Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 8 Nov 09, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Question Travel agents - Cheap flights?

Hi All

I t's been a while since I posted but we are now thinking about next years trip to Florida and I had a question which I would like a few opinions on.
I have been searching the net for flights for next October but everything seems to be so expensive compared to our trip in October 2008. Will my local travel agent be able to get a better deal on flights and will they give me abetter deal if I book the whole holiday through them?

Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 09, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Flights prices (especially from Scotland) have shot up for next year, there has also been a recent increase in duty on flights. You may get a better deal booking a package with a tour operator but you need to compare to be sure.
Old 8 Nov 09, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi Lynn

Good to hear from you again. The last time we went we booked everything through our local travel agent and considering the company that managed the villa went bust the day after we arrived we felt it was a good move. Our travel agent fought our corner when we were asked to pay to be able to stay in the villa for the rest of our holiday. We hope this was a one off but we are drawn to book with our local agent again.
Where to you usually fly from?
Last time we flew from Gatwick but connecting flights from Inverness to Gatwick add a fair bit onto the overall cost.
Old 8 Nov 09, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi! We have done it all ways, booking DIY, with a travel agent and tour operator. We've gone direct from Glasgow and from Edinburgh via Gatwick, I must admit I prefer direct flights but will go with the cheapest and most convenient option at the time.

Sorry to hear about the trouble with the villa company. Only once we have had any major problem with accommodation and we were lucky we had booked a package on that occasion and the tour operator moved us to another resort. If we had booked direct we would have been on our own having to find an alternative place to stay.

Good luck in finding a bargain, if you do, don't forget to share
Old 8 Nov 09, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
hdr123
Serious Dibber

I'm with you on the increase flight cost for next year Highlander. I too am searching around for next October. Not holding out much hope for a reasonable price though.
Old 8 Nov 09, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Flights?

Hi All

I have been reading through some of the posts and it seems that some people have already booked flights for next October but when I tried some of the tour operators they don't seem to have schedules that far ahead. Some have flights out at the beggining of October but no planned flights back yet.
Do some of the operators have fschedules futher in advance of others?

Old 8 Nov 09, 09:19 PM  
Link to this Post

Scheduled flights are generally released 11 months ahead, you just need to wait for your return dates to become available. You can book flydrives, packages and charter flights further in advance.

Edited at 09:22 PM. Reason: interrupted by annoying DH
Old 8 Nov 09, 09:24 PM  
Link to this Post
skelfbsfb
Imagineer

skelfbsfb's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I found that if you check daily the prices change on a day to day basis. I managed to get my flights cheaper that what I paid this year so just keep checking you may get a bargin.
2003:Quality Inn Plaza 2004:Howard Johnston 2005:Sheraton 2006:POR 2007:AKL 2008:BWV-OKW 2009:BWV-VB-RPH 2010:Villa-HRH 2011:BWV-HRH-VB 2012:VB-OKW-BWV-HRH 2013:OKW-BWV-HRH 2014:OKW-BLT-HRH 2015:HRH-OKW-BWV-PVB 2016:OKW-HRH-BWV-PVB 2017: BWV - PVB 2018: BWV - PVB 2019: BWV - CC
skelfbsfb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 09, 01:23 AM  
Link to this Post
russandjill
Proud to wear my Ears

So what is the average price for return flights to Orlando for family of 4 - all seem to be coming up at about £1800 for Oct 2010.

Is this about right?
russandjill is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 09, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post

Best i could find so far is about £2000 from Glasgow
Closed Thread