Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Closed Thread

Old 15 Sep 09, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

Should I go or should I cancel?

My grandson was quite badly injured in a car crash on Sunday and is in a coma. Things are looking more promising each day but I really don't know whether to cancel or not. Can anyone tell me if Virgin will rebook flights at a later date and if it will cost more money. I think, in the circumstances, we should not have to pay but I don't know.
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh my thoughts are with you and your family.
Are you not covered on your travel insurance for family illness? Check your policy. Our insurance covers us if a family member is seriously ill and we have to cancel our travel.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sharonkll
Dibbing with Tink

sharonkll's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
from experience, we had to cancel and re-book the flights when we were ready, as the airline wouldn't let us amend at such short notice. We had to claim back all monies paid from our travel insurance.

Check with the insurance company first before cancelling...

hope your grandson makes a speedy recovery.

xxx

Disney AKL, Disney Boardwalk, Disney Polynesian
Disney Pop Century, Disney Port Orleans, Portofino Bay, Hard Rock Hotel, Loews Royal Pacific, The Renaisssance
& lots more off site hotels and villas, too many to mention!
sharonkll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Link to this Post

hi i would also check your insurance hope he recovers well all my love sandra
Link to this Post
mouli1
Imagineer

mouli1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
what a terrible thing to happen ,I hope that he gets well soon.

Sadly this is what travel insurance is for ,you may be able to cancel and get a refund it depends on your policy ,or ring Virgin and ask if there is anything they can do for you with regard to postponing your trip until a later date.There may be a charge but its better than canceling the trip ,they may have some discretion over the admentment costs due to the circumstances

[R]
mouli1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachie
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi, so sorry to hear your news.
I personally would cancel, as Disney will still be there for many years! (Although looking at your countdown, you still have another couple of weeks to decide)?
I don't know if Virgin will refund but would have thought that your travel insurance would cover you?
Worth giving them a ring first.
All the best in your decision.
Rachie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:10 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
no other advice than checking with the insurance company, i just wanted to wish your grandson a speedy and full recovery
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG I feel for you & yours, that's awful. As for any assistance from your operator, surely there is provision within their PR department to allow rescheduling of your holiday or even cancellation with a full refund, you'd think so! Also I'd try the insurance option mentioned by the other Dibbers below, surely there is something you can do, or rather they can do for you? Our thoughts are with you!
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post

That's awful news. I'm so sorry to read this. Have no advice to offer regards your holiday, but didn't want to read and run. Best wishes to your grandson and to your family x
Old 15 Sep 09, 02:17 PM  
Link to this Post
tink66
Apprentice Imagineer

Thank you all so much for your replies and your best wishes for my grandson. You are all such lovely people.

I think I will hang fire for another week and see how he progresses and then decide. He is worth much more to us than a holiday!
tink66 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread