Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Jan 14, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Walmart or Winn Dixie?

Staying at Southern Dunes in March and there is both a Walmart and Winn Dixie on the door step.

Any advantage over one or another in quality, price, and choice of food and drink?
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 10:38 AM  
Link to this Post
nialltruan
Excited about Disney

Walmart will sell everything you need and more. The quality is ok but I prefer Publix for fresh and deli food.
I went into Winn Dixie and it looked fine. The fruit and veg were certainly better than Walmart. The downside was that for a lot of the offers you had to have a card, which they were quite happy to give me, except nobody came to customer service to serve me and after around 20 minutes I gave up and didn't go back.
I would visit both and see which you prefer.
nialltruan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Ok thanks for the reply. There is a Winn Dixie card to use in the villa so may come in useful.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 01:40 PM  
Link to this Post
shazzab
slightly serious Dibber

Def prefer Walmart especially for the big shop as there's lots more to choose from and it is cheaper. Found Winn Dixie quite expensive for a lot of things but it was a lot more convenient just to pop in on the way home from the parks for a few bits as and when needed

Bahama Bay May 05,Lake Davenport Oct 06,Highgate Park Aug 07,The Retreat at Legacy Park Oct 08,Rolling Hills for my big 40 Apr 10, Formosa Gardens Oct 11,Rolling Hills July 13,Penny from Heaven, Sunset Lakes Aug 16, Rozen Plaza Big 50 April 2020
shazzab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Toryn
Imagineer

Walmart is tesco Winn Dixie wait rose .I would go Walmart every time lot cheaper and you can get everything there .Winn Dixie as others have said has better quality green grocery but that's only really relevant if you're doing mostly self catering
Toryn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 03:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Susan Coleman
Imagineer

Susan Coleman's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
WinnDixie is more expensive but ,as said, useful if you have the card...and they are a little higher end
we have one near to us and just use it for our first night stop before we descend on the villa..
Other than that prefer Publix and sometimes Walmart who sell all
Relax with drinks on the south facing pool terrace...
All day sun..fabulous lake view...beautiful sunsets...
Disney magic in professionally themed Mickey's room!

http://www.disneyvillaaurora.com
New pool mosaics and lights!
Susan Coleman is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
JAF
Imagineer

Winn Dixie is NOT Waitrose that is Publix. We have used the Winn Dixie outside SD several times and always found we have been served quite quickly. It is definitely worth having a card as you can get some very good offers. For several items we have also found it cheaper than Walmart.
JAF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

We found that after a busy day in the parks, and you only wanted a couple of things, it was quicker to go to Winn Dixie and get them.
Don't forget to have a look around DollarTree, for all your cleaning stuff and bins liners etc, before you go into either of the other supermarkets.
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 14, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Thanks for the $tree tip. So that's like the 68p shop then
Old 27 Jan 14, 08:28 PM  
Link to this Post
mrs rcch
Imagineer

It's my favourite shop, usually visit at least 4-5 times very time we go
In my defence, you do find some bargains... thats my excuse, and I'm sticking to it
mrs rcch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread