Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Closed Thread

Old 19 Oct 14, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
koneko
Excited about Disney

My budget was 1k, but I fell in love with a dress that was £1600 before alterations. I didn't want to push the budget so I found the exact same dress on preloved for £475 which included an underskirt and a proper dress box. I love it so much, I've booked a seamstress for my alterations and my first fitting will be just after Christmas, but I don't think it will need a lot doing as its quite close to the right size already.
First WDW Trip with the kids - June 2019
MAY/JUNE 2022 BOOKED - FINGERS CROSSED!
koneko is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 14, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post

I got married 18 months ago and my dress took 10 months to arrive so I'd start looking sooner rather than later.

My dress was £2,145 but I think it's very variable. I didn't have a set budget and just went with what I loved.

ETA: this included alterations but no accessories.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 14, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieStrawb
Very Serious Dibber

MinnieStrawb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My dress cost around £85 I'm one of those that would rather have more spending money, so I took the risky option of buying from China. It was made to my measurements and didn't need any alterations. Everyone who've seen my photos so far say how beautiful the dress looked. I'm certainly pleased that I didn't spend anymore than that.

MinnieStrawb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 14, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by MinnieStrawb View Post
My dress cost around £85 I'm one of those that would rather have more spending money, so I took the risky option of buying from China. It was made to my measurements and didn't need any alterations. Everyone who've seen my photos so far say how beautiful the dress looked. I'm certainly pleased that I didn't spend anymore than that.
I did exactly the same it was made to my measurements and when it arrived it fit like a glove and im a cadburys mishape, it was beautiful and the detail on it was amazing and the price including p&p was only £87 that was over 8 years ago
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Oct 14, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle x
Very Serious Dibber

Belle x's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I am getting married in June 2016 . I bought my dress about 2 weeks ago and it cost £730 (20% off). It will now take 6 months to come into the shop - so I won't see it until April/May next year & then I have to go for a fitting & any alterations. You can never start looking too early!

Next Trip - Pop & Endless Summer - August 2024
Belle x is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Oct 14, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
mouskevik
Imagineer

Mine was £100 on the tag but I won it on eBay for £5. It was an occasion dress but in champagne so wedding coloured I accessorised with a black petticoat and sash. Our wedding was very much thrifty/DIY and I enjoyed all the bargain hunting!
Sandy Ridge/Miami/HRH - Aug 2019
mouskevik is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 14, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
sungiggs
Imagineer

sungiggs's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by MinnieStrawb View Post
Do you have the details of where you ordered from, you dress is lovely

sungiggs is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 14, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

There is nothing on earth like your wedding dress, when you see it, it has to be yours no matter if it costs £100 or £10,000.
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Nov 14, 12:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie40
Apprentice Imagineer

Mine was £695 six years ago & my budget was £700, it was a Mori Lee
Old 23 Nov 14, 12:27 AM  
Link to this Post
floridafan10
Trainee Dibber

My DIL got hers 2weeks ago and paid £950 from Berkertex, they panicked a bit when she said she was getting married next May but said it would be ready in time. They also did a package to for £200 which covered the cost of a hoop, tiara and veil of her choice.
floridafan10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread