Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 23 May 15, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post

just booked and we leave on tues...what do i need to know?

We will be staying at the cheyenne and have 2 full days in parks. Have never been before is there anything i need to know/do?
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 08:48 AM  
Link to this Post
clochette
Apprentice Imagineer

How exciting! You don't say who is going or how you are getting there, so I will keep this general. We have stayed at the Cheyenne twice now and we loved it.
If you get the chance, have a wander round the grounds of the hotel as the theming is great.
Make sure you get an early breakfast (7am!) as the dining room gets very busy later. You will be asked what time you want when you check in.
If you are travelling by Eurostar, use the luggage service on the way back. If you haven't got it included in your package, I think it was 11 euros per room last time we went (last year). It saves you having to come back to the hotel to collect your cases.
Make use of the Extra Magic Hours. You can be in the park by 8 am and although not all the rides are open, you can get on rides like Peter Pan and Buzz Lightyear with no wait at all. It's also the best time to get photos of the castle.
If you want to eat in the theme parks (and TBH you can't really eat anywhere else), it's best to reserve a table. It's not like Florida where you have to book 180 days in advance, but you will have a long wait if you haven't booked. What I usually do is phone up a few days before(so now in your case!) and book a table for the first night (we like Plaza Gardens - it's a buffet) and then book at City Hall for the rest of the stay.
Hope this helps and have a great time!
clochette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
When you check in ask if there are any park breakfasts available, I've also stayed at the Cheyenne twice and as much as I love the hotel, I cannot bear the breakfast bedlam, so unless you are prepared to get there super early I highly recommend taking whatever park breakfast slots they might have (these aren't guaranteed) then you can head straight into the park for extra magic hours then go for your breakfast later. We had slots at Plaza Gardens for 9.15 on 2 mornings and it was the most relaxed breakfast I've ever had at DLP, amazing!

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 02:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
My biggest tip - don't bother with the buses! They get overcrowded and I don't like being pushed and shoved. It's a nice stroll by the river from Cheyenne to the parks and takes about 15 minutes.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 05:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Best piece of advice - Enjoy yourself
Old 23 May 15, 05:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Agree with Beaker try and get a breakfast inside the park either at plaza gardens or the other one can't remember name. You must ask when checking in as they can get booked up.

Also think the walk into the park is a must over the busses it's a really pleasant 15/20 min walk!

Also try to make it to the disney hotel for 4pm as they have a lovely thing where some of the disney characters come dancing down the stairs and then you can meet them and get signatures (hope this still happens?) it's something that's not common knowledge and anyone can go you dont have to be staying in the hotel not sure if it's on every day though?

Lastly book a table at walts for when the parade is on and ask for a window seat.

Enjoy!

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
cazspence
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Agree with Beaker try and get a breakfast inside the park either at plaza gardens or the other one can't remember name. You must ask when checking in as they can get booked up.

Also think the walk into the park is a must over the busses it's a really pleasant 15/20 min walk!

Also try to make it to the disney hotel for 4pm as they have a lovely thing where some of the disney characters come dancing down the stairs and then you can meet them and get signatures (hope this still happens?) it's something that's not common knowledge and anyone can go you dont have to be staying in the hotel not sure if it's on every day though?

Lastly book a table at walts for when the parade is on and ask for a window seat.

Enjoy!

Kat

Unfortunately the decent of the stairs finished last November, the same times the characters were removed from hotel breakfasts. Such a shame as we loved it .
cazspence is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by cazspence View Post
Unfortunately the decent of the stairs finished last November, the same times the characters were removed from hotel breakfasts. Such a shame as we loved it .
Oh that is a shame

Those are the type of things that make for a special trip! Do they do anything else to replace it I wonder?

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 15, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Kat11 View Post
Oh that is a shame

Those are the type of things that make for a special trip! Do they do anything else to replace it I wonder?

Kat
They have characters in the parks during EMH instead now, lots of non-residents were going into the hotels to meet the characters so to make it fairer for those whom have paid to stay in Disney Hotels (or AP holders) you can now meet them in the park
Old 23 May 15, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
HFJohnson
Imagineer

I also recommend asking for breakfast in the park if it's available and to get to breakfast in the hotel as early as you can. Don't worry if you can't get a slot for 7am, you can still turn up at that time.
HFJohnson is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread