Notices

Old 25 Oct 14, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Christmas at Disneyland Paris December 2014 Pre Trip Report

Hello!

I thought it was about time to start my pre trip report for our Paris trip!

Introductions

I’m Sinéad, I’m 25 and I live in Coventry. I work in student accommodation, and this is my second trip to Disneyland Paris! This is my second Dibb trip report!

This is my fiancée Steve, he’s 27 and he works as an assistant manager in a bar and he’s just starting to design websites. This is his second trip to Disneyland Paris too!

This is what we look like together, wearing the same outfit unintentionally (we are awful).

If you venture into the Florida trip report section, you might recognise us from my trip report. We had an amazing trip to Florida earlier this year, where we got engaged!

It was probably the most fun I have ever had, it was an amazing trip in many many ways!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 14, 11:52 PM  
Link to this Post

Bookings!

After we returned from our amazing trip to Florida, we started thinking about our next holiday! After doing some working out, we realised that we would be able to squeeze in a second holiday this year! Considering we didn’t go on one holiday last year, this is extremely exciting for me!

Due to my job, we’re not able to go on holiday from July - October. We knew this would mean we would be looking at a city break, and due to our budget, it would be somewhere in Europe. We started looking at places like Stockholm and Copenhagen. We had an amazing time in Paris in 2012, but we were keen to try somewhere new. I couldn’t really get excited about anywhere but Paris, so we decided Paris was what we would go for! We were slightly swayed by the incredibly exciting prospect of Christmas at Disneyland Paris! We decided on the 30th November - 5th December, as this would be early enough to give us enough time to sort out Christmas!

Once we’d decided to go to Paris, we thought about how we would split our time. We love Paris, and I couldn’t imagine going to DLP without visiting Paris!

We were originally going to just book a Disneyland Paris hotel, and spend a full day in Paris as Parisian hotel rates are pretty astronomical, but after getting a pretty sweet deal for our DLP hotel on the two days free offer, we decided to book our dream Paris hotel for one night!

Yep, our dream Paris hotel is a Holiday Inn! When we were planning our 2012 trip we looked at this hotel a lot but we couldn’t make the numbers work! The main reason it’s our number one choice is it’s amazing views:

And there’s a roof terrace! (Which I’m praying is open in December)

We’ve paid for an Eiffel Tower view, so I’m pretty excited!

We’re staying here for one night and having two days in Paris before heading over to DLP. Spending our first night in Paris also means that we could take advantage of the £34.50 fares on the Eurostar, as the direct train to Marne La Vallee had sold out of cheap fares long before we started looking!

There was only really one option for us when looking for our DLP hotel… The Sequoia Lodge!

We stayed here for one night on our last trip, and I can’t wait to go back in the winter! We’ve booked a room in the main hotel as we stayed in a lodge last time, and I want to see what it’s like in there. I’ve also heard the Christmas decorations are great too, so we’re excited to check them out!

Old 8 Nov 14, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post

How exciting! I loved DLP at Christmas time. Congratulations on your engagement!
Old 9 Nov 14, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
How exciting! I loved DLP at Christmas time. Congratulations on your engagement!
Thank you! Oooh that's good to hear, I'm soooo excited!
Old 11 Nov 14, 05:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely pre trippie! We are also going at Christmas time but a little after you - We'll be in Paris 7th - 10th December and Disney 10th - 14th. I'm soooooooo excited, just can't wait. Ours is trip number approx 17/18 (i've lost count) for me, 3 for DH and 1st EVER Disney trip for MIL who we are kindly taking with us

You can read all about it in my extensive pre-trippie (I'm a planner).

Congrats on your engagement - hope you have a magical DLP Trip. It really is super special at Christmas time - you will love it!
Old 11 Nov 14, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Tink&Peter View Post
Lovely pre trippie! We are also going at Christmas time but a little after you - We'll be in Paris 7th - 10th December and Disney 10th - 14th. I'm soooooooo excited, just can't wait. Ours is trip number approx 17/18 (i've lost count) for me, 3 for DH and 1st EVER Disney trip for MIL who we are kindly taking with us

You can read all about it in my extensive pre-trippie (I'm a planner).

Congrats on your engagement - hope you have a magical DLP Trip. It really is super special at Christmas time - you will love it!
Thank you! Wow that's amazing! I'll have to check out your pre-trippie, I've been obsessively looking for videos of DLP at Christmas!
Old 12 Nov 14, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post

My pre trippie for this trip is here.

You can also see my pre trippie and highs and lows from our last Christmas DLP trip in December 2012 here and here!

I think I never quite got round to posting a full trippie but I most definitely will this time round!
Old 28 Nov 14, 01:04 AM  
Link to this Post

Im so excited we're going at the same time - will need to keep a eye out for one another ! I'm so jealous you're staying at the SL - it was the one I wanted to go for as it's supposed to be absolutely beautiful at Christmas! The views from your Paris hotel looks incredible, definitely dream hotel!