:

We have breakfast included, but will need some pennies for petrol as well.

Soon going to be time for our DDD

Edited at 05:50 PM.
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 13, 03:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

A quick 'Bacon Roll' update!

A member of staff at work has got a new job and wont be returning after Easter. I have volunteered to do her shop duty on a Tuesday as well, so I will be on DOUBLE BACON ROLLS (Monday and Tuesday!) until the end of term!

It means double the pennies too as well for double shop duty, all going straight into Dollars

Still to do:

Buy Disney tickets - decided on 5 day base tickets
Book internal flights.
PAY BALANCE next month - eeek!

Also been having a look at footware. Going to take my trusty Nikes and was also considering these Sketchers:

Old 14 Apr 13, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytola
Getting Excited

kaytola's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Nice shoes! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report as we're hoping to do Washington and Orlando in 2016! Nothing like a bit of forward planning...
2005: New York, Las Vegas & Quality Inn International Drive 2006: Port Orleans French Quarter 2011: New York 2014: HRH & Dibb Villa 2015: Hotel Cheyenne DLP 2016: Dibb Villa 2017: IDrive, SSR & Villa 2017 New York 2018 Washington DC 2019 New York, IDrive, RPR & Villa Aurora 2020 New York
kaytola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 13, 07:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by kaytola View Post
Nice shoes! I'm looking forward to reading your trip report as we're hoping to do Washington and Orlando in 2016! Nothing like a bit of forward planning...
Love a bit of forward planning - this trip has been in the pipeline (although it is quite different to the first attempt at planning it, pre discovering the Dibb! ) since 2011!
Old 20 Apr 13, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Hi Kim,

Followed you over from the 'Gove' thread... I had to leave that for the sake of my sanity

Anyway,

Great pre-trippie! Love the bacon roll countdown and the FRIENDS title. Oh, and the shoes. Did you get them?

Sounds like a great plan. I like pairing Orlando with a different part of the US and east coast cities work well. DC is high on my list, having not been there yet.

P.S. I love the idea of your DH telling people he's going to America to visit Gettysburg and the monkeys!

P.P.S. Will you be doing a trip report?

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 13, 03:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Bianca View Post
Hi Kim,

Anyway,

Great pre-trippie! Love the bacon roll countdown and the FRIENDS title. Oh, and the shoes. Did you get them?

Sounds like a great plan. I like pairing Orlando with a different part of the US and east coast cities work well. DC is high on my list, having not been there yet.

P.S. I love the idea of your DH telling people he's going to America to visit Gettysburg and the monkeys!

P.P.S. Will you be doing a trip report?
Micheal Gove ...grrr...

I'm typing this at my desk at work (as I'm tucking into my hearty and nutritious cup a soup ) having been in school this week 7.30am until 9.30pm every day doing the school production. Wonder if that is a long enough day for him!?!?

I'm planning on getting the shoes, yes! Waiting for May half term to order them so I can be in to collect the delivery. I very much hope I will do a trip report, and I have planned to. Think I will write up a few days before posting though as there is nothing worse than an unfinished trippie!
Old 30 Apr 13, 03:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bianca
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
... having been in school this week 7.30am until 9.30pm every day doing the school production. Wonder if that is a long enough day for him!?!?
Is that all? What's 2 or 3 hours more? ...Surely it won't affect the teachers, which, won't affect the children?!

Originally Posted by Leyfy View Post
I'm planning on getting the shoes, yes! Waiting for May half term to order them so I can be in to collect the delivery. I very much hope I will do a trip report, and I have planned to. Think I will write up a few days before posting though as there is nothing worse than an unfinished trippie!
I'm really keen to get some new Sketchers and those look great (comfy, too). I've only had their trainers before.

Happy planning! Hope you manage a trip report, but more importantly hope you have a fantastic time.

“I cannot discover that anyone knows enough to say definitely what is and what is not possible", Henry Ford

Contemporary Resort - Disneyland Hotel - Treehouse Villas - Vistana - Youth Hostel Anaheim - Quality Inn Intern'l Dr - Port Orleans Riverside
Bianca is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List