Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 31 Jul 08, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 16
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Birthday Boy Inspiration & Singing?

We always seem to be away on my youngest son's birthday 16th August and although he has a party with his friends in September we like to celebrate it on the day too.

So I asked him what he wanted for his birthday and he said:

Adam: To be 54"

Mummy: Well you're 53.5" mate keep eating your fruit & veg. Now I'm scared that at just 6 turning 7 my little coaster freak will be able to ride the Hulk for the first time if keep growing as fast has he has been lately. Anyway no promises pick something else haven't you always wanted to swim with the dolphins?

Adam: Well yeh but tbh I'd rather swim the sharks! Erm so will TL do then? Nope we're doing that anyway.

Mummy: What about Wet & Wild never been there?

Adam: Nah you promised that too but I fancy the Nick hotel.

Mummy: under my breath thinking god no 24 hours of lime green and orange just to use the water park that's like wet and wild anyway so I propose my next most dreaded place... What about Disney Quest?

Adam: Well I'd like that but only if I don't have to follow dad around all day and he doesn't get mad when I wander off to do my stuff?

Mummy: Well Ad's that might have something to do with you being 6 and even though mummy dresses you in bright yellow dad still has trouble identifying you in a crowd. Ok so I'll come too and bring my earplugs.

Adam: Happy Days !

Mummy: So what about your birthday meal little man?

Adam: the volcano at RFC, nah scrap that you get me that if I nag anyway. I just want somebody to sing happy birthday to me.

Last year a lovely lady and lots of her collegues made a real fuss of him at TGI Friday's and he lapped it up so where else can we try for late lunch?

I've booked the Hoop De Doo and I'm hoping that my little attention seeker will enjoy it but just incase they don't see his badge where else earlier in the day will complete strangers sing "Happy Birthday to Adam happy birthday to you"?

Wouldn't mind a bit more inspiration too. I've thought of a few exciting things then ruled them out like balloon rides or helicopter tours for fear of him not really liking them or trying to be the pilot LOL

Willing to change our day time plans if any dibbers can inspire me or just tell me simply how magical it is to be wearing a birthday badge in MK?

Thanks for any help.
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 08, 10:40 PM  
Link to this Post
coombsyl
Imagineer

I know that the staff in Tony's sang Happy Birthday to my DDIL and brought her a little cake out. My son video'd it but, unfortunately for him he accidentally rewound and recorded over it! (he wiped off the first couple of days of their honeymoon in the process )

What a lovely age - we are taking our grandsons aged six and seven away for our annual trip to Great Yarmouth next week - they are such good company.
Old 31 Jul 08, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post

What about the Hard Rock Cafe?

When we've been before we've seen them get the birthday "boy or girl" to stand on a table and the whole restaurant sings to them.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 08, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by coombsyl View Post
I know that the staff in Tony's sang Happy Birthday to my DDIL and brought her a little cake out. My son video'd it but, unfortunately for him he accidentally rewound and recorded over it! (he wiped off the first couple of days of their honeymoon in the process )

What a lovely age - we are taking our grandsons aged six and seven away for our annual trip to Great Yarmouth next week - they are such good company.
Thanks Lynn was that Tony Ramos on I Drive we love it there.

You are right they are fab company at that age Adam never stops talking and he's a real little character has us in stitches on a daily basis.
welshwiz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 08, 10:52 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Matts Mom View Post
What about the Hard Rock Cafe?

When we've been before we've seen them get the birthday "boy or girl" to stand on a table and the whole restaurant sings to them.
Aaaawww you're kidding me that would be awesome!
Old 31 Jul 08, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post

My DS has had 2 birthdays in WDW, and both have been nice. He counted 30 `Happy Birthday Lewis'` this year -+ got a mini carrot cake! LOL.

What about booking him into the restaurant that does silly things... the name slips my mind... with the buckets of coke etc - surely they wouldn't miss such a thing?

As for fun things to do - what about Sky Venture? By sounds of things even he couldn't make that go wrong... LOL...

Whatever you do, have a fabulous day with him
Old 31 Jul 08, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Sarah71 View Post
My DS has had 2 birthdays in WDW, and both have been nice. He counted 30 `Happy Birthday Lewis'` this year -+ got a mini carrot cake! LOL.

What about booking him into the restaurant that does silly things... the name slips my mind... with the buckets of coke etc - surely they wouldn't miss such a thing?

As for fun things to do - what about Sky Venture? By sounds of things even he couldn't make that go wrong... LOL...

Whatever you do, have a fabulous day with him
Thanks for that Sarah

Did he wear a badge? can't think of the buckets of coke restaurant but sounds similar to Whispering Canyon one of his fave's.

Now Sky Venture that's a great idea will run it by him in the morning and hope he says yes as I'd love to do that too. Do you have to pre book or can I just call ahead when we arrive on the 7th (his birthday is the 16th).

LOL I feel sorry for him always being away but he's like the queen always has two birthday parties.
Old 31 Jul 08, 11:20 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by welshwiz View Post
Thanks for that Sarah

Did he wear a badge? can't think of the buckets of coke restaurant but sounds similar to Whispering Canyon one of his fave's.

Now Sky Venture that's a great idea will run it by him in the morning and hope he says yes as I'd love to do that too. Do you have to pre book or can I just call ahead when we arrive on the 7th (his birthday is the 16th).

LOL I feel sorry for him always being away but he's like the queen always has two birthday parties.
He did wear a badge from guest services... and the cast members REALLY made an effort to wish him a HB... it really made him smile . Whispering Canyon was the one I was on about - obviously I can't guarantee they'd make a fuss, but I'd think there was a chance they'd do it more there than a quieter restaurant. We ate breakfast at Chef Mickey's on the morning of Lewis' 11th Birthday last year, and despite him having a badge and our server knowing it was his Birthday, there was "only" the one celebration song/waving napkins, not a personal song just for him (or the other kids who were celebrating too) so I can see where your DS is coming from

With Sky Venture I called them from the UK before we went to book, and they told us just to go along. I called again when we got to Orlando and again they told us just to turn up... this was in June - so I don't know if it may be worth a call just to double check? Btw he'll be fine at his age - there was a little one of 4 doing it when we were there - and if you think Peter Pan can fly, you should watch those kids!

Do let me know what he says tomorrow - here's the Sky Venture site - we got Lewis a package with photos and a DVD, and it's really good.

Sarah x
Old 31 Jul 08, 11:23 PM  
Link to this Post
pigginpink
Apprentice Imagineer

It my DD 10 Birthday whilst we are away so have to do some planning, when people ask her what she is doing for her birthday she say florida of course, she has had three birthdays away.
pigginpink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 08, 11:37 PM  
Link to this Post
welshwiz
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Some serious convincing gonna be going on in this house tomorrow skyventure looks amazing! It'll be easy when I tell his he can fly on his own no machines just him and a wind tunnel awesome!

Can't wait to see the reaction when he goes back to school in September with his certificate!
Closed Thread