Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 11 Apr 12, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
nicolemoo
Helping Mickey

When do you go shopping?

We have 14 fun packed days at parks / cruise and was wondering how and when everyone fits in the shopping?

I've so far only found time to fit in alramonte on the day we come back from the cruise! Help!
nicolemoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 12, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Glad you asked this, I've been wondering the same thing. We are going the weekend before Memorial day and I heard there's great sales then so iv kept a spot free on my Saturday to shop then. Look forward to hear what everyone else has to say.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 12, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

you could always go early before a visit to the parks, but don't get too hung up on shopping as there are not many bargains these days. years ago the shopping outlets were "outlets" and alot cheaper, but now they have realised that us brits are keeping the florida economy going and there's not alot of difference. last year my husband priced some trainers but didnt buy them, he got them at home a month later for £15 cheaper!
Old 11 Apr 12, 10:46 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by belcrest View Post
you could always go early before a visit to the parks, but don't get too hung up on shopping as there are not many bargains these days. years ago the shopping outlets were "outlets" and alot cheaper, but now they have realised that us brits are keeping the florida economy going and there's not alot of difference. last year my husband priced some trainers but didnt buy them, he got them at home a month later for £15 cheaper!
Not the case in my opinion
Gone are the days of $2 to the pound so hence now everything is a quarter dearer than it used too be due to the exchange rate
Also orlando is not just a holiday destination for us brits but in the top 10 destinations for americans also
I believe that if you shop with youre head and use coupons and vip clubs memberships there is loads of bargains to be had
Last may bought a hyvent north face jacket for $80
Over here the same jacket was £250 think the outlets must have seen me coming
Old 12 Apr 12, 02:06 AM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
i always leave shopping till nearer the end because otherwise i'd end up spending all my spending money! haha!
Old 12 Apr 12, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post

We always seem to find the time, we will either get some done at the weekends when parks are busier, or the other option is to combined with a waterpark morning there afternoon shopping. Failing that there are the evenings as well where may grab a bite to eat at a mall and then a bit of shopping.
Old 12 Apr 12, 07:39 AM  
Link to this Post
East Coaster
slightly serious Dibber

We very often shop in the early evening - park during the day, back for a shower, shop then eat or sometimes eat then shop! It's our evening entertainment!
East Coaster is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Apr 12, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by East Coaster View Post
We very often shop in the early evening - park during the day, back for a shower, shop then eat or sometimes eat then shop! It's our evening entertainment!
We do this, the shops are often open until 10pm so there is plenty of time.

We also go for 3 weeks, only do Disney, Discovery Cove and Seaworld so we have a bit more time
Old 12 Apr 12, 08:42 AM  
Link to this Post

Talking

We always have to make time for shopping, early mornings or late evenings are the times we prefer, lots of people from South America visit Orlando these days and they are always shopping in huge groups (things must be expensive in SA).
Bargains are there to be had but you've just got to put the time in to look/find them. Spend a bit of time planning the shopping trips.
Have a great trip.

Old 12 Apr 12, 08:52 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by belcrest View Post
Definitely not the case if you go to the right places. Look in Ross Marshalls, TJ maxx and Target Kmart as well as Walmart. Belles Outlets Burlington Coat Factory. Lake Buena Vista Mall.
I find Everything is cheaper than here apart from groceries.
Go in the evenings or early mornings Or in the middle of the night to Walmart! Happy Shopping .
Closed Thread