Link to this Post
FindingMerida
Apprentice Imagineer

FindingMerida's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
He'll be humming It's a Small World before you know it

Sounds like an exciting trip And DC is amazing! We went 5 years ago and loved it
May 2016 - DLP Newport Bay Club Oct 2016 - DIBB Villa, BLT
Jun 2017 - DIBB Villa, HRH, AKV
Mar 2018 - DLP Magic Circus Jun 2018 - DCL Magic 7 Day Med
Sep 2018 - DLP 36K Challenge Nov 2018 - DLP Sequoia Lodge at Christmas
Apr 2019 - DIBB Villa, AKV, BLT
Sep 2019 - DLP 36K Challenge
Oct 2019 - DCL Fantasy 7 day Western Caribbean
Sep 2020 - DLP 36K Challenge
FindingMerida is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 13, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mrsbigbeak View Post
Looking forward to your report and loving the name 38 bacon rolls
Thank you

Originally Posted by LazyLily View Post
He'll be humming It's a Small World before you know it

Sounds like an exciting trip And DC is amazing! We went 5 years ago and loved it
LOL - IASW! That damn tune is so catchy

Can't wait to visit Washington DC now. Wasn't quite sure at first where to start but I think I have a good itenary planned now, and it's easier to plan now we know where we're staying
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 13, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

ESTAs, Travel Insurance and ATD balance paid off today!

Only got internal flights and Disney tickets to go now (plus the 'biggie' - paying off the holiday balance!).

Just found out we can't do the Steam train tour as it's shut when we go - bit gutted because of that, but means I have now tweaked our trip plan so we don't have to visit Epcot on a EMH day now.

Booked an ADR at Fulton's Crab house too today! Considering a lunch one at Rainforest Cafe at Animal Kingdom but not made my mind up yet ...
Leyfy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 13, 02:33 PM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Hmm I thought I had commented on this before but obviously just meant to.

The title is the best... my hubby has started to count the weeks to our holiday in dinners with his parents as we go once a week.

That sucks about the steam train tour - are you going to do a different tour to replace it?
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 13, 02:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MissVincent View Post
That sucks about the steam train tour - are you going to do a different tour to replace it?
Not sure yet... Going to have a look at the website. Might just book an ADR at Le Cellier instead as our treat

My OH loves Steam Trains and he's not bothered about doing any of the other tours really. Bit of a shame but as long as the train is still running round the outside of the park he'll be happy
Old 9 Mar 13, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

17 bacon rolls to go until the end of term!

Just booked a reservation with one days car hire to get us to Gettysburg, plus paid an extra $11 for a sat nav for the day with Enterprise. Chosen an 'intermediate', which apparently is a 'Toyota Corolla' or something along those lines. I checked all the car hire places available at the airport, and Enterprise were the cheapest and I've used them in the UK with no problems. We have a free shuttle to Ronald Reagan Airport from our hotel in Arlington, so we're picking the car up from there.

When we're in Orlando we have the free car hire with Virgin package and fully inclusive insurance. As I will be doing all the driving I'm a bit nervous

Sure I'll be fine once I get in there and get going though

So still to do? Disney tickets (next month) and internal flights (6/7 weeks before we go). Can't believe how quickly the countdown is going! Eeek!
Old 10 Mar 13, 11:31 AM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Ooh lovely we did DC, Orlando and New York last November.
I have been to DC before but this was even better, we would definately like to go back and I would also like to see Gettysburg.
OH took some brilliant photos, the museum of the American Indian at the top of the Mall has some amazing stuff in it, Also the museum of air and space near Dulles is superb and I am not reallly into planes that much.
Hope you have a great time even though you might not be able to look a bacon roll in the face again
* Ps We did our internal flights with Jetblue,they were fab.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 13, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Leyfy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by snowbelle View Post
Ooh lovely we did DC, Orlando and New York last November.
I have been to DC before but this was even better, we would definately like to go back and I would also like to see Gettysburg.
OH took some brilliant photos, the museum of the American Indian at the top of the Mall has some amazing stuff in it, Also the museum of air and space near Dulles is superb and I am not reallly into planes that much.
Hope you have a great time even though you might not be able to look a bacon roll in the face again
* Ps We did our internal flights with Jetblue,they were fab.
Thanks for the tip - just had a look at the Jetblue website and the prices look good!
Old 10 Mar 13, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Great pre trippy - love your title and the reason behind it .
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Mar 13, 03:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Ariel's Mum
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Love the title of your pre-trippie Sounds like a fab holiday. I'm sure once your OH gets to Florida he'll see it soooooo much more than just a big theme park.

2013 Trippie - Something Old Something New
2011 Trippie Disney & Beyond
2010 Trip Report UNFINISHED

2 weeks WDW '96 ~ Private Villa 2003 ~ Sheraton Village 2005 ~ Sanctuary Westhaven 2006, 2007, 2008 ~ Sarasota 10 days Oct 2008 ~ Windsor Palms 2009 ~ 24 Nights Sabal Harbour Jun 2010 ~ 28 Nights 2011 ~ Watersong/HRH/Rotonda Villa ~ 22 nights Westhaven/CR/AKL/RPR/Rotonda
NOW PLANNING 22 Nights - Orlando/Marco Island
Ariel's Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List